Doctor only gave me something for dyspepsia. Help!

Posted , 8 users are following.

So I’ve had these symptoms for almost two weeks now and I finally went to the doctors today.

- Abdominal pain that gets worse after eating (usually lower abdominal pain, more pronounced on the left side)

- Had been feeling sick all day until the day before yesterday

- I sometimes get a burning sensation in my stomach but not chest and feel like I have something down my chest or throat when I swallow

- Certain foods make the symptoms worse but it’s hard to tell which ones, usually the fatty ones I suppose

I was constipated yesterday and the day before but I think I was fine today as I have already passed a stool. She checked my belly and said it could be a bacteria or the painkillers I was taking before the symptoms started. I have to do a stool test but that’s gonna take like a week just to find out the results. I really hope it’s not gonna get worse until then or I’ll have to get an emergency appointment. It’s weird she didn’t give me anything for reflux tho. I was taking Lansoprazole  before I went to see her but I forgot to mention it and it does help a bit and I’m not sure if it’s okay to take Lansoprazole and Lactulose.

Anyone any similar experience?

I hate having problems with my stomach, it’s stressing me out.

0 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Next
  • Posted

My stools are also weird (either too stinky, too light or half light half darker brown). What can they actually see in the stool other than bacteria or parasites?
    • Posted

Sorry Maria but your symptoms are matching 100% with gallbladder issues.... stones or inflamation... if the symptoms became worse please do not wait but contact ED immediately.

For the time being.. no fat foods... but fruits and veg.... and keep it calm...

It could be stones... but you need some tests done... first blood test...endoscopy...ultrasound... and followed by more if no abnormality found.

Take care

• Posted

How did the doctor not think about it😭 I’m so scared right now. I really hope I’m not gonna die before I even get the test results! My stool hasn’t been normal for years but because I’ve not had other symptoms I’ve ignored it. I was stupid. Who knows what they’re going to find 😥

• Posted

1. You aint gonna die...

2. Do not worry...

3. Its just simple temporary pain....

You will get over it...

Why i asume so? Explanation

.. your liver produce bile...bile helps absorbing fat and its stored in gallbladder... so any issue related to pain after fatty food....or inconsistent stool... or pale stool is most likely a result of inflamation in gallbladder...

Regular symptoms...for gallbladder disfunction : diarrhea or constipation.... lack of energy.... pain in abdomen... bad food absorption aka sensitive to fat....

• Posted

And all your symptoms described are matching gallbladder issue.... again its not end of the world... when dealing with digestive problems its extremely difficult to diagnose the issue...

I am myself 4 months in burning 24/7 and nobody knows why... endoscopy...blood test... xray... second blood test.. and doctor telling me its nothing....

So important is to stay positive and keep it up.

• Posted

Thank you! I know what you mean but I’m also suffering from OCD/anxiety and everything makes me feel hopeless, sad, depressed, like it’s the end of the world. I’m really trying to keep my head up and keep busy but I keep remembering about my problems and cry again 😥 I need to man up. I really hope you’re going to figure out what’s wrong with you and be able to solve your problem.

• Posted

I cant say that i know how it feels because i do not... but try to have some good memory in your head and everytime the anxiety spike comes in just push it away with that memory... and remember thoose who cares about you.. you are not alone in this.

Take care

• Posted

Maybe that’s the problem that I feel really lonely right now, I feel like nobody cares. All of my friends know I’m not well and still no one is texting me to see how I’m doing. I’m disappointed.
  • Posted

I think I’m having way too much fat... I’m only supposed to have 34g per day but I’ve had like 64g so far so maybe that’s why my stools are not okay... need to reduce fat immediately...
  • Posted

Hey! This was already mentioned but this does sound like gallbladder troubles. I know the feelings, I have gallstones and I have these symptoms too (but more pain in the upper right/middle of my abdomen). It gets hard and while I do have the occasional check up by friends, I'm mainly alone and I do have anxiety and depression so those can get in the way. But I've noticed on bad mental health days, all of my symptoms seem worse so I've started doing more things to distract myself and to keep a positive attitude.

I hope you get answers and start to feel better. It's no fun dealing with both physical issues and just feeling down.

• Posted

I agree anxiety makes everything 10 times worse. Just a nightmare. At least there’s people I can relate to here...people in my life don’t actually realise how dramatic it can be to feel pain or nausea everyday as soon as you wake up...
    • Posted

I totally get it!! The nausea for me is the worst part if I'm honest.. I hate pain too but nausea just makes everything so much worse. It helps to know people relate to what you're feeling.

• Posted

Both nausea and pain are gone now, I’m still constipated and have reflux. Hopefully it won’t get worse again. How are you feeling?
    • Posted

Nausea is gone for the most part (sometimes sneaks up on me out of nowhere). Not as much pain but still having to watch what I eat. Constipation on and off, same with reflux but I get it bad on the nights that I eat fatty foods. I feel more like myself now though but surgery is still in consideration because gallbladder attacks are no joke. Glad to know you're feeling better!

• Posted

I also get reflux depending on what I eat and constipation more or less meaning that I’d normally go to the toilet once a day and now I go every two days. Do you have inflammation in your gallbladder?
    • Posted

I go between constipation and diarrhea depending on the food. It sucks, so does the reflux - I have to stay on my left side or on my back because it gets worse on my right side for some reason. Not sure if my gallbladder is inflamed or not, just know I have gallstones but I wouldn't be surprised if it's inflamed.

• Posted

I’m worried mine is inflamed as well. I read online that it can be dangerous and you’d have to go without eating or drinking in the hospital till the inflammation would go away. I think we would get a lot of pain on the left side of the abdomen if that was the case tho. 
    • Posted

Well hopefully they're not!! I think there would be a lot more pain included as well so let's hope we're both doing okay cheesygrin feel free to message me on how you're doing.

• Posted

Stool sample was normal. Will see my doc on the 8th of May to see what other tests I need to do.
    • Posted

Hi Maria, I have a bit of nausea today with eating and both Sunday and Monday I had gallbladder attacks. Sunday was only an hour of pain and Monday was about 2 hours and now it's just dull and achy so I'm thinking that may be the reason why my body just doesn't feel well today. Hoping my gallbladder isn't inflamed, if things get worse, going to the hospital to check everything out.

• Posted

Hi! Do you have an appointment with your GP? What tests have you had? A scan or blood test would be good to detect whether it’s inflamed or not. Are you taking any medication? There’s meds you could take to help the gallbladder work better.
    • Posted

I have an appointment at the end of June with the surgeon to see if I want to do surgery yet. No other tests done yet since I found out I had gallstones, been dealing with them myself with the normal information - avoid fatty foods. Just anti nausea medicine for the attacks if I really need to use it. No attack today, my upper abdomen just feels achy still. 
    • Posted

That sucks that you need to get surgery but maybe it’s for the best. Have you experienced weight loss?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.