Do your anxiety symptoms last for days/weeks?

Posted , 224 users are following.

My physical symptoms of anxiety seem to never go away 😟 does anyone else have the same thing and is this normal? I'm sick of it and because it's always here I think there definately is something wrong with me! It's horrible living like this.

Also, when you start to obsess with one symptom (me chest pain mainly breast) I feel like it's actually something serious and its like I'm seeing more symptoms of it being serious. It's hard to describe but if you obsess that much always lookin etc if it possibly for you to make up new physical symptoms in your head?? I'm making myself go mad. Want my pain to

Go away and it won't which makes me more anxious.

Thanks for reading, Nicola xx

25 likes, 296 replies

296 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

BTW--Sorry for the grammar and error had glich with my computer and it automatically sent without proof reading.
  • Posted

I just read this and I've been having a hard time with these after-panic symptoms too! Like, days after the attack, I'd get bad headaches, I couldn't breathe normally too, and I feel like there's something generally wrong with my body. It's depressing and I'm getting really upset about it. I'm 22 and I want my life back too.
    • Posted

hi my name is Jennifer I'm 38 I have severe anxiety too I worry all the time since I was young I hate it too I'll be up nights at a time can't sleep right now I really want to move back to my apartment which my Mom says I might be able to next year I had heart failure last Nov but getting better I'm in a group home now but my house mate constantly makes me worry about her hitting my staff and getting them in trouble for her lying and I always want to get up and go to my group therapy program and start my day I don't want to sleep I don't know why

also I get aches, and pains with anxiety too my back, pinch nerves, and hip will hurt, I always shake my legs when sitting I worry about what people think of me, I try too hard or just don't get involved I'm also currently experiencing shakiness and tremors like there's always an earthquake I hate it and I'm always hot but some days are good and some days aren't it depends I guess sometimes it happens for no reason I read but you may e-mail me anytime I'm going through the same thing since 1995 anyway ttyl I'm still up and it's 3:17am ugh I want to get up already lol anyway ttyl  

I also go to a group therapy at College Hospital 4 days a week 10 to 3 so that helps 

• Posted

Hi Nicola, I am in the same situation with you in this last 4days. I was absolutely fine till 4days ago. I had a headache and neckache it started my anxiety and panic attacks back again. I am like a ghost, cant eat cant sleep properly, gagging, shaking, trembling, feeliing down, anxious, depressed, crying non-stop. It's horrible. But believe me, all of this stupid symptoms are fake we are totally healty. I am fighting with this terrible illness nearly for 9years and it always come in unexpected times. Symptoms vary every time. It's tyring
    • Posted

hi my name is Jennifer I'm 38 I have severe anxiety too I worry all the time since I was young I hate it too I'll be up nights at a time can't sleep right now I really want to move back to my apartment which my Mom says I might be able to next year I had heart failure last Nov but getting better I'm in a group home now but my house mate constantly makes me worry about her hitting my staff and getting them in trouble for her lying and I always want to get up and go to my group therapy program and start my day I don't want to sleep I don't know why

also I get aches, and pains with anxiety too my back, pinch nerves, and hip will hurt, I always shake my legs when sitting I worry about what people think of me, I try too hard or just don't get involved I'm also currently experiencing shakiness and tremors like there's always an earthquake I hate it and I'm always hot but some days are good and some days aren't it depends I guess sometimes it happens for no reason I read but you may e-mail me anytime I'm going through the same thing since 1995 anyway ttyl I'm still up and it's 3:17am ugh I want to get up already lol anyway ttyl  

I also go to a group therapy at College Hospital 4 days a week 10 to 3 so that helps 

• Posted

I'm in the same boat but still not sure it's anxiety and the doctor has never suggested it.

I've had 24 hour ECG, chest X-ray, ultrasound and blood tests and all came back fine but my symptoms are:

Pressure on chest

Niggling ache on my upper right chest

Hot chest sensation

Tingly lower face and lips

Spaced out feeling

Symptoms seem to get worse as the day goes on but usually get worse when I stand up and start walking around. If I excersise my symptoms disappear whilst I'm doing it so I guess I'm physically "working" ok?

Anyway, these symptoms have been pretty much constant for about 3 months now.

The doctors latest idea was to take ibuprofen for 3 weeks and rest thinking I had a chest muscle issue.

All my symptoms seem to point to anxiety but the doctor doesn't seem think its that, but also not really prepared to offer any other ideas.

The symptoms are so acute, could it really be anxiety?

• Posted

Oh please don't dispair, it's perfectly normal and your body is almost withdrawing from the anxiety which doesn't happen overnight. You may wake up some mornings and feel fabulous and it won't be until about 4pm that you suddenly think 'oh my gosh, i've had no symptoms'. But I guarantee you that as soon as you think that, the symptoms come on!! it's almost like you tell your body to feel anxious again!

I have this exact same issue. I feel like I should be fine now as the stresses I was up against have eased but i'm still dizzy most days, get tingling, shortness of breathe and pains, dry/unfocussing eyes, much like Mango6 talks about!! 

What helps me is a morning walk. I fill up my flask with warm water and lemon, I put on my trainers and I walk for one hour every day. I'm very lucky to live near the beach and so I head straight there, but anywhere is good! When it's too windy, I walk around the high street and people watch.

It will get better, think positive thoughts, refresh your body with new air and eat healthily smile

• Posted

Hi, i need some advice if any of you could help me. I am convinced my mum has GAD & health anxiety but she will NOT accept her symptoms are anxiety. I am 41 and ever since i can remember my mum has always been ill, from agoraphobia to allergys. Every week she comes to my house with a symptom of some sort she has been diagnosed with Dystonia and normally this is her main topic of illness until every now and then other things start, She currently has aching bones and shakey all over last week it was her sinusis now she is convinced theres something wrong with her kidneys & today she had tenderness in side her ears and at the back of her head. I have mentioned GAD but she said this  it is not anxiety symptoms and she knows the difference, she has a doctors appointment next week but she has been tested for absolutely everything i remember when her IBS was playing up we was up A&E constantly. She drinks probably two bottles of wine a night because she has no life, she dont go out much because most of the time she doesnt feel well or her Dystonia is playing up. To be honest im at my wits end with her, sometimes she admits shes depressed and we go Doctors and they refer her to somewhere which she'll  go to once maybe twice then either stops because she don't feel well enough to go or it doesnt work. But then she'll say im really trying to help myself. I just feel that if she got her anxiety sorted out all her other health problems will go as well and she could have a life. How can i convince her all her health problems are down to anxiety? Can anyone help 

thanks for listening .

• Posted

Hi nicola

I first got anxiety and panic attacks about 5 years ago but after a year or so it went away but recently it's come back again and 10 x worse than the first time.

I have physical symptoms everyday and have had for about 8 months. I've tried all the things I did when I first suffered anxiety but it doesn't help. With feeling the pains everyday I too think there is something seriously wrong. I can't reason with myself. I'd just like to atleast go a day where I feel 'normal'

I read up every new little feeling which is the worst thing to do I'm sure.

I hope you feel better soon but know you're not alone xx

• Posted

Hi are you still feeling the same i have all of a sudden become anxious this past week i feel its never going to end xx
    • Posted

Takes till teatime to start to settle. Do you have diazepam to help. My gp said it will.

• Posted

I feel like I am going mad nicola, I have chest/back pain, headaches, pain in the arms and legs. I have panic/anxiety attacks and tired all the time. I have had numerous tests ie echocardiography,tread mill test and still no closer to getting any firm diagnosis from the doctors. In fact the doctor I saw this week basically told my husband it's all in my head.. I have been suffering like this for the last 11 months and I am getting tired of it all.
    • Posted

I to have had the same symptoms and its driving me insane. I keep thinking I'm going to have a heart attack because my chest and back is hurting so much. My eyes go blurry and I just can't concentrate. I've been suffering like this for about 2 months and just want to feel like my normal self again
    • Posted

Hi,

I understand.

I have been feeling exactly the same way.chest pain sometimes centre of my chest,sometimes left and sometimes right.

Its always a fear of heart attack.

Back pain all the way up to my neck too.

When for blood test , urine test and blood pressure.

Everything came up fine.

Hmm anxiety sucks and it certainly suck the life out of us.

Dont worry always practice telling yourself its all in your head and nothing will happen.

Everything will be fine.

Just dont keep it to yourself.

Talk to someone about it.

Cause sometimes when we have those thoughts it just seem so real and scary.

But when you confide with someone,and when you hear yourself it just sounds so ridiculous and pathetic.

Find a way to laugh about it.

Laughter is always the best medicine.

Remind yourself to be happy.☺

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.