Do you set yourself goals?

Posted , 6 users are following.

A social worker who worked with me asked me what I'd do if I got better, and I said 'Go running!'

Sometimes the gloomy feelings when I wonder if I'll always have this are unbearable, but when I think of things I want to do, and set them as goals it makes me more hopeful.

I'd like to play my guitars more and go out walking a bit every day.

What are yours, and if you don't set goals, why?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

keep home and garden in order and compete again....
    • Posted

Ah me too! I love my garden but the neighbours tut and frown and the next door one calls it the wilderness!!!! lol
  • Posted

Ride my motorcycle.

Its no fun having to stop and sleep by the side of the road because you have done too much and can't make it back home in one go... sad but true. and I'm only talking about short trips of 30 miles... so at present I'm banned by my wife from putting myself on the motorcycle! I'm not well enough to try to cycle and walking more than 200 yards is still an issue. but setting Goals to get there this summer!

• Posted

Man you're doing well! It's taken me around 3 years to get my motorbike back to being rideable, because I had to take it off the road for years but I don't have a garage so it's suffered in the weather.

But it is back on the road, I just have a slight wobble to check that it never used to have. Should've known you're a biker!

I was born in the year of the Dragon, I've been riding motorbikes since I was a teenager and I have a 4 foot wooden dragon in my living room, and lots of little ones, and one I painted.

Useless facts about me.

• Posted

I wish I only had the M.E. to contend with. I broke my shoulder on 28th Dec. through no fault of my own, since then I have been in a lot of pain my M.E.has gone from moderate to severe, I can't do anything I enjoy anymore and this could go on for months and also am going to be fighting legal battles for compensation qhich I am not up to, I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!frownsad
    • Posted

Ouch Alison, that sucks! I really wish I could offer some advice to help but I can't. I can offer you my deepest empathy and sympthy though!

Last year I lost my balance, you know, dizzy head, and I landed on my Cocyx and broke a bone in it. I could barely sit up for months but it healed. I used Comfrey ointment on it; always good for breaks, muscles, it heals at a celular level.

Oh darn I did manage to offer advice! razz

• Posted

Thanks. Where do I get it from? a chemist or Holland and Barrett.
    • Posted

Holland and Barrett probably or any other health food shop. I don't know because I grow my own and make ointment.
    • Posted

Thanks, I got some yesterday and it is really helping. I really hope this is my road to recovering from this bad painful shoulder. Thanks again.

Alisonbiggrin

• Posted

I give it to family and friends when they are in muscular or bone pain and they always give me good feedback.
  • Posted

I was walking along in the sunshine today remembering the times I used to be out walking dogs, or riding horses. Oh to be that energetic again! 
    • Posted

I'm in a tiny village and there's a beautiful young horse in a field down the road, it's so long since I've been to see him. He's diabetic so he's not allowed to frolick around like the other horses. 

Setting a goal to go and see him as soon as I can. We really get on without words. Might sound crazy to some but I can hear what he's saying.

• Posted

Doesn't sound crazy to me Georgia. Horses are beautiful. I love communicating with them blowing gently into their noses. 
    • Posted

They're so gentle and spiritual aren't they!

The first time I met him he was terrified and telling me something. For a few moments I looked into his eyes thinking what is it, you can tell me. He nodded towards his horse box, it freaked him out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.