DLA to pip and I am 65

Posted , 10 users are following.

I am 65 receiving DLA and now have to be assessed for Pip. My DLA was indefinitely.

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I think you go on to Attendance Allowance from 64. So possibly why your being assessed.
    • Posted

Bobby that's wrong. Attendance Allowance is for those aged 65 and over who don't already have a claim for DLA/PIP.

• Posted

Sorry this is confusing new. Glad you k ow what your talking about Denise.
    • Posted

Yes Denise if right Bobby.  If you were 65 or over on 8th April 2013 you would claim Attendance Allowance.  If under it's PIP.  x

• Posted

Hi. Same here, my friend. After a year, i have just had an assessment for PIP. I hope your application goes well. It is so rediculous.
    • Posted

Pat it really is isnt it. Im hoping for alot of us. Theyll do something about all this must do assesments. I felt although yes she seemed a lovely lady after reading so many horror stories tryed not to let my guard down. It made me feel I was lying when I wasnt. Its so degrading and unnessary.
    • Posted

I highly doubt they'll stop the assessments. As lovely as that sounds but that was the whole point of changing from DLA to PIP in the first place was so that people would be assesed regular to stop those long term claimants who no longer qualified.

• Posted

I dont think theyll stop Assesments either. I said I hope they do something about them. And I think that in time is likely by reading its going to the house of parliment. After thousands and counting complaints. And all the disability registered groups campaining. More& more MPs getting involved. Im 43 and found it highly stressful. I feel so sorry for elderly patients having to do this.I dont think they,ll just keep getting away with so much. All these appeals taking place also cost money.And people winning shows the amount of untrustworthy people companys have employed. Theirs hope yet. I read That the mobility scheme are already considering dropping the critera for people with strong mobility problems to lease Vehicles. Which is good.Although it dosnt effect me. Again reading such upsetting storys. Its others I feel for.

• Posted

It's very humiliating and stressful when you wish that you could exchange the pain and dependency for a good quality of life. I worked for 35 years and still try to do voluntary work when I can but the genuine ones are the ones who are penalised. Praying that they will come up with a new solution to this dilemma.

• Posted

The issue of work is one of the things that really annoys me with these assessments.  I work part time with a lot of difficulty, adjustments made to my job and my managers are often concerned that I am not well enough to be at work and I think in time the will try to push me towards ill health retirement.  I want to keep working while I can.  On my PIP assessment form the fact I work was used as evidence that I don't have problems for many of the activities.  I had explained everything about my work on my form as I had been warned that they were likely to use it against me.  It seems wrong to use work like this without considering the adjustments that have been made and the difficulties still present.  

If I wasn't working now and was receiving PIP and ESA I would be very reluctant to attempt to return to work part time, for fear of losing PIP, knowing how they view work because I couldn't live on just a part time wage and yet it is supposed to be an in work benefit.  I accept that some jobs might contradict the difficulties that a claimant had stated but that's not the case for me.  I am doing a very simple data entry job because my memory and concentration are very poor but I can manage to simply copy from a piece of paper onto a computer.

Many of their reasons are a bit strange but I think if they put work down as a reason for giving zero points on an activity they should elaborate as to why they think that contradicts your claimed needs.  If they don't do that they may as well say that they don't believe an employer would make adjustments (that they are legally required to do) in order to enable a severely disabled employee to continue working and therefore the claimant must be lying.

• Posted

I totally agree with you Scally in my opinion and knowing others that have disabilitys yet still work its held against them. Its meant to help the workers. But it really dosnt atall. But Good on you for trying so hard.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.