Do you have retrograde ejaculation ? What does it feel like? How do you feel about it?

Posted , 12 users are following.

I recently had a HoLEP, I was told by my surgeon I would almost certainly get RE, which I am fine with but it would be very supportive if I could hear from other men who have RE and their experiences. This discussion is not about the procedures that caused the RE, it is about how you live with it. Thanks for any insight. If you want to PM me that is fine. Thanks. 

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It sucks, when you’ve been used to shooting your orgasm out your penis and nothing comes out it sucks.

My wife especially hates it .....

• Posted

I find it strange that woman would hate RE. My wife says she wouldn't like RE either. Ejaculating inside must be part of the sexual bonding experience for women or something 

• Posted

I agree . My wife seems to think sees "done her job" if i have a full orgasm with semen in her. We both need to adjust. But its ok. We will... i appreciate your comment

• Posted

I had the GreenLight laser surgery on July 19 and I am just commencing some sexual activity again. I am having the RE and it's weird.  It feels like half of an orgasm or even a third. I don't know if that will change over time but that's it for now.  I don't much care for it. I'm 64, married for 34 years with 3 grown children.  I would not say my testosterone level is at its peak. But the change does kind of suck.  However, I am peeing much better and more frequently and seem to be retaining a relatively normal amount - which was the objective of the surgery.  You take the good with the bad and move down the road....

• Posted

Tpinhou, 

It is good to hear the GreenLight surgery went well, and thank for sharing about your orgasm. I am not sure what to expect yet or how my RE will feel. Your insight has really helped me. Thank you, Philip. 

• Posted

Its like losing some taste. A food that you just loved still tastes really good, just not as good. I piece of the experience is missing, but its still good.
    • Posted

Thanks, that is such a good way of helping me understand. I appreciate your help. Philip. 
  • Posted

I have it and it's no big deal.  Orgasms feel about the same although perhaps just a little shorter in duration.  My wife is happy that she doesn't drip after sex.  I do tend of ooze a little afterwards until I pee.

• Posted

Hey Philip,

I'm 66 and had a TURP exactly one year ago today.  With this surgery, RE is virtually ensured and is an adjustment for sure.  We are so used to ejaculating that it has, for all of our lives, been pretty much the goal of intercourse.  So to not experience it can be frustrating and disappointing.  I do miss that particular sensation but I also have noticed that many times (50% or so) my RE lasts way longer than my regular pre-surgery orgasm.  I may have that orgasmic feeling for a minute or more.  The feeling is not as powerful as a regular orgasm but it's good and the duration of it has been a pleasant surprise.  Just allow yourself to feel the RE and ride it.  It's not necessarily a horrible condition.  But it is different.

Best of luck

Doug

• Posted

Hi Doug,

Thanks, I look forward to trying, when I can, I hope I have such positive results as you. 

Thanks for the post,

Philip.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.