do i or do i not have herpes? confused

Posted , 9 users are following.

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey Jenn - are you from Australia and this is from Medlab pathology?! important - DO NOT take a herpes blood test from them!!!!! They do not know how to report and give confusing results - doesnt matter who goes they will always either show positive or equivocal on HSV even if the person is a true negative! Go to any other pathologist - all others the reporting is clear!

• Posted

No, US ; New jersey

i am going to call my DR. later on today so she can explain this to me.

• Posted

got an opinion from a dr online..

• Posted

• Posted

swabs was negative and blood test value was only 8.00 for both therefore the blood test is most likely either wrong or like the other doctor said she has come into contact with the virus at some point it does not mean she will have a full blown breakout

• Posted

it doesnt say she has a value of 8.00 it says greater than 8 so thats why they were flagged. also, you can come into contact with virus all you want but unless and only unless the virus enters your body will you start to produce antibodies. and ofc once the virus once the virus enters your body, it stays there. and to assume a false positive on a low value is one thing but if both values are flagged high, it's because she definitely has them. theres no way the test can detect a high number of antibodies and be wrong.

• Posted

I agree. The lab value to be negative is less than 0.89 her number is greater than 8.0 that is definitely a positive.

• Posted

• Posted

ye thats same as i said blood test is probably false as swabs are negative

• Posted

Hun you have herpes both types. 8 is a high value. A negative would have been less than .89 A value from 1-3.5 is considered a low value. Yours were above 8 meaning that they didn't even report your actual number. Your swab was negative likely because the ulcer had begun to heal. I'm sorry hun. That online doctor has no clue what they're talking about. Once you have hsv you have it for life. It doesn't go away or mean past infection. Since you are in the US look up Terri Warren she is a NP who specializes in this. I'm also a medical provider and I can even tell you that medical professionals are not well informed! I've been having issues with my own diagnosis because I was told no and my biopsy was negative by my blood was a 5 so I'm positive.

• Posted

visit your own doctors jenn and discuss your results get a qualified opinion on it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.