DLA-PIP

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi All,

Today I made the phone call to begin my own personal quest to go from dla  to pip.

I was asked if I would like my dla evidence to be attached to my claim, I agreed.

The process only took about 15 minutes, oh  the calm before the storm.

My personalised claim form will be with me within 14 days. I have sorted through my recent letters and asked for more details from my gp, I think I am ready for stage two.

Will keep you informed.

Mike.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi AlexandriaGizmo,

Perhaps trick was the wrong word. Outflank, outthink,outsmart yes probably better words to describe the dwp assessment procedure. The peoples of this nation are world re known for their stiff upper lip, mustnt grumble, bulldog spirit, can do attitude to life. I felt at the time that if I had known, prior to entering the reception room, that I was under observation by undeclared monitoring staff, masquerading as receptionists, then I would have acted normally, rather than putting on a brave face trying to have a conversation about a couple of pounds of travel expenses that I did not want to claim anyway as I had had a distressing journey to the centre in the first place.

Mike.

and yes I am seriously enough disabled to think I should try to get pip. 

• Posted

I totally understand where you're coming from with this, however for PIP it's not really about being disabled. It's about whether you meet those descriptors. PIP has very specific criteria and if those descriptors don't apply then there won't be a PIP award.

This isn't aimed you specifically Mike, it's aimed to everyone that reads this.

The evidence that you send needs to be relevant to how your conditions affect you and aimed at those PIP descriptors applying to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.