doctors at GP s

Posted , 6 users are following.

From your posts and also from my experience ... Doctors at GP they dont give more details about diet and those pills. My doctor told me 2 words about: diet and workout. Thats it. He didnt tell me about low fat and nothing at all. My appointment took max. 2 min.! i didnt have enough info so thanks Good I found you. Why they re like that ...

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I was given a sheet/chart showing what foods I could eat daily, what I could eat every now and again and what not to eat. It was very very basic indeed and if it was not for this forum I would be clueless!

///*.*\\\

• Posted

I was literally given the packet with my name and address on, no instructions no helpful tips, nothing 
  • Posted

I really had a feeling he doesnt care about me and I saw funny smile on his face when I ask him about help in looking weigh. ....
    • Posted

Morning Alice :-)

I believe with the help and support of the kind people in this forum you will do well. If you feel your doctor does not care about your health then you should change your doctor,at the end of the day being overweight is a big health issue.

There are many of us that have gained weight, lost it, put it back on again, so any further attempts can be looked at with scepticism, even by doctors at times. I personally have chosen to attempt this very low key, I say as little as possible to anyone in my personal lifehave . Its my 9th day now, so early days, but this group forum is the only support I needed, it works for me and I hope it will work for you too.  

I have to say I find it all rather odd, in that the same story is being told over and over again about Orlistat, with the lack of information and direction at the point of being prescribed.

We are lucky to have found this group, but what of the many others out there that have not. BritneyS is writing a blog to help others understand what Orisat has been about for her, she is well versed on the pro's and pitfalls of this medication after looseing over a 100lbs in weight, she is always happy to advise to the very best of her ability and is obvious to me and others that she truly cares.

///*.*\\\

• Posted

What a pig he is! i would have asked him what he was laughing at. I don't think someone wanting to lose weight and get healthy is funny what a moron he is- prat

stick to the tabets and wipe the smile off his face when you go for your weigh in

x

• Posted

@Daisy

You are right i truly do care because i know exactly what it is like.

When i asked my GP a question about the tablets last time he actually googled it i was like whhaaattt they know nothing yet don't mind dishing them out.

Lol people will find my blog boring currently putting up meal ideas/etc and i hope it helps people not just on here anyone that googles it,

You know i wasn't even going to post a reply just over a year ago i am so glad i did it's nice to be able to help others and share ideas etc with people in the same boat

xx

• Posted

First time i went on them the Nurse basically called me a fat b1tch to my face and kept on looking at me like i was from another planet she had me in tears. Second time around lovley GP she was only a locum so only seen her a few times and she was like 'yeah you will do it i know it' of course she never gave me a diet plan but it was nice to have a supportive gp i kind of knew what the rules were as i had them before and never stuck to them as i had a lot going on at that time in my life.

It is easier for them to write out a prescription and that's it and it's cheaper than a gastric bypass (which i would never have anyway)

I still get the are the tablets working ? comment my reply is well after losing over 100lb the answer i guess is yes it's nice to see them with their mouth open i then follow up with maybe you should read my notes before i come in then you might know about me.

I know they do have a diet sheet for someone on a low fat diet but it is not suitable for someone on these tablets at all.

They don't care your just another name another number as the sooner your out of the surgery the better that's the way they see it.

x

• Posted

I know ....I m so glad to have you lovelies around and a forum. I know he s a pig and CANT wait for jest appointment to show myself :-P as a super sexy :-P last weeks I started T25 training With Shaun. I hope its working as My holiday starts in August so few weeks left. God I really love those pills, this time I know I can change my image, all my friends telling me they feel I m strong and I ll get to my target.

Britney Spears where to find your blog pls?

• Posted

Hi Alice mum i did post a link with the blog but the moderators deleted it?? no idea why

You go! wipe that smile off that twerps face. How he finds someone wanting to change their life/health for the better funny is beyond me moron award of the week goes to him!

Ooh lucky you going on Holiday!

Is that workout on DVD sorry to be thick i actually had to google it as i have never heard of it! my sister has the insanity dvds not that she needs to lose any weight lol

You sound in the right frame of mind to do this i remember i told myself from sept/oct 2012 that i was going on the tablets i kept repeating it like a mantra i think that's how i have managed to do it i was in the right mindset.

It will work good luck.

I can send my blog via PM but not sure if this is allowed?

x

• Posted

I'd be interested to read Britney's blog as well.  I am lucky in that I have a very understanding doctor who struggles with her weight as well so she told me about the 5g/15g fat rule and is even more enthusiastic than I am when I go for my monthly weight check! If I had a doctor like alicemum's I would change doctor!
    • Posted

Sally finally someone has also said about the 5g rule! i was told by someone else on here that she never heard such nonsense basically! hmm x
    • Posted

Hi Britney, 

I recently started on Orlistat.

Can you please send me your link to your BLOG...

Thanks,

Memory

• Posted

I was weighed and was told to come back after 1 month and if i lose 5% of my starting weight I could have another prescription.  I read the leaflet inside which advised to take a multi vitamin at bed time and keep to a low fat foods. The joys of some GP's rolleyes.   xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.