Does anxiety get worse the first couple of weeks on sertraline/

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been on sertraline for 7 days now. I have 75mgs of Trazadone to help me sleep but the anxiety is unbelievable sometimes. Does this go away? I am on the medication for a bad anxiety and PTSD? Could use some encouragement that it will get better.

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi,

Yes I was on Flouxetine for 9 years and came off because I felt good, however I then had bad anxiety again after about 5 weeks, hence me going back on meds. I thought I would try Setraline as I had a really rough time with starting Flo, it was a mare.  Worse that Setraline

• Posted

Prozac did not work for me I was on it for 8 weeks for anxiety
    • Posted

I took a long time for as well but I got there in the end. I’m going to just stay off them for a while now. Hope you feel better soon x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.