Do genital warts grow hair?

Posted , 12 users are following.

so basically i got these bumps about 5 days ago , i had 2 first one on each side and then one of them i think got irritated after i shaved again. but now that hair is starting to grow back i notice the hair growing on top of it . do genital warts do that?? or is this just from shaving!image

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

do you have more photos you could upload in the comments? are you sexually active? is there any itching or pain? this could just be irritation from shaving, ingrown hairs or pimples. but they could also be herpes blisters since theyre clustered and look fluid filled...i would make a trip to your local clinic and have them swabbed just to be sure. keep an eye on them and in the mean time i wouldnt shave again.

• Posted

just regular type of itching , nothing out of the ordinary . theres no pain really . could herpes take several months to show ? i havent had a new sexual parter for about 7-9 months now . the guy im with didnt f**k anybody else thats for sure .

• Posted

you could have the virus for years with no outbreak. Looking at the first photo it looks like hair is growing around it. to me it looks more like a pimple or ingrown hairs than herpes, especially if youre not experiencing any pain. herpes sores can be very painful. sometimes i get pimples after shaving, but just to make sure i would have the clinic swab them since the bumps do look fluid filled and clustered.

• Posted

heres a picture from today , i dont know if its getting better or worse . im really hoping its not anything . are there any other symptoms that i shohld look for

• Posted

just a bit of an update, went to a clinic the doctor said hes 99% its an folliculitos but i asksd him to swab it anyway! can never be too sure

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.