Do these tablets work?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

I've been on these tablets for 3 weeks and I don't appear to be losing any weight according to my scales, I've been really good sticking to the 5g of fat per 100g and was even very good over Christmas!

Starting to feel a bit down and if it worth being on them worried about the side effects ect. I'm exercising as much as I can I have two very young children so I'm not able to go to the gym ect but walk and swim.

Any tips or advise greatly needed.

Thanks

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi Joanne stick with it i did a whole month and i was totally convinced i had got no where my friend who started 6 months previous to me forced me to weigh myself in boots and i was pleasently suprised to see id lost 9 1/2 lbs, it def spurred me on.

ive now lost 1st 5lb and people are now seeing the difference im on my 3rd month now and sticking to it is just becomming second nature now, in the beginning its hard having to find fat content in everything but you soon get used to it.

this site is amazing for support and tips ect and so many amazing results. another good thing if you have a smart phone is my fitness pal to keep eye on calories as well as fat ect its great and very useful i can soon see on there where and if im going wrong .

• Posted

Hi.

I used orlistat 4 years ago and managed to lose 5 stone. From 15 and a half stone down to 10 and a half stone. Waist from 38" down to 30". Combined with twice weekly gym visits and low fat diet and more sensible food portions. Had 1 bad episode which i never made the mistake to happen again. Also had very high blood pressure.

Slowly but surely over the last couple of years the weight has crept on and blood pressure increased. Started nack on orlistat last saturday weighing 13st 2lbs. Weighed this morning and now 12st 9lbs. Very pleased. Its hard but I know the long term benefits for me psychologically and physically are what keeps me going.

• Posted

did you manage to get back into it straight away ? and well done also x i havent weighed myself yet am a little scared lol
  • Posted

We'll done on losing the 5 stone to start with, did it take you long to lose the 5 stone?

Well done on on getting back on it and losing already, how are you finding getting back into it?

• Posted

Thanks. I guess it took just over a year to lose the 5 stone. I think the gym helped too. However as im so busy at work (a nurse) im intrigued for the results with no gym input. I have however made more effort to be more active on a day to day basis.

I do find fairly easy as quite strict. I will have one nice meal per month as a treat. Life after all is short.

my main motivation that keeps me going is feeling clothes fitting more confortably and also on a personal point seeing my blood pressure reduce.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.