Doctor found 10cm complex cyst behind ovaries

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi went for follow up appointment with gp they found a 10 cm cyst behind ovaries , had blood test same day and have Mir ct scan on 5th February , only husband knows until results confirmed just need advice on how to to myself going crazy with worry Michelle 41 x

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Michelle you don't need to worry too much I just had my removed a week ago I am healing just fine. You need to talk to people who have gone through the same process it will take all your fears away. I had a demoid cyst on my left overies and fabroid . I stayed in the hospital for 3day after the surgery and today a week later I healing just fine all the best on February 5th
    • Posted

Hi thank you for reply really pleased to hear your doing well too. They say it's a complex cyst ,since read it's consists of solid and fluid, I'm annoyed I Wasn't persistent with gp over last 13 years and saw many of them , Dr sighn was only one that asked me to have ultrasound , and you know the rest, I'm nervous too as dads lung cancer two years ago was diagnosed at stage 4 ,it had spread to brain and other organs ,I'm staying positive and focused like us all just to many emotions to handle at one time xx
    • Posted

Hi how's recovery going ? , waiting for return call from doctor today , so she can explain next weeks appointments now I've calmed down. From finding your cyst till ops how long did you wait, again I know we're all different thank you shell
  • Posted

Hi Michelle, I know it's worrying, I found talking to my Gp about my fears and talking and asking questions on this forum helpful.

everyone here understands, they have gone through it or are experiencing similar. 

I found some people in my daily life were like oh that's minor! Get on with it, but to me it was a major event in my life! 

Feb 5th will come round, know it feels like forever, you could try asking if they would call earlier if they have a cancellation, not always possible if you have to arrange cover for children or work. Let us know how you get on

• Posted

Hi thank you for reply, yes pleased found forum , not going to ring about bloods just wait till have all results, that's how I feel today, only told my regional manager for now and he's been great , when I've got appointments he'll cover for me , as my colleagues will only worry and I'm doing enough for all of them . I'll keep you updated xx
  • Posted

They may already have blood results, you could try phoning, was it a CA125 test?
  • Posted

Hi Michelle- You have come to the right place. I have found such support on this forum. Friends and family are great but obviously worried too so you have to put a brave face on .I have NO SYMPTOMS at all,so when I went for a scan for cystitis( which had long since cleared up- it took 10 weeks to get scan) ,I was amazed when they said I had a' pelvic mass' !! It is 2 cysts 5cm and 8cm. Like you I had every nightmare possible since Dec 10th. Xmas and New year were really hard but didn't tell friends just daughter and husband- telling them hurt me more than anything. The blood test for Ca125 might reassure you. Mine was 27 (normal is 35) and cancer usually shows in the 100s or 1000s- the link nurse told me.Also my CT scan showed nothing thing elsewhere in the body. Because I'm 74 they have to treat it as POSSIBLE cancer and I go into hospital on Tues 27th for either laparoscopy(keyhole),laparotomy or hysterectomy.Then I have a 2-3 week wait for results. I can't wait to get it over with and am now feeling hopeful that all will be well as the surgeon said it might end up to have been unecessary but it's the only way they can tell if it's benign or malignant and most times it's benign.The waiting is the worst and we always think the worst but you could be fine. Take care and keep in touch xx
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply I shall let you know how it goes too, best wishes for your surgery too xx
    • Posted

Being around daughter and son 13yrs and 8 yrs chokes me ,but for my husband's sanity I put on brave face , so many dates coming up my younger sister first child to be born within next 4 weeks and as I mentioned above we lost dad just over two years ago and mum still very emotional xx but everything will be fine 😃
    • Posted

Hi Michelle- What I did after worrying all December was to enjoy each 'normal' day til I got my results. My grandaughter is due to give birth early Feb too,my Dad died a year to the day I got my CT results,but life has to go on and try to think of the other result it could be- that you will probably be fine .Also cos your lovely Dad had cancer it doesn't mean you will and your Mum and children need you . I know there is nothing showing in rest of my body so if the worst happens it can be removed and treated.So many women on this forum have come through this and are recovering well. Good luck,enjoy the good things in your life right now xx
    • Posted

Hi well after calming down over weekend ,I'm glad cyst to be removed ,May help with the pain in pelvic side and back which I thought were period pains and constant bloating and constipation , I know a we're all different and depends on procedure and results will I be flying off on holiday on 5 th March , I will ask Dr next week too or I'm I kidding myself , my little sister had her daughter today 3 weeks both doing well😃
    • Posted

Hi Michelle- glad they're removing it then it can't cause problems any more ! Congratulations on your new niece. I too have booked a holiday in Lanzarote early May- had to have something to look forward too after all the worry in December. I'm sure you'll be OK,just recover carefully and don't overdo it Did you get your blood results and CT ? I go for my op in morning. Will let you know how it goes asap.xx
    • Posted

Hi

Had my follow up appointment, ct scan as early as next week then consultant , gyn and oncology gyn will review case third or 4 th week should be key hole or full hysterectomy , holiday to Florida to be cancelled on 5 th march , just have to tell the kids , I'm in good spirits though xx

• Posted

Hi Michelle. I'm brand new to this forum so glad to see we are not freak single cases! Seems quite a few of us have big cysts. Just had my ultrasound 2 weeks ago and already had meeting with gyn oncologist. Thank goodness she thinks probably not cancer for me but i'm still going to have a CT. Mines mostly fluid we think but a whopping 21cm across. I'm only a size 8, so I look 5 months pregnant!! rolleyes So sorry to hear you've had to cancel your holiday, but probably the sensible option at this point. Plenty of time for holidays when you're back to full health and can enjoy it! x x x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.