Do thyroid levels influence LS?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Lately my bloodtests showed that the thyroid level is a bit hyper.  The migraine I used to have many years ago with a hyper thyroid is back again.  And my LS has acted up and renewed some white parts.  

Other people have wondered about the same - does the level of our thyroid have any influence on LS?

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Most definitely, I would say it's a major factor , The thyroid affects the auto immune system and throughout my personal research into LS I find that the majority of sufferers have some issue with their thyroid. In my case I have nodules on my thyroid, my levels are normal and my symptoms do not seem as extreme as a lot of the sufferers who are on this discussion group although I do have flare ups if I am not carefull. Please read through the discussions on this site and I'm sure you will find , as I have , lots of incredible information and helpful suggestions to keep this disease under control
    • Posted

Interesting response to the question Judy. 

Could you tell a bit more about your experience with your thyroid balance and how it affected the LS?  

You say the levels are normal, how then do the nodules affect the LS? Or do you know how LS is affected when the balance is off? 

I have had LS nicely under control, till the thyroid balance started to waver. 

• Posted

Sorry to hear this ,Hanny.  Hope things settle down soon for you.  You personally have been such an inspiration to us all over the past few years on this forum.  Many of the most helpful suggestions in coping well with L S have been yours!  Like baking soda, diet, stress levels, etc. So all he best on this latest development.
    • Posted

Thank you Helen for your kind words.  

Meanwhile I'm feeling a bit better already.  I've adjusted my thyroid meds and now hope that things work out.  Both adrenals and thyroid have to be in balance with each other.  An interesting side affect is also that the stress level is off somehow.  It could be that that part is some kind of trigger to the LS.  Only guessing this far.  But am optimistic.

• Posted

Have to add that I've used some tea tree oil to the area.  Not necessarily pleasant at first but had a good result.
    • Posted

Hi I have LS and have always used tea tree oil sparingly

down thereThink I have had LS for years but only diagnosed

after the menapause.Itching stopped and soreness and

shrinking of lady parts. I have used clob and

Emuaid and estriol cream. Changed diet paleo ect. Had my thyroid

Checked but normal. Mum had the disease but kept it a secret.

• Posted

Your story also says that it is hereditary.  Do you have a daughter?

• Posted

Hi I have two sons but I do have a sister but she isn't menopausal

And she didn't suffer with thrush/LS. but she has a pain in her left

left side which I had prior to LS being confirmed. So I wonder if she will

have the same problem. We also have very thin hair which I wonder

if has any bearing on skin problems.

• Posted

I think it is important that you as well as your sister are aware of this problem.  The earliest it is detected the better off you are.  Check the bottom on a regular base.  You both know what to look for.  

What's in your diet is also important, you know that do you.  Sugar is a bad one for instance.

• Posted

I'm still not sure about the hair.  
    • Posted

Hi I have omitted sugar wheat and eggs . Unfortunately I have LS on my bottom. It has taken 6 months to get the dosease to be sort of quiet. But

It is tricky. And really new to me. My sis is aware of the problem but hasn't any physical sign of the disease. I use clob twice a week and am under the hospital gyno department and have asked to be also referred to dermatology department . Thanks for your concern its a very upsetting disease .

• Posted

It is tricky indeed.  You're on maintenance dose then with the clob.  Good thing. Make sure you use the minimum amount of Clob. Here's hoping that all will keep going well for you.
    • Posted

Thankyou nanny

I have been reading your contributions on this forum they are

All very help full. It is such a difficult illness to handel keep up

the invaluable help.

Kay

• Posted

Hi, I have had LS for well over ten years now, there has been lots of fusions in that time and I have regular check ups with the Dermatologist, I use Dermovate cream/ointment and Hydromol as a soap subtitute.  I apply the Dermovate twice weekly to keep the flare ups to a minimum . I have Hypothyroidism (Under active thyroid) and through research have found that LS is most common in women with this complaint.  
    • Posted

I do not collect many things in life but seem to collect auto immune diseases,  thyroid and LS are two of them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.