does anyone else experience these symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone else have the chest, breathing and stomach issues? I wake up feeling a bit shaky almost everyday.

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Have you gone for an exam? This could be hormonal, sugar levels or anxiety. You would need a exam to be sure.
  • Posted

All the time Diane its very common with anxiety

Stay Strongconfused

• Posted

I have already had one that was so bad I went to ee. It has been going on to some degree for about a decade. I just want to feel like myself. Without this pressure and stomach "bloat".
    • Posted

Acid reflux is a problem with anxiety as well.

I have had bloods ecg endoscope and ct scan for stomach problems and surprise surprise it all came back to anxiety

• Posted

I was on Prilocec or something like that for a year, then they thought it was my gall bladder so I had a whole CT scan ofy digestive tract and all they found was a distended stomach which doesn't help because it causes pressure I the chest area.

I think I was having anxiety for decades that only came up during certain things like heavy traffic at high speeds, flying etc. After lots of deaths in the family, my own heart blockage and more stress at work it has just exploded to the surface.

It does appear that The generic Celexa and Ativan are working to curb the worst right now.

• Posted

wow it sounds like you have been through your fair share of hard times. my first real anxiety attack was during the pregnancy of my now two-year-old daughter. I fall down a set of stairs triggered an awful anxiety attack and although I had no injuries and the baby was perfectly fine I have never been the same since. I have never had an anxiety attack quite like that one but now as I'm looking back I can see the symptoms of anxiety that I thought were other health problems that I have been having as well with my thyroid being on the low side and my hormone levels are down in the twenties where is a normal hormone level for a woman of my age is between 300 and 400. I am a single mom raising two young children and that in itself is stressful but very rewarding. the shortness of breath is an all-new symptom to me..and honestly I thought that it had something to do with all these recent health issues. but as I'm talking to you this morning I am really focusing on my breathing and only breathing through my nose and I have had absolutely no shortness of breath yet this morning. I am hoping that my Lamictal and low dose of Buspar will help me to get back on the right track again.
    • Posted

who knew that anxiety could cause so many health problems.living in a constant state of fear and stress can really take a toll on you. and it seems that anxiety and stomach related issues go hand-in-hand. I myself have ulcers and chronic constipation that is very bothersome at times and after reading some of the symptoms that other people have shared I'm starting to think that maybe my anxiety has something to do with it as well. it is so nice to find people to relate with as I don't have a very big support system as of now I wish you the very best and hope that we all can start feeling some relief from all these symptoms.
    • Posted

I have had depression for 16 years the anxiety only started in December I did not believe it was anxiety at first I took myself off to a and e twice because I thought I was having a heart attack or stroke it wasnt until I came onto forums like this that I realised I was not alone.

In all the years I have had depression I managed most of the time to hold down a job but I had to resign from work in Feb because I could'nt function.

Ive had a meds change and CBT and now I think Im coming out the other end hopefully

Take Carecool

• Posted

It is comforting knowing I am not alone, but I hate that anyone has to deal with anxiety and everything that comes with it.
    • Posted

I'm with you on feeling like the symptoms are that of something more serious. Its hard to believe that anxiety can make us feel so awful.I still struggle with thinking it a something more but that's when I have to remind myself that all test were normal. I'm glad your med change has been working for you. I'm In the midst of starting my lamictal and buspar again. Hoping for more relief.. reminds me of the old country song..to young to feel this old..lol
    • Posted

Our brains are just too powerful! Unfortunately they can work against us and we have to retrain them to work for us.
  • Posted

I am so glad you posted this as I'm new to the group and have been looking for answers.. I am a 29 year old female. Over the past week I have been experiencing shortness of breath. It came on very suddenly after a bike ride. It feels as though I'm not getting a satisfying Breath and that all day long I'm gasping for air. On day one after being extremely worried it was some serious health issues I went to the er and they ran an ex ray , checked for blood clots and did blood work. EEverything was normal. Day two was exactly the same no air..extremely scary. Day three I was trying to Google health problems that have shortness of breath as a Side effect..ya not a great idea. he weird thing is that at night I'm fine..I wake up full of air and feeling wonderful. It isn't until being up for a while conscious of my breathing that I have problems. I have come to the conclusion that it is in fact anxiety. So now what.. how can anxiety cause me to be short of breath? In my case I believe that I'm so hyperaware that I'm breathing and so fixated on breathing normally that I throw my normal breathing patterns out of wack. I have learned that when I over do myself and start trying to do to much during the day that I start breathing through my mouth and so I'm so out of breath. If I can constantly breath through my nose and jkeep my mind off of it by focusing my attention on other things I am fine! I stumbled across this video called the relationship between breathing and anxiety. Its on you tube the guy who does the video is Mr. Litman and after hearing about how mouth breathing can cause your anxiety levels to increase drastically I have been only breathing through my nose. At first I felt as though I wasn't getting enough air because I'm so used to taking deep breaths through my mouth. It actually 're trains your mind to breath the proper way. Please know hat I was basically in a panic mode the last week. Frantically searching for an answer and thinking there was something seriously wrong with me. It's always best to consult with your doctor to make sure that it is anxiety. I am now back on my 25mgs of lamictal three times daily. And I know now that I can control it by taking it easy and telling myself it is after all anxiety. Also there are some anxiety hotlines that helped me so much . A good listening ear will do wonders with bringing down your anxiety levels and helping you to center and gain control. I hope that you find help with your anxiety. Please keep me updated as to what you figure out.
    • Posted

I found the youtube and article by Dr. Litman and it was really informative. I starting doing some things around the house and realized I have been doing a LOT of mouth breathing. Wow. I am catching myself and will be focusing on breathing through my nose and see what happens with my anxiety! !
    • Posted

I didn't even realize that I was breathing through my mouth all the time. I was so used to my nose being stuffed up that I just breathe in my mouth all the time even when I'm asleep. it is the only thing that has kept me from having shortness of breath I also forgot to mention that prior to finding the video I had tried ProAir Albuterol inhaler, I tried using a nebulizer with Albuterol I also took some tablets to help open my Airways typically used for bronchitis and asthma nothing works even slightly. so I pray that this breathing technique continues to work for me because I know I cannot go back to being so short of breath every day like I was. I hope that it works for you too I've done research into anxiety and breathing and a lot of people have the shortness of breath for long periods of time but once you tell yourself that you can't breathe right it becomes something that you constantly think about so I'm glad that you found the video. please keep in touch and let me know how you're doing and I will as well
    • Posted

I will. I am always better at night and that is,when I am always nose breathing! !! Go figure.

Yes, let's keep in touch!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.