Do your anxiety symptoms last for days/weeks?

Posted , 224 users are following.

My physical symptoms of anxiety seem to never go away 😟 does anyone else have the same thing and is this normal? I'm sick of it and because it's always here I think there definately is something wrong with me! It's horrible living like this.

Also, when you start to obsess with one symptom (me chest pain mainly breast) I feel like it's actually something serious and its like I'm seeing more symptoms of it being serious. It's hard to describe but if you obsess that much always lookin etc if it possibly for you to make up new physical symptoms in your head?? I'm making myself go mad. Want my pain to

Go away and it won't which makes me more anxious.

Thanks for reading, Nicola xx

25 likes, 296 replies

296 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

my chest pain seems to be on the left side uner my boob and also into my armpit.

I had blood tests ECG and chest X- Ray too - everything was normal! I promised myself once I had that done that I would just accept that it's health anxiety too but I haven't! It's a lot harder than I thought it was going to be.

Mine too came out of the blue. It's a very strange and scary thing to have! x

• Posted

Same here mine started one day i was just relaxing watching. A movie n i got this flutter feeling in my chest it did it twice thn was over a few weeks past then my chest slowly got this tightness got worse each day to where its hard to relax n watch a movie without having to breathe heavy for the pressure in my chest i have had this alot before in the past but i still slept but now ill lay wake for hours no matter how sleepy i am its even hard to eati thought mayb its asthma thn im like may e its dehydration. Last night i wasked for 20 mins and when i stopped i had to gasp for air it took me forever to calm down i get bad headaches like pressure headaches n i think its lack of sleep n after breathing heavy my chest starts to hurt n i freak out even more...i feel like a freak all this makin me depressed n cry alot cus i just wanna be normal again my parents just think im crazy
    • Posted

The out of the blue anxiety is scary... Same. With me, I'm happily watching tv with no warning my body starts going in to overload. You described it. My heart will feel likes it is struggling sometimes. Skipping and like a feeling of it stopping. Tremors, heavy chest, can't breath normal. BP shoots up sometimes when this happens but sometimes it doesn't. I just feel weak, all over bad at times and I'm about to die.

-I am a diabetic and have BP issues but this has been the norm since 19, hereditary kinda thing, i am 38 now. This anxiety/ panic attacks started over a year or so ago and is fluctuating between worse to better to worse. I've had my heart checked 5 ways to Sunday. Take home monitors, ekgs, ultrasounds of heart, stress test, CT scans on head twice and once on lower abdomen. Nothing😒. Normal😶. Everything is fine but still I get this anxiety in different forms daily. Or full on ugly 😨panic attacks which are so scary, crazy thoughts in your head, racing heart skipping around, choking heavy feeling seizes your lungs, ringing in my ears, shaking bodily, sweaty and hot, blood pressure roaring, intense crying sometimes, the more you try to stop the more extreme it feels and I'm sure I'm dying each time...until it releases me. As i calm afterwards 8 out of 10 times an adrenaline drop, a pain comes over my chest area andcbody as the drop sets in. I think I fear that the most because it hurts soooooo😧 much as the adrenaline or whatever comes down engolfs my body... Tired of talking abt it but can't seem to stop since I still can't understand why.

Everyone's common denominator here we just want our life back but of course some are on this journey of sorts. As they say 1 day at a time... God bless

• Posted

I know how you feel. I first started having panic attacks in 2008. Just one day it started. I felt like I couldn't breath suffocating, rapid heart beat, feeling of dread. I didn't know what it was. Went to my Dr and he thought asthma so gave me an inhaler. It didn't work. So then I switched to a different inhaler and it didn't work either. Then I looked up my symptoms online and panic attacks came up and described exactly what I was feeling. When I saw that it was a relief because being a smoker for years, my initial thoughts were the smoking caused this. I was worried I really messed up and the smoking was killing me. I quit smoking cold turkey for 3 years. Unfortunately at the time of my divorce I started smoking again. I was on many different medications and counseling and it finally went away as quickly as it started. Within the last few years it has come back again. Now I have new symptoms. Sometimes nausea along with the other symptoms, sometimes bowel problems. And now I have this strange stretching issue. Where I feel like I constantly need to stretch my arms or legs and neck. I'm on a new medication now and it seems to be helping, but I still have a few attacks a month. I just want it to be over and not have to deal with this. I have intermittent fmla for work to protect my job, but of course this doesn't help pay the bills. Like you said sometimes it happens when you are watching TV and don't feel worried or anxious and then it just hits like a ton of bricks. Sometimes I will be sleeping and it starts and wakes me up out of a dead sleep. I have always been a sleep talker and sleep walker so I don't know if that's a common similarity. I had a really good day yesterday and then in the middle of the night I woke to another attack. It doesn't make any sense. How can I have a good day not worried about anything at least not that I'm consciously aware of and then have an attack in my sleep. Sometimes I can look back and say Oh i had a stressful day a few days back so maybe thst was the Trigger, but sometimes there seems to be no reason for it to happen. It's not occurring as often with the new dose of Medicine seems to be 1 bad day for every 2 or 3 weeks now, but I would really just like to be normal again. I get tired of feeling judged by coworkers like I'm just a hypochondriac or making it up. I just want normalcy again.

• Posted

You described my life every day im so physically tired man i cant tell you when i was last normal
    • Posted

I know this post is old, but I literally have the exact same symptoms as you and they started out just like yours. I got my thyroid checked and am waiting on results. If that comes back fine I think we might start monitoring my heart. I am worried about heart disease, because it has a lot of the same symptoms as anxiety. I just want to feel healthy and normal again. Have your symptoms gone away?
    • Posted

Thank you so much for you post, I thought I was going in crazy.  I have been through the same thing and everything is normal.  Just know I will praying for things to get better for you. Thank you 
    • Posted

hi my name is Jennifer I'm 38 I have severe anxiety too I worry all the time since I was young I hate it too I'll be up nights at a time can't sleep right now I really want to move back to my apartment which my Mom says I might be able to next year I had heart failure last Nov but getting better I'm in a group home now but my house mate constantly makes me worry about her hitting my staff and getting them in trouble for her lying and I always want to get up and go to my group therapy program and start my day I don't want to sleep I don't know why

also I get aches, and pains with anxiety too my back, pinch nerves, and hip will hurt, I always shake my legs when sitting I worry about what people think of me, I try too hard or just don't get involved I'm also currently experiencing shakiness and tremors like there's always an earthquake I hate it and I'm always hot but some days are good and some days aren't it depends I guess sometimes it happens for no reason I read but you may e-mail me anytime I'm going through the same thing since 1995 anyway ttyl I'm still up and it's 3:17am ugh I want to get up already lol anyway ttyl  

• Posted

I'm 25 Hun and have two young children (almost 2 year old and 15 weeks) that's where my pain started on left side exactly where yours is and now I have breast pain mainly in the right one. It's scary and annoying. Hopefully once I've been to clinic I can start to get my life back. It's running everything xx
    • Posted

Hi Nicola go and chat with a midwife at your clinic,she will give you some answers to your anxiety.i was told years ago it takes a few months for your hormone levels to sort themselves,and no 2 pregnancys are the same so just maybe this anxiety is hormones that would account to breast discomfort go see midwife is my advice and go from there ,write it all down what's been wrong on health side.Midwives hear all sorts  Go do it hey Big hug x
  • Posted

Yep hi i have hi I have symtoms all day everyday mine is throat can't take much more it's quite knackering all day I just want to sleep xx
    • Posted

hi my name is Jennifer I'm 38 I have severe anxiety too I worry all the time since I was young I hate it too I'll be up nights at a time can't sleep right now I really want to move back to my apartment which my Mom says I might be able to next year I had heart failure last Nov but getting better I'm in a group home now but my house mate constantly makes me worry about her hitting my staff and getting them in trouble for her lying and I always want to get up and go to my group therapy program and start my day I don't want to sleep I don't know why

also I get aches, and pains with anxiety too my back, pinch nerves, and hip will hurt, I always shake my legs when sitting I worry about what people think of me, I try too hard or just don't get involved I'm also currently experiencing shakiness and tremors like there's always an earthquake I hate it and I'm always hot but some days are good and some days aren't it depends I guess sometimes it happens for no reason I read but you may e-mail me anytime I'm going through the same thing since 1995 anyway ttyl I'm still up and it's 3:17am ugh I want to get up already lol anyway ttyl  

• Posted

Hopefully that will put your mind at rest.. At least they will be able to rule out anything.. Hope everything goes well smile x
  • Posted

Hi Nicola:  I am new this as well.  I was finally dignosised with GA/Panic for the first time two months ago at the age 31.  I had never had any major health problems accept I visited my GP when I have an infection etc.  Usually healthy.  My body went out of whack and never new what was going on.  I honestly felt I was dying or going to die.  I started with a Panic with heart racing and than went further.  Each day different symptoms appeared and didn't know what was going on.  I visited the ER 13 x's and my GP 6 x's.  I did numerous tests and everything came normal.  What trigger the Anxiety, I don't know, I'm still trying to figure it out.  Did the symptoms ever stop, NO, still every day i have different symptoms and they are still present, some days are better to deal with and others are very intense.  I developed Health Anxiety and also Depression and the fear of being on my own, driving...etc.  I was a independent person who didn't dwell on things and was working etc.  Than on February 20 of this year, my life had changed.

I read a book called "At Last at Life", Dealing with Panic/Anxiety by Paul David.  I reccommend this to anyone for suffering from this mental illness.  It home to me and he talks about dealing with it and accepting as it was your best friend.  It worth the read.

When you accept your which is hard to do because I am still struggling to deal with.  What I have read that you eventually ease it off.  All based and how much we feed our subconsicous.  I know its hard not worry and fear, its like your battling with your enemy but the less you battle the easier it gets and eventually will disappear.  BUt i can understand that it is tough because i'm going through it and its so hard .  I always said they way mental illness is written on piece paper is so different when you actually are going through it. 

I never thought I would go through this, but I realized that you never know what tomorrow is going to bring.

Take Care of Yourself I wish you all the Best Nicola and I hope that one day you and everyone who is suffering from some sort of Anxiety will feel at peace.

Keep positive and remember THIS TO SHALL PASS"

• Posted

I also go to a group therapy at College Hospital 4 days a week 10 to 3 so that helps 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.