doctors at 12.30 need advice please

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I'm 22 and getting out of breathe when walking up stairs this has been for like 2 years now but getting worse and longer to calm down I also get out of breath walking places but sometimes worse then others I could walk real long distance and be ok then next day ill walk like 10 mins and be catching my breathe I'm not over weight I'm nearly underweight the weight won't come on and going off on its own and has been for two years after I quit gym but my muscles don't seem to be building back up either like there weak and jelly I noticed I'm getting weaker and weaker like opening thing ect it actually hurts me and if somebody like taps me it hurts more than it should I'm tiered out all the time too but my doctors ain't taking the breathing or anything for the matter serious and think it's stress anxoety reflux ect so does anybody know how I get my doctor to actually take me seriously I had real bad out of breath Ness in Feb 2014 the doctor sent me for a xray and it all came back good so hospital said because I had pain too it was reflux (I did have reflux because I had just had a misscarriage so I still had pregnancy symtoms but the reflux has stayed with me a year now !!) My anxiety is very high as most of you probably know from my posts so I will mention this also I have had holter before and heart us so my hearts healthy but then that leaves my lungs and the doctors say they is not much else they can suggest as in testing is they anything that I can mention test wise which might show what's wrong I am worried about cancer or copd at the minute because my dad has copd and my cousin got lung cancer early in his 20s and doesn't even smoke ??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Steph, could the problem be associated with great anxiety caused by the miscarriage?
    • Posted

I've come.to the conclusion that it is to do with the misscarriage and also the fear of what happened to me when I had my son in 2012 I had really bad complications and was neglected so a week later rushed to theater and I remember been scared the same thing will happen after the misscarriage and my anxiety since has been madness and disturbingly horrible but I feel as iv accepted my misscarriage now that they is actually maybe one thing still causing all of this rather then it been just anxiety and that doctors a just putting it down to anxiety I know when you have anxoety you don't believe it is but the doctors have missed several things on me even when I had serious anemia my nails was blue and I kept passing out ect and new something was wrong it took them 6 months to find I had anemia even though blood tests was showing I did not have anything wrong I did so I suppose I belive there missing something little now that could turn big x
  • Posted

Hi you could ask for an endoscopy (where they put a camera down your throat). You may possibly have a hernia and this could make you out of breath, it also causes reflux The hernia itself could be caused when you had the baby. What medication does your doctor give you for the reflux? I also think a scan might help. It's really all down to your doctor. So you are going to have to be a bit forceful when you ask for these things. Tell the doctor you are just not happy with the treatment ou have received so far and feel you are being fobbed off and say that you deserve better.
  • Posted

I have the same breathlessness feeling. I do smoke. But everytime they take my oxygen levels, they are like 98. I know it is the anxiety, because when I take Xanax, the feeling gets better. I think your worry about your father and your cousin are causing it to be worse. Part of the anxiety is when I hear about someone, I am convinced I have the same thing. I have to change my way of thinking, and therapy is the only way to do that. Hang in there!
  • Posted

Hi thanks for your reply I was sent to hospital I also in my head had set it to be ok but my oxygen turned out to be 90 and when I got to hospital was 95 98-99 ect so my doctor thought I had a clot in my lungs the hospital said I'm too young (22) and refused to check although my heart rate was 100+ constantly so they did a ecg which was ok but high heart rate all day even now my hearts 100+ I don't know what's going I keep getting chest shoulder neck pains randomly now I have really bad thumb pain !

There sending a email to my doctor to say I need to do the tube blow thing because it may be asthma and I said I'm. Concerned about copd first time ever they did not mention anxiety so I don't know what's going on but I'm still very nervous incase it is a clot because that's what they did not check for xx

• Posted

Oh my. Are you coughing a lot? Usually a clot in the lungsĀ  will cause non stop coughing. Also, I do not believe they would send you home if that was even a slight possibility.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.