Do I have surgery or not?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello everyone, I have my gallbladder removal tomorrow but I am getting increasingly anxious about whether to go ahead or not. I am reading so many things on the Internet about how sometimes it is not necessary to remove the gallbladder. I don't have excruciating pain like other people do but I do have bloatedness and nausea and a niggle on my right side. I do have three gallstones the largest is 2.5 cm. Should I adjust my diet instead?

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My God PPY.... make it happen... its Safe.

dont forget to pray...

you will be happy and glad  that you take the operation..

ok after you wake up from the operation. REMEMBER.

1. Thank God.

2. You will have a stomach craps like youve never feel before

but dont worry its just the air inside your tummy that the surgeon pumps for the operation for clearer vision and space.

after you fart and make a poo,

*fart = 6th to 24hrs after your operation. "expect"

*poo = 24hrs after the operation. "expect"

it will go away.. "seriously"..

the stomack ache craps is very  very normal.

and it hurts like you want to cry.

expect that it will make stomach pain when you are speaking

and not having a good position on the bed,,

well 24 to 48 hrs after your operation,

you will be fine, but not fine as normal

because you have a fresh keyhole wounds,

just walk slowly, and dont remove the dressing

for i think 2 to  5 days,(i change my dressings after 3 days)

NOTE: after 6 to 12 hours of your operation,

dont be afraid, your keyhole is just a half to 1 inch

you can see some "small"  stain blood on your dressing "its normal"..

go and try to walk slowly for 5 to 10 sec. and rest..

until you feel you are goin to "fart"..  omg what would be

the formal word for that..

after the ache is gone..

you can eat all of the food the you want..

all as in all fatty foods..

but dont eat too much

God doesn't like that.

Goodluck and Godbless!

claim it! its a successful operation!

• Posted

In the end it is up to you. I had mine out on Monday and I'm healing quickly. A little sore but thats it. I was able to get it down to one attack a month with diet but even that was not ideal. I had many small stones and did have one get stuck in the bile duct causing acute pancreatitis but it passed before they removed my gallbladder and ended up waiting two more months for surgery. From what I have heard once they start forming you are likely to continue forming more increasing your chances of dangerous consequences so I would have it done personally. If you are lucky like me you will go to sleep and wake up in recovery with minimal discomfort
  • Posted

make it done..

before its too late...

if that stones block your bileduck you will be in BIG trouble.

you will going to have an open surgery..

if your stones are 3mm below

i think you can take meds for that,

but yours is 2.5cm its too big.

"mine is multiple stones and has a max of 7mm" ..

i take flushing, drink apple cider vinegar ,

drink apple juice "everyday" 1liter..

for 1 year... no effect..

Foods:

no fatty foods

all none fat foods,

i used olive oils.

no proccess foods.

"no effect".

• Posted

Hi PPY I would air on the side of caution on this. I was the same as you had 1 large stone and some pain which was diagnosed by ultra sound. Had no sludge no thickening of walls. My healthy gallbladder was removed in December as surgeon said the stone could get stuck. I am now living through a nightmare ever since. Vomited for 13 weeks. Have diarrhea and persistent nausea and can't eat much. I wish someone had of told me not to get it done as I now feel my life is ruined. There are long term side effects to this surgery. I had researched it and spoke to people prior to the operation and all these people who told me I would be great have since told me they can't eat certain foods can't drink some have constipation some have diarrhea when they eat fatty foods. These people told me prior to the operation that they were grand afterwards. Of course at the time I never asked them had they any digestive issues since. Out of 9 people who I spoke to only 2 don't have any issues which they neglected to tell me about prior to the operation. The more people I speak to that have had it done the more I've realised that most people have long term digestive issues. Please please try alternative medicine or a naturopath. If your gut instinct is telling you not to have it done then don't. My gut was telling me not to do it but I didn't listen. Good luck with your decision. X
    • Posted

If you have only one big stone and measures i think

measures 2.5cm above,....

you can live with that until you die

let me say until you grow old...

i think your doctor Just want the paycheck.

remember that after the operation

and recovery time,

you can eat all you want

but not too much...

not too much..

don't abuse it.

cmon lets accept it

our body is not complete anymore.

Just have a discipline on your lifestyle

and you will be fine..

• Posted

Hi Irving pichay unfortunately I had the operation over 4 months ago. It was a disaster. My gallbladder was perfect just one big stone and some pain. I believed my surgeon when he told me it could get stuck and went ahead with the operation even though my gut was telling me not to. I have been really sick ever since With vomiting, diarrhea, dry wretching and persistent nausea. I think people should be honest and tell people how they have been affected. I did speak to people prior to the operation and they all said no problems get it out! And now that I'm having problems 7 out of the 9 people have told me they have issues!!! This operation is the greatest con job of them all. Too many people develop ibs after this op and don't realise it's from the gallbladder removal. Those who don't produce enough bile suffer with constipation but are lucky in that they can eat most foods. These people usually had diseased/ non functioning gallbladders. Those who produce too much bile ( which I have since found out is one of the causes of stones developing) are prone to diarrhea when they eat fatty food or have an increased chance of developing bile salts diarrhea which is a chronic condition. I don't believe 90% of people return to normal after this operation. What actually happens is that people develop a new normal. I think doctors should be upfront and honest with people and tell them of the long term consequences of this operation. What side effects have you had? X
    • Posted

i have this small pain on my on my shoulderblade,

but if take some small exercises and it fades away.

when i ate "too much" as in too much, i got some stomach ache and acid reflux which is normal. it fades after 15 mins to 20.

if you know that you have a problem for producing

bile acids, then you have to change your diet foods,

any alternative foods or liquids to produce or help the liver for producing biles,

if you're having problem for producing too much bile,

then take some alternative foods or liquids that some what detect by the liver and react not to produce too much bile..

i had my LAPCO last april 6 2015.

almost one month, and im still fine,

im eating vegetables fruits,

when i ate too much fatty foods then,

i'll drink lemon juice or ill take some 2tbsp ACV on one glass of water..

dont regret that you did your decission for taking your GB out, if you're on the situation for having multiple

gallstones and you know what are the risk of having that..

what would be your decission?

I think after 6months or 1 year ill do some intense exercises,, because im worrying bout my keyholes,

the inside part of it are not that healed perfectly...

• Posted

I am 3 years later after the op chronic diarrhea and weight gain it is ruining my life! nobody told me that 10% of the population suffers like this I now take Colsevelam and Loperamide and all I get told is you have to live with it!!! what life?
    • Posted

I know sandynan it's absolutely terrible that people are being left like this and not told prior to the surgery that this could happen. I think the 10% is a lot higher. I'm so mad at all the people that told me I'd be great like them only to find out now that they too have digestive issues but neglected to tell me prior to my operation. Have you tried psyllium husk at all? I'm taking 1 and a half teaspoons twice a day and also caltrate 1 tablet 3 times a day to stop the diarrhea. The bile salts meds made me worse. Docs are too quick to take this important organ out and fool people by telling them they won't know themselves after the op and will be able to eat anything they want! What a load of bull!! My life is ruined too because of this operation. Xx
    • Posted

Ace people should ask more questions before the op I didn't have a choice as my GB was deseased and only just caught before it burst! but I didnt question anything only afterwards and it took them two years to diagnose Bile Salt Malabsorption and now they think there is a stone lurking as I am getting that same pain again I am going in next Wednesday for the endoscope xx
    • Posted

Oh no sandynan. That's terrible. Did you have stones as well? I did ask my surgeon lots of questions but he told me that side effects were very uncommon. But it's amazing how many people have had the op and have some sort of digestive problem whether it's there bowel or there stomach. I don't believe the statistics they put out there. Please God you don't have a stone lurking about. Did you get the diarrhea straight away after the surgery? Do you have to watch everything you eat now? X
    • Posted

Ace I had loads of stones, before my GB removal I had to go in for a ERCP to remove 7 from my bile duct, then a week later I had my GB removed, I started with D 3 months after the op my GP told me that after GB removal Bile drips all the time into the small intestine and it acts like a laxative. I watch what I eat I can't eat eggs or cheese anymore today is a very bad for me, up to now I have had 8 Loperamide(Imodium) I feel so washed out and now they think another stone? Sheeeeesh!!    
    • Posted

Oh god that's terrible sandynan. Are you on the bsm Facebook group? Very strange the diarrhea started 3 months after the op. I had it from the beginning all the time and then just in the mornings and constipated at night. I've been taking caltrate and recently started psyllium and it's helping Greatly. Did you have nausea after the op? Mine started at 6 weeks. It's so debilitating. It wakes me up at 5 or 6 and I feel terrible until about lunchtime when it starts to go. I can't eat much at all. My gp has another patient who had the same as me and the nausea went away gradually after about 6 months. I have since spoken to so many people that were sick for a long time after the operation but they did recover so hopefully I will although I think my bowel won't. I could nearly cope with just having to deal with that but the nausea is horrendous. My surgeon said he never saw it before for so long but my gp has seen it a few times and doesn't believe my surgeon hasn't seen it before. I hope you get sorted soon. What will they do if it is a stone? Why can't they just remove the stones from the gallbladder and leave the gallbladder alone? It's crazy. X
    • Posted

Ace I was in the group but it wasn't for me. No haven't had the nausea thank God I have a vomiting phobia so just couldn't cope with that! I have no ides what they will do if it is a stone just crossing my fingers and toes that it isn't lol
  • Posted

Maybe you're in the early stages of gallbladder problems.  I had mine removed on the 8th April last, but had some symptoms as far back as 2011, although not the awful pain that I have suffered with for the last six months or so.  As a point of interest, I was reading about a woman who was able to put off having her gallbladder removed for a good few years by drinking " .. a gallon of apple juice a day, followed by a spoonful of olive oil .."    Apparently the apple juice (cloudy, not from concentrate) contains mallic acid which softens the gallstones, then she would take the olive oil which encouraged her gallbladder to squeeze out these softened stones which she later passed.   She managed to live perfectly well for a long time over ten years before having her GB removed.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.