Does anyone else get this horrible exhaustion?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am clearly experiment as I am 53. I seem to have every symptom in the book aside from flashes. I do get very hot or cold though at times?

I am tired most of the time, although I do suffer depression, but the worse part is, I can be hit with the most horrible exhaustion at any given time. Without even being that physical. 

It happens a LOT when I go out. Or when I get dressed to go out. It can also just happen at home though. I think I feel it more when I am out since I just need to get the heck home. My partner says I look like a plug has been pulled out of me. Is this peri or the depression I'm so confused?

3 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

*experiment was supposed to read peri meno, the spell check changed it!
  • Posted

Hi callianne,

I think what you are describing is called crashing fatigue and it's horrible.

At its worst I didn't have the energy to walk anywhere without finding the nearest bench or café and I would haul myself up the stairs using the banister.

I'm a year older than you post by 3 years it had improved slightly before I began HRT but my worst time was about a year ago (2 years post).

I had depression also but I don't think the two are related as even on a good day with regards the depression I could still not manage a shopping outing with my daughter and had to give up and sit in a café and wait for her.

My daughter kept saying I'd lost my spark.

• Posted

That really hit a chord for me, 'lost your spark', that's how my significant other describes me. It's really hard. Did the HRT help? I am a bit scared to take it. (I'm scared of all pills/tablets etc.,) I seem to have everything aside from flashes (maybe they will come later when my period stops?). 

Thanks so much for your answers. One can feel so isolated in this.

• Posted

"Lost your spark"... that is the perfect description of how all of this feels.
    • Posted

Hi callianne,

My estrogen is bio identical gel so I just have to apply it to my skin every night. I do have to take progesterone for 12 nights a month.

I think I had 4 hot flushes.

What was happening to me is first every evening I felt too hot no matter how cold it was and then when my periods stopped within a few weeks hot all the time just cooking inside but never a sweat.

I still had to put covers on and off all night in the winter as I'd get cold. The last two summers no covers ever.

I think apart from hot flushes sweats and heavy periods (mine just seemed to get lighter as time went on) I had every other symptom beginning with insomnia sore breasts and what felt like morning sickness then depression anxiety and fatigue.

I have discovered I have an electrical problem with my heart Wolff parkinson white syndrome, very low b12 addressed with injections and an ongoing enlarged white blood cells issue that no one knows why I've been tested for blood cancer and things. I now need to have this checked once a year.

Also about halfway through peri cn11 cervical abnormality and I think the only reason I'm not refused HRT is because although unusual this got better on its own. It took several years reverting back to cn1 then borderline before getting the all clear. I have to get my smear done yearly.

The spark is not as bright but it's there again.

• Posted

Is bio identical offered on NHS, (I suspect not I must say)? That to me sounds better. I was just given progesterone and a vag insertion estrogen since I smoke. I thought perhaps it was not a great idea since it is a guessing game really? Gosh you sound as though you went through so much (hugs to you) xx
    • Posted

Hi callianne,

Yes mine is on NHS and I smoke and I have had pre cancer (cervical) cells.

I think they gave me it because I had done so much research. It's considered much safer than horse urine types.

I know the risks but so sick of feeling yuk all the time I really don't mind.

As I say taking just the HRT must be a lot better for me than a cocktail of psychiatric drugs anyway.

So I think I already said is oestrogel and Utrogestan.

• Posted

Hi callianne,i felt like this often the doc   had my electrolyts checked and  my vitamin d came back low , maybe get that checked i felt very down , since taking vit d3 and vit k and magnesium i feel like i have got or getting my spark back maybe you should get this checked good luck and hope it works x
    • Posted

yes I will. I am due to for a blood test, which I was avoiding as I'm Doctor phobic, but a few years ago I was noted as being low on Vit D. So this really could be an issue. Thank you for reminding me smile x
  • Posted

Hi Callianne,

yes I get this too.  I am 54 and hopefully out of this peri nightmare soon.  Had Hysterectomy 4 months ago but ovaries left in so still getting those hormone fluctuations and surges.  The crashing fatigue is horrible and  can be unpredictable as to when it hits.  I find most often when I run a few errands or am out doing something I'll suddenly feel mentally and physically exhausted and will have to come home, where I barely have the energy to sit on the couch or use my brain in a functional manner.  After about an hour of just sitting I can feel my energy levels coming back but I'm still tired for the rest of the day.  I will also have days where I'm just feeling wiped out and then that will get better and I'll have days where my energy feels normal.

Its very frustrating because I know I'm not the perky, energetic person I was 2 years ago and I feel bad for my loved ones who have to put up with this "alien" who has replaced me.

• Posted

Oh can so relate. I was telling my boyfriend that I yearn for the old me. The one that had energy that wore him out (he's so much younger than me and knew me then). I miss who I was, dynamic, energetic, full of fun, humorous as opposed to the exhausted crying bag of potatoes I am now. 

The funny thing is. We knew each other 10 years before we met. So he saw a great funny woman on the other side of the world, via cam. As soon as I arrived here, I went to seed. So sad really sad I told him I feel like I woke up with a different body too and I am trying to understand how to dress her loll. 

• Posted

AsAs a 40 year old bipolar woman I would say its Peri because although I struggle with depression I have been getting this exact exhaustion on and off for two months now. I have started taking woman's one a day vitamins and they have definitely helped with my energy !
    • Posted

I think if you have a problem whatever it is mental or physical. Peri will just amplify it.

Good multivitamin b12 and magnesium used to be what I found best.

• Posted

It's tough. I have mood swings to start off with now I have more! Today was a good day. I managed to do my one-mile walk, sit in the sun and generally had a great day. I guess we have to take it one day at a time.x
    • Posted

Goodness, today I'm lucky if I have the energy to walk to the mailbox at the end of the driveway.  So tired of having no energy....it just seems to make the other symptoms feel that much worse.   You are so right....one day at a time!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.