Dizzyness/ lightheaded / dazed feeling

Posted , 9 users are following.

Went Xmas shopping today and just felt in a world of my own. Like I'm in a daze/ lightheaded. 

Iv had enough of feeling like this! It brings me down and makes me not want go do anything and scared. Will this pass? Has anyone experienced this? And got through it? And any tips? 

I get this every day! I am also day 7 of Prozac. 

2 likes, 53 replies

53 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Michelle,

I assume that whoever gave you Prozac also ordered bloodwork and  thyroid panel withTSH, T3 and T4 (?) Spaciness can be a sign of endocrine or even nutritional deficiencies which if left untreated, get much, much worse with time. 

You owe it to yourself to insist that your doctor rules out all of the above.

If he says you're nuts -  ditch him and find someone else.cheesygrin

• Posted

Hello

Iv had all my blood works checked. Nothing was wrong. And I take multi vitamins. 

I may ring them tomorrow and see maybe about upping my dosage? Maybe that's what I need? As I do feel very spaced out and worried. Who knows. Iv started taking it at night because I couldn't sleep. Now I feel anxious in the day. So maybe I do need to up the dosage. Iv no idea. 

Sometimes I feel like checking myself into a hospital. Literally this is not me. Hope it stops. 

Thanks for the advice 

• Posted

You should google "A very inspiring column about depersonalization and derealization"

• Posted

Oops...I just saw the comment about  "positional vertigo". That's a possible sign of  B12/folate deficiency, along with :

Tinnitus

Tremor

Paresthesia - numbness, tingling and pain

Confusion / disorientation

Weakness of legs, arms, trunk

Impaired vibration - position sense

Abnormal reflexes

Unsteady or abnormal gait / falls

Ataxia (Neurological disorder affecting balance, coordination and speech)

Balance problems

Difficulty ambulating

Dizziness

Restless legs

Visual disturbances / decreased-blurred vision / damage of optic nerve

Forgetfulness, memory loss

Dementia / intellectual deterioration

Impotence

Paralysis

Impaired fine motor coordination

Muscular spasticity

Bladder or bowel incontinence

Impaired pain perception

Nocturnal cramping

Disturbance in taste and smell

Optic atrophy

Neuropsychiatric

Confusion/disorientation

Psychosis

Post natal depression

Hallucinations

Memory loss

Delusion

Depression

Suicidal ideation

Mania

Anxiety

Paranoia

Irritability

Apathy

Personality changes

Inappropriate sexual behaviour

Violent/aggressive behaviour

Schizophrenic symptoms

Sleep disturbances

Insomnia

Changes in taste, smell, vision, and sensory/motor function which can be mistaken for psychiatric problems

...and there's even more where that came fromfrown!

• Posted

Went for a bike ride today. Got to admit I really enjoyed it. 

Would reccomend. WrAp up and go for a nice ride. 

• Posted

Does anyone expierence aches? Like in there arms? It's really weird like there shaking and then they ache. What's that about?
  • Posted

Last 3 days iv felt very on edge / anxious in the day. Iv had to call the DR no more appointments left so I'm waiting for one to call me back. It's horrible. My breathing feels so heavy too last 3 days ( like I'm

About to have a panick attack )  and I'm on my own today. So makes me feel really lonely. 

• Posted

So DR rang me back as I couldn't get a appointment so late. As after I called them I had a cup of tea and threw it up. She said ita possibly a bug you have picked up. ( I was worried as I haven't been on these very long and last 3 days iv felt anxious )

• Posted

Last 3/4 days iv had bad morning anxiety waking shaking heavy breathing & I get worried. Yesturday I was sick too ( DR said was just a bug ) 

I haven't been on Prozac even 2 weeks yet. 

And it's my birthday todaysad had cancel all my plans it's rubbish! I used to be active. 

• Posted

did you check if its magnisium deficincy?. 
    • Posted

Iv had bloods done? Nothing came from it?

Would magnesium come up? Or is that a separate test? I'm seeing DR Friday for a check up as last couple days I can't eat ( was sick yesturday ) and iv felt anxious. 

• Posted

usually if someone has Magnissium Deficincy he would feel Some not all of these symptoms: Calcium deficiency - Poor heart health - Weakness - Muscle cramps - Tremors - Nausea - Anxiety - High blood pressure - Dizziness - Fatigue - Potassium deficiency - Difficulty swallowing - Poor memory Confusion.

i had dizziness, clogged ears, tinnitus in the left ear and tingling in the muscles and all doctors told me its anxiety and stress and gave me medicines then finally a dcotor i knew told me stop all your medications and take magnisium tablets and things are getting better from then. maybe you should check it out.

• Posted

Maybe I should mention this to the DR Friday. 

Which ones do you take? Well done for pulling through. 

• Posted

Yes mention it to your doctor. i am taking MAGNE B6. Hope you feel better.
  • Posted

Dizziness has been very bad last 2 days ( worst birthday ever ) 

I can't even get out of bed. I get soo scared and lightheaded. I used to be soo bloody active sad I'm 23! I should be living life. 

I'm booking some yoga / mindfullness classes as iv heard that's very good for anxiety. 

I'm also 2 weeks into Prozac. & think have to book in a check up tomorrow. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.