Do these tablets work?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

I've been on these tablets for 3 weeks and I don't appear to be losing any weight according to my scales, I've been really good sticking to the 5g of fat per 100g and was even very good over Christmas!

Starting to feel a bit down and if it worth being on them worried about the side effects ect. I'm exercising as much as I can I have two very young children so I'm not able to go to the gym ect but walk and swim.

Any tips or advise greatly needed.

Thanks

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi there just wanted to be supportive see if you've had your 4 weekly weigh in? how did you get on?

Im a busy working mum of 2 young ones too, i only wish i had time for the gym!

Are you following low calorie diet along side the tablets? i notice alot of people are from other discussions.

ive been on the tablets since november and so far lost 14lb i did stop taking over xmas and new year as i was ill and working most of it and being a little bit naughty with treats im back on it now and determined i have aug as a goal as me and my friend are going abroad!

anyway would be good to hear how you are getting on

• Posted

Hi there,

I weighed in with the doc and I lost 3kg about 7lbs but she wants me to give it another month to see how I go.

Yes i follow weight watchers and keep my carb intake to a min.

I'm trying to be more positive so fingers crossed for the end of feb weigh in.

That's fantastic about your weight loss, fingers crossed I'll do as well as you.

How are you finding the diet/ tablets?

X

• Posted

7lbs thats good my doctor told me he wants a min of 4lb per month for me to stay on them so im guessing 1lb per week doesnt seem to bad to lose although id def like to do more than that.

On my first month i wasnt confident at all as i didnt feel any different, my friend who has been taking them since last june told me to weigh at boots and i was shocked, so i go to boots every week now just to make sure at least that 1lb is comming off

im finding the tabs ok if i have anything planned with family or friends i tend not to eat all day and i dont feel so guilty about a meal haha. but other than that i had headaches but i found when i drank more water they tend go to away. i've just been reading that you should take vitamin tabs on orlistat did you know or were you told this? maybe this could be why ive been feeling pretty tired i kept blaming it on xmas. how are you finding everything?

x

• Posted

I was told nothing about the tablet I've learnt everything from this site, I do take multi vits and it best to take them just before you go to bed so they can fully absorbe.

I had awful side effects after having a bad tummy bug on my 4th was awful was hardly eating any fat not sure what that was all about. I've had bad headaches to so just try to drink as much water as possible really.

If it's not to much of a rude question how much are you hoping to lose? I need to lose about 3 stone at least maybe 3 and half.

X

• Posted

** lol missed week, bad side effects after my 4th week**
  • Posted

i had the tummy bug that had been going around just before xmas was horrible took about 2 weeks before i started eating properly again.

ive been and bought multi vits now hoping they stop me from feeling so tired.

5st 5lb i started with wanting to lose aim aiming for the weight i was happy with at slimming world last time i didthat which was about 4 years ago now so mad i put soooo much back on but hey just got to think im doing something now.

i had weigh in at doctors today lost another 9 1/2 pounds was really pleased so now got 4st to go!!

x

• Posted

Well done that's fab new and fantastic loss, you've imspired me to keep up with these tablets so going to put in for my second lot today at the chemist.

I've not got a weigh in for another 3 weeks so fingers crossed and I'm going to try and not weigh myself before then lol

X

• Posted

i wasnt weighing myself at boots till my friend said i wouldnt have scales at home id be on them all the time! but i think the once a week is keeping me on track so i know if im doling well of not.

def stick with them i didnt and still dont think i look any different but other people are starting to notice now which is nice spurs you on have you done before photos and measurments? xxxx

• Posted

I may give the scales in boots ago and see how I'm getting on.

Yeah I've got post baby photos managed to lose nearly two stone before starting the tablets but my weight loss stopped even with the healthy diet and light exercise so that's why she put me on the tablets but I took my measurements before starting the tablets.

I'm the same I don't see any difference in my appearance but my partner, sister and mum tell me I'm looking different lol

Are you finding the food your eating is the same most days? Xxxx

• Posted

yes which is getting really annoying marks and spencers had meal ideas all under 400 cal which id one on each night for a week but a few the rest of the family werent keen on so found i was eating same thing following day too.

but yes in general i find alot is the same, just because i remember fat content and cals in them lol, although now i am eating breakfast which i used to skip so dont seem to be eating loads from lunch onwards, breakfast i must admit was a struggle, but im either scrambled or poached egg on toast with no butter with either bit of brown sauce or baked beans/spaghetti.

• Posted

Yeah I eat a lot of chicken/ fish and veg lol I get the odd weight watchers meal for a change.

Do you have any side effects with eggs I've seen on here a lot of people have probs with them.

Yeah I eat breakfast now lunch is a tough one for me normally pick at couple of bits or have a slimfast shake.

Xx

• Posted

no ive not had any probs with eggs my son is milk intolerant so if i make scramled is literally just egg and i spray a bit of fry light in the pan but ive never had any problems, i use my fitness pal on my phone to track my calories too.

yeah lunch sometimes just have toast and jam no butter! or ryvitas with cottage cheese then try and do a healthy meal everyone can eat, if not they have what they want and ill just do ready meal tbh i think there easier but obviously really exspensive doing that, iceland good for the weight watchers meals though. i never thought bout slim fast shake for dinner that maight be a good idea!! thanks :-)

• Posted

Going to give eggs ago then as I've missed them lol I dry fry mine any way so that's not bad.

I use my fitness pal too it's a fab way to keep on track.

Yeah ready meal a fab for a change or I'm cooking something naughty for my other half and little one.

I get the asda own healthy ones they are about £2 each but more in them and they taste better than the weight watchers ones, only 400 cals and low fat.

Yeah the shakes are fab for lunch I have one and some fruit.

Saw my mum today as she's been away and she said I looked slimmer so fingers crossed they are working.

X

• Posted

Ps found a fab naughty treat when you want something sweet hating pink and white marshmallows, 0% fat xx
  • Posted

ive started the tablets a week ago and dont feel any different even though im cutting down on every thing any tips and when will i see results please x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.