dla appeal yesterday and feel like just giving up on life

Posted , 10 users are following.

OMG, what an experience, im still in a state of anxiety. I developed Fibro in 2013 after i was diagnoised with dvt in my arm, multipile clots in my lungs and empazema. i have since been diagnosed crps in my left arm where i had the dvt. i was up for my appeal yesterday and i never experienced anything like it. It was question after question for one and a half hours. After they had finished i was asked to leave the room and they would make their decision.The clerk came out and reached me my files, said they had come to a decision and they would post it out to me. I dont understand why they just couldnt tell me there and then. Has anyone else ever experienced this and what was the outcome. plz help, i feel totally defeated. 

1 like, 53 replies

53 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello Claire,

Glad to hear the good news about your case. Proof that sometimes the goodies do  win. Hope you get some encouragement from this Tiswas. Keep on fighting!

Take care, Anne

• Posted

Hi Claire, I'm so glad you got your pip sorted, I have lower amount for care on DLA for life but I've had a letter about the changes to PIP and how I will probably have t fill in more forms.

i used to get the higher rate of DLA a then had an interview in which they decided to lower it. They told lies about what I said but I didn't find out till I got the transcript of the interview and I didn't have the strength to fight back.

i would recommend everyone checking to see if there is a Welfare Rights department in their area, it's usually a council run department so they may have been cut but if not they are very good at doing the forms and fighting appeals. I used to help people with their forms, everyone I helped got their DLA award but I wouldn't trust myself to do them now.

finaly, sorry for going on, I haven't been on here for weeks because my hands are so stiff and sore I struggle even with my iPads touch screen. I miss everybody and hope to get my hands sorted so I can come back soon!

love to all xxx

• Posted

Hi Shelagh

Hope your hands feel better soon. I do enjoy chatting on this forum.

Have a great day ! razz

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.