Do thyroid pills make you tired after taking?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I've noticed over the years that after I wake up and take thyroid (Levo and now Armour) I get sleepy 20 minutes after. I often fall back to sleep. I stop eating about 6-7:00 pm so basically fasting for 11-12 hours.  I wait 1 hour before eating breakfast or coffee, coffee is only 1-2 maybe 3 oz. After I take thyroid med. I'm hypo by the way.

i do have severe reactive hypoglycemia... Could these pills have something causing me low blood sugar reactions???

anyone experience this? 

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've realised my magnesium comment was very ambiguous, I only meant it in terms of establishing what an empty stomach was - really sorry for the confusion! However I seem to have inadvertently started a good discussion smile
  • Posted

Hey! Did u find any info that helped with this. I have the exact same problem.
    • Posted

The only thing that gives me  energy is meditation and deep full long breathing. And body and mind connection of the life I want. 
  • Posted

Yes. I have for years. Take your thyrpid medicine on an empty stomach at night. When you go to bed. Sugar doesn't do well with thyroid. Try natural Stevia and honey instead. In your coffee and everthing. Eat more healthy. Stay away from sweets and fats. Eat chef salads with healthy protiens. Vegetable and protein dishes. Steak, fish and fhicken. Shrimp. Soups. Especially Hot and sour with different types of seaweed. Tofu. Vegetable omelettes. Eat something small every two hours. Good portions. So your digestion works better. Stevia is great for the digestion and energy. So is eating a lot of hearty vegetables with protein. Apple juice homemade or fresh is really good. Hot cinnamon apples with cloves baked and cinnamon pecan cereal topped with yogurt. Small portions 6 times a day. When you feel metabolucally poisoned take two tablespoons of apple cidar vinegar with water or juice. You can drink that daily and it will help you a lot. When exercising drink gatorade you need the electrolites. Always take your medicine on an empty stomach at night when you go to bed. Try drinking sleepy time tea add a half of slice of a bananna that you boilded in the water complete with the banana skin for a better nights rest. The banana with it's skin has four essential ingredients you help you sleep better. My husband says I am doing much better not even snoring. And I get really hungry when I take the thyroid medicine. At first the hunger would wake me up but not anymore and I don't reach for something to eat instead it uses my body preserves when I sleep helping me to metabolize unnecessary fat. The hypoglycemic problems are better. Eating oatmeal and peaches in the morning is also really good with honey. Complex Carbohydrate takes longer to burn giving you better energy through out the day. For the salads if you make your own vinegrette is better which also helps burn unecessary calories. Workout every day for more energy. I received a perfect bill of health from my doc and in great shape for I practicing this everyday. And I feel tons better when I stick to it. Good luck! Stay in touch. You can find me on FB if you like. Take prescious care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.