DOES ANY ONE HAVE A SUCCESS STORY TO SHARE

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi there,

I am chiarian and waiting for my surgery...I read this story..seems that majority of this members although they are having surgery but they still having symptom ...is there any of you..that have symptom free at all or what you call it..SUCCESS STORY?? can you please share with us..or even you have your life back after decompression surgery..I really would like to hear from any of you...thank you in advance..

0 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi,

Muy name is Jorge (George in english) and im 15 years old, i will have my surgery done on the 16th on the next month. To tell you the truth im really scared of this surgery as i have been reading all the possibilities of the things that can happen. Do you have any advice for before the surgery and after? That would really help with this situation. Thanks a lot, i'll be waiting your reply.

• Posted

HI JORGE,

i AM ALSO WAITING FOR MY TURN, I AM SURE YOU WILL HAVE A LOT OF RESPOND FROM PEOPPLE WHO HAS BEEN THERE, MY ADVICE TO YOU WILL BE JUST TRUST YOUR GUT AND YOUR GOD YOU WILL BE FINE YOUR HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND THINK POSITIVE...I WILL BE THINKING OF YOU..PLEASE COME BACK AND UPDATE US HOW YOU ARE GETTING ON

• Posted

Hi Jorge

I think you are really brave and that goes for anyone who has the surgery. I remeber when I ended up walking down to theatre on my own because my parents couldn't get there. However for me I knew and know it's scary however I knew I had to do it for a chance to get better. My only regret was I dodnt and never thought of finding further support. Meaning I never spoke to anyone properly about it. Fourms like this are great for that however i wisjed i sirt out counselling or Local mental health charities to get me through my recovery. For me because I kept things bottled up through my recovery I think has had an emotional impact on me later in life. That's my advice. I felt excellent when I could tell a professional everything rather than choosing what to say to my mum and dad.

Although looking up info is great try not to wrap yourself up into things. I understand that it is easy to fall into the things that could happen however you have to try look at it as it might not be as bad as you think. Only time will tell. Get plenty of support around you and try all you can to keep a positive mindset.

I wish you all the best. Anything you want to ask me please let me know.

Take care

Jon

• Posted

I'll let you know when I finish my surgery, the thing that makes me very nervous about this is that there is a posibility of being disable for the rest of my life. I have been talking a lot with my doctor and he told me it is not a very difficult surgery, but i dont really know. Thank you for all of your support!
    • Posted

Thanks for replying, i have some questions about the surgery. The first one is if it is a very risky surgery and if the recovery is very hard as some people say, thank you for your help!
    • Posted

Hi shorshus

There is no sugar coating the recovery but I found it tough after having my shunt done. The decompression surgery I recovered fairly well from. Was walking in matter of days. That is my experience. It depends on your body after the surgery.

The riskyness of the surgery will be discussed by your surgeon. I am not 100% sure what you mean by that so if you explain it to me more ill try and help you further.

Take care

Jon

• Posted

Be positive, you will be fine..in life thought become thing..its reflex ust like a mirror, so you must say it to your self....everything will be OK. you will be better..nothing is going to happen to you and we all wish you for the best come back and let us know how you are doing
    • Posted

I promise I will come back, you have helped me a lot. Thanks so much for the support
  • Posted

Hi I had surgery 19months ago and yes alot of my symptoms have lessened, especially the headaches, pins and needles have all but gone, I di still feel tired and have pain and stiffness on occasion. I find if listen to your body and take care of yourself mentally then you can live better and happier. Good luck.
    • Posted

That is true Nicky, just listen to our body with chiari, we just not like others, our condition is not the same, even after surgery it will never be the same... so we have to really listen to our body..but make sure 2 litres glass of liquid each day..but keep moving even though its only gently..not to rough though..or ended up back to square one again, reflexology seems help me a lot.

• Posted

How are you now, after your surgery ?
    • Posted

dear Lisa,

Thank you Lisa for asking and remembering me...yeah..I had an excellent surgeon- so i have my life back- no drugs - pain free...

• Posted

Well you are blessed. May you continue to feel well. Who did the surgery, and what hospital did you use ??
    • Posted

Dear Lisa

Yes, I am blessed, my heavenly father put me in the right direction, with lots of prayers from my friends , family and myself - I  was referred (this is my 2nd referral to the best neurosurgeon ever (so I heard) Mr G. Flint of Queen Elisabeth Hospital - in Birmingham UK....I would recommend any one to be operated by him if they are in the UK..he is patience, knew his stuff, firm and to the point...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.