Dla stopping Pip application

Posted , 7 users are following.

hello admin ..I have had the letter saying my pips forms are in way ,I am in no fit state to fill the dreaded forms in ..I have no one to help me ..please can you advise ..I am seeing mental health team late March but think that may be too late to ask for help ...I got in a bad way on phone just trying to apply pip 

I was on Dla both enchanhanced for indefinite 

sorry for being distressed I just don't know where to turn , it's my hekath and mental health now since I applied originally 

I can't deal with forms and stuff 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

  • Posted

    Have you got a support worker? . If not try cab. Citizens advice. Bureau.
    • Posted

      Hi I have just requested a home visit from welfare rights , is that the Same thing ..I may be given a support worker after first app with mental health but that's not till a march 

  • Posted


    "I can't deal with forms and stuff".

    And there we have the problem. If you suffer from poor mental capacity and also a disability that was deemed serious enough for enhanced rate dla indefinetly then how could you possibly fill in such life changing legal do uments such as pip forms.Add in the fact that you have no one else to turn to and things must look grim. Your best bet would be your local council welfare officer, if such a person is available in your local council, or CAB, they may be able to help.

    You must ring dwp and ask for more time to return forms if you feel you need to, don't leave it or you will lose it.


  • Posted

    You could see if there is someone from a local MIND group who can help you.

    Also Citizens Advice Bureau are sometimes good.

    Have you got a social worker or a carer?

    There is help out there it is just a question of knowing where to turn.

    Dependilng on your age thee may also be appropriate organisations you can go to.

    Hope this helps.

    Take care and keep in touch


    • Posted

      Thank you Sarah 

      i have only nust just been referred to mental health and not seeing them until the end of March ..I am 53 and used to be able to cope sort paper work I can't do any of that one I get worked up confused etc ...I did explain this in phone to pip ..but I still only have  four weeks to get it all sorted when the forms arrive sad 

      i have asked for welfare rights to visit me so I am hoping I can get an appointment and they can help 

    • Posted

      Welfare Rights is a brilliant idea.

      When they took my DLA away from me many years ago I appealed and had to go to tribunal. I had a local Welfare Rights Officer to represent me and he was absolutely great. I got it back and all the backdated stuff.

    • Posted

      Did you mention that you had the form to fill in and the time factor?

      . I will search out something for you when I feel a little better. My daughter works for mind but they are not allowed to fill the forms, however, they can support you by suggesting, and going with you to other organisations. . All the best. Thinking of you

    • Posted

      As promised. I made some enquiries for you. You can call mind in Birmingham and they will advise you. You can also contact scope. Disability rights finally age UK. Depending on your age. . Best wishes

      Let me know how you get on

      Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the phone numbers as we do not publish these in the forums (at least one was incorrect and they may change). They can be found by visiting the relevant websites or if users wish to exchange these details please use the Private Message service.


    • Posted

      You can on other sites here but they won't appear immediately,  only after the mod has checked then out.  You can send links straightway if you pm them though.  x


Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.