DLA to PIP=rip off

Posted , 9 users are following.

Not sure who ATOS are and no idea why after the government used an private employment agency was a majour flop they have another outside agency determining people's disability? surely your GP, Consultants and Adult social service know what you are like and your needs. I'm getting worried because I've heard a lot of stories of people losing their benefits or mobility cars. I've been disabled since 1992 due to a severe illnes and and have had my high rate mobility middle rate of care undefined. Now I have a so called health professsional for a home visit. If you are not liable to improve why do the government put us through even more stress and threatening our ability to employ carers? Thought they were supposed to look after the poor and needy. Disabled people are lucky if they get £10,000/year and they are trying to cut our money. They already stitch you up, my wife is my full time carer and got paid carers allowance, until she qualified for her pension, now she gets £12 pension credit instead of £55 but doing the same job. She gets her pension as a right not abenefit.

0 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Today's news Disabled People Against Cuts (DPAC) said DWP’s “underhand” decision to impose the cuts had again shown its “contempt” for the judiciary.

A DPAC spokesperson said: “It has become increasingly obvious that disability benefit entitlement is no longer based on need, but on how much the government is prepared to pay.

“Disability tests, whether for ESA or PIP, are fine-tuned to give the results the government expect in terms of expenditure, which determines the number of people entitled to disability benefits.

“The legality of changing the law in such a way needs to be addressed as it is a key pillar of our constitution that parliament makes the law and the courts interpret it.”

• Posted

Hi,

It does seem these days that if there are cuts to be made then dla-pip benefits are there for the cutting.

It was a master stroke to get the general public to believe that out of the hundreds of thousands of sick and disabled claimants, only a few thousand were genuine, just a matter of rewriting the rules to find them out. I would be very interested to know just how much this has cost so far including the mandatory reconsideration, tribunal and court costs, not to mention dwp overtime and training and refresher training g of all the staff. That's separate to the hundreds of millions to Atos Capita and Maximus or whatever their called.

Mike.

• Posted

It's called divide and rule.  Politicians  have been doing this for many years.  It's just spin with smoke and mirrors.  Unfortunately it does fool many voters. 

• Posted

Sadly some voters have not got the rationale hypercat and form their prejudiced uneducated opinions from certain parts of the media and from certain politicians.
    • Posted

Totally agree Mike

In my opinion, the public have been "sold" the suggestion that only a few thousand claims are genuine but not only that we are seen as "guilty" until we prove our innocence and are awarded what we are entitled to. We are interrigated (sorry, "assessed" not on our disability but on our capabilities. Decisions are made by people who have no knowledge of the claimant and are not health professions who judge us on the word of the assessor. We have  to go through the stress in fighting our corner for which we have no right to claim compensation.

To paraphrase Ghandi, "all that is needed for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing" Fortunately there are good people who are not intimidated and are prepared to seek reconsideration of their claim, go to tribunal, and to support each other in discussion boards such as this. Together we are united and together we can and will win what is rightfully ours.

Steve 

• Posted

Sukes

I`m sitting here laughing my head off

I couldn`t stand coz its not in the DWP PIP citeria! Altho if I did, it would have to be as a candidate for the Monster Raving Loony Party but don`t.think I`d be very popular somehow.

Thanks for that. You`ve brightened my day and helped relieve some of the doom and gloom of very serious issues.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.