DLA to PIP=rip off

Posted , 9 users are following.

Not sure who ATOS are and no idea why after the government used an private employment agency was a majour flop they have another outside agency determining people's disability? surely your GP, Consultants and Adult social service know what you are like and your needs. I'm getting worried because I've heard a lot of stories of people losing their benefits or mobility cars. I've been disabled since 1992 due to a severe illnes and and have had my high rate mobility middle rate of care undefined. Now I have a so called health professsional for a home visit. If you are not liable to improve why do the government put us through even more stress and threatening our ability to employ carers? Thought they were supposed to look after the poor and needy. Disabled people are lucky if they get £10,000/year and they are trying to cut our money. They already stitch you up, my wife is my full time carer and got paid carers allowance, until she qualified for her pension, now she gets £12 pension credit instead of £55 but doing the same job. She gets her pension as a right not abenefit.

0 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sadly zorro as this government is not interested in what GP's, Consultants and Adult social services say as they and us are pretty irrelevant in the governments great scheme of things.

Make sure you and your wife state everything as its not the conditions that will get one awared PIP but the functional effects of your conditions which affect one on a daily basis that will get it.

If you need advice don;t be afraid to contact CAB or one of the other advice services or ask one of us on this forum.

• Posted

Done that but the best option I got was from my adult social services who even gave me her home phone number plus her other contact numbers. Guess what? they didn't even contact her. So I have no idea where they get their info from and how they can make a decision and what reports do they look at?

• Posted

Hi,

Atos are a french based firm who along with Capita seem to run this countries finances. They decide who gets what with benefits and Capita particularly crop up all over ,they also monitor the tv licence payments.

You don't seem up to speed reference disability benefits. DLA as was has now been replaced with pip which is not interested as to what is wrong with you, only how it affects your daily routine. That's why many people get no awards or reduced awards.People that have lost limbs are not nessassarily unable to walk or hold things, but would struggle to do everyday things.

Nearly everyone is refused straight away, you need to appeal and appeal again.

Good luck,

Mike.

• Posted

I've had a heart transplant 1995 had a viral brain infection and a broken hip. I suffer from severe muscular pain which is a side affect on the anti rejection drugs that I have to take to stay alive. I still cannot understand why if it's been ok for the last 25 years they are now penalising people and taking away the ability to employ carers. The other thing that I'm strugling with is my local health authortiy is talking about not paying for my on hospital accomadation when I need to go to London for 6month check ups, the accomadation which is on site and provided for patients. Been intouch with my MP but told I have to wait until June which is when they will make a decision, this happens to be when I have to go for my annual check up. It just seems that the government is determine to screw people with a disability. Sorry for the rant but I'm getting well stressed.

• Posted

l understand exactly how you feel as l myself and many others have no idea what the future holds given the governments relentless  ideological demonising war on the sick and disabled rather then sorting  out their own  rich mates. 
  • Posted

?I'm very worried and stressed about my husband 's upcoming f2f for PIP review.

like your husband I am his full time carer.

I am from no EU country and my visa doesn't allow me to access to any welfare benefits so we live on his single person's sea and his PIP.

I understand as I haven't contributed enough to this country but it is not easy for two of us to live on one person 's benefit.

Also if he loses his PIP, I will no longer be able to stay in this country.

He has to satisfy financial requirements for me to stay in this country (a part of my visa criteria) and without PIP he will be considered not being able to support me financially.

Worst case, I might have to leave him alone here and to go back my country. He cannot survive without me though...

I understand gavament has tight budget but they shouldn't make their own people suffer at least.

• Posted

Hi Zorro

If you had your fce-to-face assessment yet, you will have had/or will receive a decision from the DWP decision maker based on what the assessor writes. Dont be too surprised if your claim is turned down. This appears to be common. When you receive the decision from the DM - and not before - contact DWP for a copy of the assessors report. You will have 28 days from the date of the letter (not the date you received it) from DWP with the decision to ask them to reconsider it.

Check everything the assessor wrote against what the DM states. Note anything left out or incorrectly reported in the assessors report and inc any other evidence and supporting statements for claim to be reconsidered. You will hear back with a Mandatory Reconsideration Notice. It may well re-iterate what was said in the first response to your claim. If that is, so then seriously consider going to appeal. Remember only 2% of all rejected claims go to appeal, partly because people have become stressed or feel that they have no hope of winning. But 60% of those who go to appeal win their ppeal and get PIP.

Good luck and if you have any queries, I am sure that someone will be able to offer advice and support.

You will receive

• Posted

I filled in all the forms for PIP pretty much the same as my DLA submission. I'm still worried about these people making a decision when they turn up for an hour and make a desiscion about your condition. Once again why can they not make a judgement from the reports from all your consultants who know way more about your condition than some person who is probably getting paid for every benefit they can reduce.?

• Posted

I put on my form that they need to come to my home to acess me as I cannot get to their appointments because of my health. I also put on the form that if you do not want to support me living at home then put me in a home and pay them to look after me.
    • Posted

Hi Steve,

I was wondering why you said -  When you receive the decision from the DM - and not before - contact DWP for a copy of the assessors report. 

I sent for mine 3 days after the face to face assessment and received it within a week.  As it happened, mine was a good report and I was awarded enhanced on both care and mobility, but if I had needed to put in for an MR and had waited until the decision letter from the DWP had arrived, before sending for the report, it would have been pushing things to do the MR within the 28 day deadline.

• Posted

Thanks but I'm waiting to see what is happening when they've been and see the result, I do not need this extra stress as I'm going through possible life threatening treatment within the next 2 weeks.

• Posted

Hi Zorro,  

stress is a dreadful thing and the DWP contribute so much to a lot of genuinely ill people.  I wish you the very best, if you feel able, please keep us informed know how things go. x

• Posted

When I said that the DWP contribute so much to genuinely ill people, I should have said that what they contribute is  STRESS !!!
    • Posted

I take it that you have not yet had your face-to-face consultation. Whilst in no way do I wish to add to the obvious stress and anxiety that waiting for this might cause, and although I have not had a home assessment, the procedure is pretty much the same for assessments. it is important to note that the assessor will watch and note everything from the time that he/she arrives. The DWP decision maker will make a decision based on what the assessor reports.

Unfortunately the "rules" have changed and although submissions from doctors, consultants etc can be submitted, the procedure is now that we are judged on how we can/cannot perform various tasks on a daily basis. I totally agree that the decision maker who is not a health professional and who does not know us or is knowledgable about our conditions and disabilities can possibly know or understand how are lives are affected.

• Posted

Hi Sukes

You are right to comment that waiting for the assessor`s report decreases the time to get the form requesting reconsideration of the decision.

I made my remark only because, in certain admittedly rare cases, DWP decision makers have awarded PIP and therefore the claimant needed not request the assessor`s report. I apologise and in hindsight can see that this was not the best advice I should have offered.

Unfortunately it is not possible to amend or delete posts once posted.

So sorry again my apologies to you and to Zorro.

• Posted

No need to apologise Steve, to be honest I have heard some people say that the DWP will not send out the report until a decision has been made.  My assessment was July last year and I had no problem whatsoever.  However they do keep moving the goalposts, so things could have changed.  x
    • Posted

Thanks Sukes.

I had heard somewhat similar stories of DWP not sending out assessor`s reports until a decision had been made and it was to that I was referring, but although goalposts have been shifted I dont know if this is still the case..

• Posted

Some is coming tomorrow, I have some questions for them, as I've had Brain damage and my memory is aweful can I record the convesation on my phone? I have everything written down so I make sure they don't miss anything, what qualifications do you have to make a judgement on my condition, finally after 25 years of recieving dla and now I'm not entitled to the same money, am I going to be prosecuted for over payment of benefit for the last 25 years. If so will you please lock me up because I would be in a better situation than I am now and I would not have to claim? I don't care how much it costs to keep someone in prison! bring it on. end of rant so angry.

• Posted

No you can't record the assessment from your phone. You need to tell the in advance if you plan to record because you have to give them a copy as well. If you record it and they catch you they'll stopp the assessment imediately.

What do you mean "prosecuted for over payment"? You were on DLA because you were entitled to it at the time. Now it's changed to PIP and like everyone else you have to go through the process to change over.

I think it maybe a good idea to take a few deep breaths because getting angry over something doesn't change the situation, all it does is make conditions worse.

• Posted

I can fully understand your frustrations Zorro, the system is unfair, but Denise is right and getting confrontational at the beginning, is maybe not the best way to go about things. Let us know how it goes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.