Doctors aren't taking my treatment seriously.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ever since I've been diagnosed with NEAD the doctors have stopped taking my treatment seriously. It feels like they blame me for having these seizures. That its all in my head.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hang in there, we hams similar problems with my daughter. Sometimes it was probably us thinking that that's how they thought. But if you free like that shop around for a doctor that has treated people before for NEAD and you will get the right advise smile
  • Posted

Dear Pwincess,

I was lable as having NEAD also and treated like it was all in my head. I was actually told that I was taking up a hospital bed that should be  used for a truly ill person. At that time I was told this when I was in that state of helplessness after just having a seizure. I have been yelled at during a seizure "stop it , Mary". I suffered with seizures for 1 year. I know what you are feeling. I have been seizure free so far for 4 months. Yes , the doctors stop taking you serious . There are thousands of suffers around this beautiful blue gem we live on. You are not alone.You are not to blame for your seizures. They are uncontrolable moments. I was told it is all in my head. Doctors are not all knowing like God Almighty about the human body.

Tell me about your seizures. I care.

• Posted

Dear Mary,

thanks for replying and sharing your experiences it has really helped me and shown me that I'm not alone. Thank you.😀

• Posted

Don't feel distressed I know this feeling also. I have mom epileptic seizures they are telling me is do to my subconcious mind manifesting in its on way how to deal with anxiety and depression. I didn't have anxiety or depression until the the anemia was found and I started treatment 5 years ago. Neurologist says I need to week therapy to learn how to control what I have locked down in the past from abuse which I've never had. Never the less to mention I just found out my thyroid is calcified, I have the anemia from b12 deff.. Which came from the crohns collitis and Celiac disease they found out I had 5 years ago after looaing weight. So for years I was told you're over weight and diabetic to go from 315 pounds to 185 since 2008....to find out the weight masked everything. After having a 3 day in hospital stay EEG which showed no signs of epilepsy .... But still having seizures even in medicine for anxiety and seizures I still continue to a seizure at least 2 to 3 times a week. Do to that I have lost my job and right to be normal....so who wouldn't be depressed lol....and have anxiety when I can't work to make.money to fend for my family. Some doctors just don't listen at all.... And when they don't that's when you go for a second opinion which I am currently seeking. Like I told the doctor you don't manifest an aniema .... And I am happy with looaing the weight to try and be here longer for.my family.... They didn't like me after thay
    • Posted

Thanks for replying back and sharing your experiences it has really helped and made a difference for me. Thank you once again.
  • Posted

Dear Pwincess,

I'm so sorry I haven't been in touch with you lately. My heart crys for you so much. Four days ago I went to hospital from my night shift at about 3am.I was in the ER for over 10 hours. The doctor said that my blood work shown that there maybe a blood clot in my lungs because my clotting factor was high. He wanted me to have a lung scan. A iodine tracer is used but I am allergic to iodine severely. He lied to me and said that iodine is no longer used in this scan but when reading the release form it said iodine. I question him and he raised his voice to me. My daughter arrived just soon after this and also question his lying. He raised his voice to my daughter but she stood her grounds. He said that another tracer could be used. So I did the scan but I did not trust him fully. That night at home I had headaches at the back of my head.The following day I felt better in the morning. We had made arrangement to meet my son at a coffee shop for a get together . In the shop I had a sudden blinding severe headache and flashing white light . I had seizures one after another for two hours. I was taken by ambulance to ER. I was sedated. Of course I was labeled NEAD . I was free of seizures for 4 months. I have had my crys and am trying not to let this episode over come me. No surpressed childhood trama was trying to resurface at that time. We remember our bad memories. We all have them. Most are out of our control. They just happen. What could be a worst memory than watch your beloved mother die of lung cancer. The hoplessness of knowing there is nothing to stop it. I wanted to pick her up and cradle her in my arms but it was impossible at the time. She was just bones and flesh, so skinny. I cryed my heart out.These doctors can treat us but only label us. We don't fit into the big "E" but just the big "N". I'm angery,yes but it is what it is. I had a heart scan a year ago and the same thing happen afterwards but for a longer time. I have prayed my heart out to Almighty God the hearer of prays. I know he knows the truth.

Pwincess, how many are there like us label NEAD by doctors? Too many. I feel so much for you. Hugs.

• Posted

Hi Mary thanks for getting back to me and I'm so sorry to hear this. Reading this shows me that you are a very brave and strong person and you are helping me to. I hope you don't let this over come you. Lots of love pwincess.😀
  • Posted

Dear Pwincess,

I feel somewhat better today. I have the loving support of my grown children who have been trying to reason with me with it happen, it's over with,we love you. I'm getting over it. I know it takes time to gain your footing again.

Thanks for your reply and concern. I'm not going to tell my doctor about what happen because she just runs with it. I have been throught a bite to much with her labeling me. She actually started to cry in front of me one time when she asked tell me something resent of something bad that's happen to you. I said watching my co-worker get hit by a turning car right beside me while we were crossing a cross walk. The doctor was in front of me on her knees. I told her my friend lived. Who needs help here? Me or her?

Take care. Lots of hugs.

• Posted

Mary I'm glad you are feeling better. I understand you on not wanting to tell a doctor that takes it out of context .... Mine told me that I wasn't satisfied or happy with myself over the weight loss ....so I asked him do I need to go back to being over weight to be happy....again the doctor didn't like me after that. He replied with manifesting things in my mind is my cause of seizures. I also talk to New doctor the other day about my calcified thyroid and other health issues I have and he informed that 1 might be the trigger for them. Hopefully. On July 22. They can figure something out since I've had 2 back since I've bean out of the hospital.
  • Posted

Dear Pwincess,

I am feeling so much better since that terrible episode of seizures last Saturday. It drains me emotionally and phyically.I have hypo throid for many years now. Before I started taking meds for it, I was feeling very cold all the time and never could get enough sleep. I have been doing a detox since Saturday. Herbal meds that clean out toxins from your liver etc. What a difference it has made. You can get a detox kit from health food stores.

I dye my hair today and decided after all things done that I'm still one of a kind,me. Having seizures yes up set you but as my daughter said it's finished and done. She is such a loving daughter.  I hope you find a solution with this new doctor. A good doctor is hard to find. My doctor is a work  of art. Doesn't mind taking care of my other medical needs but not the seizures. So I did try to get help from her but ...serously I don't believe all the people in this big blue gem of a planet who suffer with Nead are metally messed with so called surpressed bad memories. I'm in nursing and I have seen some pretty gross and sad things with people that would mess up the regular Joe and Jane. I love life and caring for people. My daughter say you are such a mother.

I'm over weight since having birth my last child many years ago. Still trying to loose the pounds. It's just fat. It doen't change who I am. Cheers to life and being seizure free today. Pwincess , you stronge woman.  

• Posted

Dear Mary,

Thank you for giving me the advice and also sharing your story. I hope you accomplish your goal to lose weight. Lots of love,pwincess

• Posted

Dear Pwincess,

Losing weight has been a work in process. I also hope the best for you . 

Basket of wishes.

• Posted

hi pwincess22776 I undertsand this must be upseting and i'm going through the same but you must stay strong the more you worry the attacks might happen even more. I know i'm not much help because i'm looking for answer's to i wish you luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.