Does anyone else have physical anxiety symptoms all day long ?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Help! I’m literally loosing it I can’t drive I can’t go anywhere on my own I feel like I can’t do anything. I’m constantly feeling on the edge I feel so scared I panic everywhere I go. Someone please tell me what’s going on I feel like I’m going mad. I just wanna cry because I don’t know what’s going on with me 🙁. I’m experiencing anxiety symptoms 24/7 I feel so scared and nervous. I can’t help it. Does anyone know what this is? If so please help. 

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I had physical anxiety every day for a year if that helps make you feel any better. Only by a slow process of trialling CBT techniques to see what works and what doesn't, doctors running/ruling out tests that keep telling me i'm fine, cutting out some of the triggers (googling, symptom checking etc.) have managed to reduce alot of my physical symptoms i'd say by half. But mainly i'm training myself to accept that feeling nervous, on edge, having a high pulse, feeling like i've a knot in my chest etc. is just part of me and my own anxiety disorder.

If you've not already, speak to your doctor about your options for therapy and maybe medication in the short term (if you feel this is something that would be right for you)

The problem with mental illness is there are so many categories, it's impossible for any one person on this forum to say. Monophobia is the fear of being alone without either a specific person or someone in close proximity, which could relates to your anxiety going anywhere on your own. Alternatively if your fear is a result of feeling trapped or like there's no place to escape when you leave home or you're in a crowded space, it could be Agoraphobia. Or it simply could be that you're suffering from a severe anxiety disorder. Either way, you're not mad i assure you but you do need to discuss it further with your doctor if you can. Xx

• Posted

Everything u just explained I have/do it’s so nerve wrecking. I feel like his is honestly taking over me. I feel like I can’t even get on with my life and do my everyday usual activities/aarons. I feel like I need a lot of help but I just don’t know where to start or get it? The worst part about all this is panicking in public.. how do I cope with that? 
    • Posted

Have you started your counselling sessions yet? I know you've mentioned below your doctor referred you.

Start with going back to your doctor and discussing possible medication options in the short term to help take the edge off some of your symptoms.

If you feel a panic attack coming on in public, try taking yourself off to a quiet corner or location (if driving pull over where safe to do so) and practice deep breathing. Close your eyes if it helps. I usually find a public toilet so i can have some privacy whilst doing it. Most people have only shown concern if i've not been able to escape a crowded place when an attack comes on, and the rest ignore me which is fine as chances are i won't recall seeing them if i bump into them again. They're generally wrapped up in their own issues.

• Posted

Hi! So sorry to hear you are feeling like this. I have been feeling like this too for a couple of months. You aren’t going mad I promise even if it feels like it. Are you having head symptoms or body symptoms? 

Have you gone to a doctor or been on medication ever for anxiety?

You have to remind yourself that your brain is playing tricks on you even if you feel like it isn’t. 

I know it’s hard but you can do it! 

• Posted

Omg yes I have really bad body symptoms all day long the one that bugs me the most is that my heart is always racing or thumping I hate this it feels like my heart has a problem or something 😕 at times I think I have heart problems because it’s always there. Sometimes I just cry because I don’t know what else to do. And yes I have seen my dr but he hasn’t prescribed anything to me. He just sent me to counseling. 

• Posted

Some days I have the same feeling.. and some days only a few times a day. I have found that the more you are thinking about it the more I notice the symptoms. Are you on any sort of medication to help this?
    • Posted

Yes same here. The more I have my mind on it the more I feel the symptoms 😕 and no but I’m willing to give them a try at this point 

• Posted

That’s how I am.. the more I think about it the more I notice all of my symptoms. It’s hard to accept sometimes that anxiety is causing all of it.. trust me. I have found that keeping myself busy helps, but there is always that worry in the back of my mind, 

my dr has given me Zoloft and I have found that it helps me personally. I would recommend talking to your dr about the possibility of medication to at least get you through this.. if that’s something your wanting to do. I know I can’t speak for everyone but it has helped me.

• Posted

Is the medication really helping? If so how long have u been on it ? Have u seen a big difference? 
  • Posted

This started happening to me just over a month ago. The physical symptoms were so bad, loss of appetite ( lost a stone in 3 weeks ) achey muscles pretty much everywhere but mostly in shoulders and neck, heart palpitations, foggy head, constantly panicked and always waking up on high alert and just so weak. I was so emotionally drained it was horrible. I finally accepted I needed help and was put on 10mg citalopram for the anxiety. Today is day number 14 and it has already really helped me. Appetite is back, anxiety has reduced massively and the muscle pains have got a lot better to, heart palpitations practically gone. It’s still early days, but honestly it has really helped me. I have cognitive behavioural therapy starting Thursday and I think with both medication and therapy I’ll be able to get through this. 

Don’t be afraid to ask for help. There is far to much stigma attached to antidepressants which I unfortunately believed in before this happened to me. But now I feel so much differently about it. Anxiety is a horrible illness and sometimes we just need a little help to get the balance back. 

Hope you feel better soon xx

• Posted

I feel the same way. I feel physically and emotionally drained. I feel so weak and tiered. Like I’m barley getting by.. is the medication really helping u ? Have u seen a big difference? 
    • Posted

I personally have seen a large enough difference that it’s worth it, yes. They started me off on 0.25 mg Zoloft and I didn’t notice much, I asked them to increase it to 0.50 a week later and that’s when I began seeing a change. 
    • Posted

Personally I have. It can take up to 6 weeks to feel the full affects of this medication but in my experience I saw a gradual improvement from day 3. I am still experiencing some side effects, but they are easing off now. First week was worse. 

I was so unwell before I don’t think I could’ve felt any worse. 

Its absolutely debilitating anxiety, and if mine were to have continued in that way i would have become depressed and that is not like me. When I was at my worst I felt like I couldn’t cope. I felt like I was severely unwell and it would never get better. I kept saying “ I want to just but put in a coma until I’m better “ because it was so physically and mentally draining. 

I thought it was a bad idea going on medication before but know I think it was best. 

Cognitive behavioural therapy is great, and I would’ve liked to have managed a little longer and tried it before medication, but I just couldn’t. I was gravely Ill and would have just ended up in hospital. 

Get an appointment at your doctors. They will help you. That’s what they are there for. 

Cxxx always here if you need a chat. Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.