Does anyone else do self internals post repair op?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi. This is my first post on here. I had a total hysterectomy, an A&P, and a TVT 4weeks ago. As you can imagine it's not pleasant. One of my questions is - do any of you have to give yourselves intervals? My consultant specified that I would have to do this to stop from and back walk sticking togwther. Gross I know. So with great discomfort I have been doing this and can feel all my stitches which seem to be everywhere.

Like you Sarah in a previous post I have had a bit of a smell and lots of discharge. I went to Gp's and they took a swab. Awaiting results. But I am struggling to sit down. I was ok at beginning but I've had a mirror out looking and I have swelling and what looks like friction areas either side of my vulva next to my perineum stitches. The gp thinks the stitch is causing the discomfort as its tight. I feel like I'm getting worse instead of better but then read on here that this is normal. I'm also very weepy and have started on hrt so I'm all over the place.

I was given a guide sheet of what you can do each week and sex being 4 weeks my hubby keeps joking that it's now 4 weeks. But I keep telling him the sheet is for hysterectomy NOT A&P repair!!!! He's been great and not pressuring at all. But I can't help feel I wasn't given the right info regarding the additional ops I was having aswell. 3 procedures in 1 is a big deal and info is very vague.

Hope this post is ok. 😊

0 Reply

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So when would you all recommend it would be ok to have sex again ? all I was told was when I felt ready, I've felt a lot more relaxed in the last few days and we've got very close but sex I feel I can't say yes to yet :-/
    • Posted

I suppose your body will tell you when ready. I know this may sound gross but try inserting a finger and see how it feels. If you can't manage that sex is still a no. I'm just over 4weeks and I can't even think of sex yet. But I suppose my body will let me know. And take it slowly when you do. Good luck. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.