DLA to PIP

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am on indefinite DLA and due to be moved over to PIP.. When you get your forms to fill out  for PIP and waiting assessment.  Does your DLA payments stop altogether and you recieve nothing until your accepted for PIP or do you still get paid until the final decision about PIP?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Your dla will Continue until the decision.. If they decide you are not entitled to pip.. They will pay your dla for four weeks after your decision so basically you will receive one last payment. As for transfer I've no idea as mine is currently under mandatory reconsideration.

• Posted

Thank you to everyone that has replied it gives me a bit of piece of mind to know they don't leave you with no money while being assessed..

• Posted

I have just been through this very process ,i wasin reciept of DLA and bave just recently been awarded P,I,P (at both enhanced rstes)

My DLA it being paid until the PIP tajes over in september 2016

So there should be little or no disruption

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.