Doctor called and im a mess yet again..

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ok so yesterday I went to the doct9r and when she took my first heartrate, it was 140 but dropped immediately to 120s.. Then they said it was 107 during my ekg. Then at the doctor it was high 90s (i should mention I was anxious during all of this).. When I used to go though my heart rate was around the high 70s low 80s.. I'm talking normal was 72 or 76 like clockwork.. It seems in the past few weeks it's suddenly gotten bad.. Am I just anxious from the past few weeks? (those who don't know I recently had a d&c that was a very interesting recovery to say the least).. Now my doctor calls and said during my appointment on Wednesday it will be a bit longer because they want to discuss my increased heart rate.. Should I be worried? Are they just going to discuss putting me back on anxiety meds? I don't understand why my heart rate is like this.. It feels calm and a not too fast pounding usually so I haven't been concerned. Now these numbers have me concerned. I'm trying not too panic but now I can't help it.. Should I keep a record of what it usually is so when I go there we can figure out if its nervousness??

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Does your doctor know about the d and c? The miscarriage? Increased anxiety lately? Maybe he wants to find out whats been going on in your life to determine if blood pressure meds should be considered. Sounds like a nice doctor that actually cares.
    • Posted

My blood pressure was 120/84 yesterday when my hr was 107.. They know of it but I don't know if they think I'm still on my anxiety pills or not.. In the hospital both times tho my doctor watched my heart rate and it was in the low 100s and slowly went down. I have my boyfriend regularly check it at home and its usually high 80s max. I've had one time that it's been at an even 100.

• Posted

I hope all goes well. You deserve some good health! Feel better and let us know what the doctor says. Maybe keep a record for when you see the doctor since it seems better at home.i dont really know how that works.
  • Posted

I just wanted to reply because your not alone I have had alot of fast heart rates for months now and it scares me to death. I've had EKGs one just a month ago it was normal but showed fast heart rate of 100 but I monitor mine daily have since this started out of the blue. At times if I'm out in the heat it will go to 105 if I can check my rate and it will be 79 then if I smoke a cigarette it will go to 112 to me that's not normal so I've since quit smoking three weeks ago but I still have fast heart rate off and on. Hope you get an answer as to what's causing yours I'm still in the process of trying g to figure out mine as well. I don't think everything is anxiety as I've has anxiety almost my whole life and never experienced this like this before

• Posted

Thank you, it really helps knowing I'm not alone.. This site has really helped me in the bad times.. Usually I think mine is high and I test it and its normal but for the past few weeks every time I'm at the hospital its high.. Just irritating.. I'm trying to tell myself "ok, they said its noncardiac so they obviously think Its psychological".. They just found out yesterday I stopped my pills so.. That should be interesting. I guess the thing that terrifies me the most is that i woke up one day and I was a completely different person.. They say nothings wrong but the physical symptoms seem so real.. It makes it so hard to believe that there isn't something wrong aside from our minds.. But anyways hopefully you get some answers, and congrats on quitting smoking, thats a big step!!

• Posted

Thank you and same as you I'm told it's not physical but it's hard to believe that when it's really happening I also think my thyroid is alittle bit to blame but they say that's normal too except I did research on my labs and have posted on thyroid boards and all says my labs show hypo but I researched parathyroid mine is over the limit but they say normal I'm in the process of finding a new Dr to get all straightened out and get answers if you feel it's more then anxiety keep pushing for answers

• Posted

Hello sweetie.

It would have been normal for your pulse to go up after smoking a ciggie, that are stimulants that affect the heart, and because you lose oxygen when you smoke and gain carbon dioxide, the heart needs to punp faster to ensure the muscles get enough oxygen.

Well done for quitting though, that is great news and you will start noticing the benefits of it soon. I wish I had the same will power as you!

• Posted

When the doctor's say it isn't physical, they don't mean that they think you are not really having the symptom, it just means that it isn't due to something like a heart defect or clogged arteries which is a good sign.

I had a resting heart rate of 140-160 last year, and they were very concerned about me. They couldn't find the real cause of it so said I had anxiety related tachycardia. They put me on beta blockers, which also helped loads with my anxiety.

It can be dangerous to look up llimits and things online, since there are plenty of things that can cause abnormal lab results. It may be that the one thing was just a little high but wasn't of concern because the rest of the results were fine? There is an awful lot they learn in medical school which is why sometimes we need to trust their judgement more than the internets. 

The problem with anxiety is that it can cause many physical symptoms... everything from headaches to diarrhea to IBS to acne to tachycardia to high blood pressure and a million other things. 

Because anxiety can cause so many physical problems, it is perfectly normal to feel like it has to be something more. It is hard sometimes to believe that something in our minds can make such a difference to how we feel. 

• Posted

I understand that but what I find it hard to believe about this rapid heart rate is I can't go out in the heat it races

• Posted

I still crave one only reason I quit was heart rate would go to 112 after smoking seems a bit high as it never done that before.would raise a few points never drastically like that.and it can be 79 before smoking, yesterday I was walking around a amusement park couldn't enjoy had to sit down most of the time due to heart racing makes no sense to me. And I'm not even panicking all I know is its taken my quality of life from me.

• Posted

HIya, 

I wouldn't panic tooooo much about your heart rate at the docs. It may very well have been anxiety over the visit, especially as it settled down whilst you were there. However, if it is a regular occurance, or if you feel your anxiety is getting worse, than going back n the meds may be a good idea for you. What were you on last time? They may give you a beta-blover such as Propranolol, which will not only help your heart rate but will also help with your anxiety?

Please let us know how you get on? xx

• Posted

I was on celexa but it gave me weird side effects.. Heart palps daily, still anxiety wveryday, weird sex side effects.. It made me not even be able to enjoy sex anymore.. I hope they give me something.. Usually my Heart rate isn't high except during noted panic attacks.. I've had a very emotional 2-3 weeks and the stress has been horrible. I'm hoping they're just going to tell me they want me to talk to my psychiatrist and they think I should be back on meds and send me on my way.. I know a UTI can speed up my Heart rate a bit but I didn't have it when I was in the hospital last week apparently because she said my white cell count was fine I think

• Posted

Would you mind if i message you? I have a strange question and u seem to know a lot about the issues lol
    • Posted

Yes hun, I can understand how traumatic the last few weeks have been! It must have been awful for you sad 

As for the meds, I am sorry the last one made things worse, if that happens again be sure to go back immediately and tell them. 

Don't forget, by the way, that if there is something you want you can ask the doctor for it. If you go in and say "I would like to go on some anxiety meds again and I had a friend say beta blockers might be a good idea since they lower the heart rate and help with anxiety, and I would also appreciate a refferal to a psyhiatrist to help me come to terms with what has happend" then you should get what you want, and if they don't think it is right for you at least you get an explanation of why. I always go in and tell me GP what I am looking for pmsl. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.