Does anxiety get worse the first couple of weeks on sertraline/

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been on sertraline for 7 days now. I have 75mgs of Trazadone to help me sleep but the anxiety is unbelievable sometimes. Does this go away? I am on the medication for a bad anxiety and PTSD? Could use some encouragement that it will get better.

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I’ve never been on anything else. I haven’t had depression. I started having panic attacks after a bad operation. It seems to be working well for that. Now in 7th week and I know it’ll get even better. 
    • Posted

i shouldn't worrythat its not going to work for anxiety it was 2 weeks last FRIDAY AND THE ANXIETY IS HORRIBLE?

• Posted

yes still waking up with anxiety but its definitely not as bad. struggling with the dizziness though and the head pain. its not a headache but a weird pain. but we just keep going dont we tell ourselves it has to get better

• Posted

Hi,

I am in the same position, I started off on 25g and this is my third day. I started on the lower dosage as I was scared of the side effects and I go up after 7 days.  My anxiety has risen, I get the chills which start from the bottom and work there way up, get it quite a bit in the back of the neck, but the worst thing for me is the headache, my head feels so tight and like it's about to explode. I know this is a side effect and will go away but tablets don't touch it. (Nice to know that the tablets are working though)

Can't believe your psychiatrist said she was surprised about the increased anxiety, my doctor warned me about this and said it gets worse before it gets better.

• Posted

Do you wake up first thing in the morning with horrible anxiety?
    • Posted

I hav’nt Had bad headaches but terrible anxiety. I guess there side effects. I am on them for anxiety
  • Posted

Hi

No I don't wake up with horrible anxiety, it just creeps up during the day afternoons are worse for me, however, I have had really bad anxiety in the past and it did make me feel awful in the mornings and there are many people who have morning anxiety so you at not alone. I always found it beneficial to get straight out of bed and jump in the shower, (you don't have time to think then) It will go trust me. I am also on Trazadone to help me sleep

• Posted

I’m on day 4 and my anxiety is very high today, due to this my appetite is off. I don’t have stomach aches, just feel very sick 
    • Posted

I have a headache can you take an Advil?  Also stomache and burping. I am going to try and eat something. My husband is away for 5 days. 
    • Posted

I have never used Advil, I just take paracetamol, I have just popped 2 as my headache is bad this morning. How is your anxiety, mine is sky high this morning. 
  • Posted

Hi. Yes I’m in my 7/8 week and still wake up most mornings with tremors and anxiety. I’ve forgotten what it’s like to wake up “happy “. Hoping this will eventually pass. Not the best way to start the day 😪

• Posted

How are you doing today. I was in the hospital for this anxiety too. I am 67.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.