Does anyone else with hiatus hernia get weird sensation in throat?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I've read on here about people getting severe chest pains and aches and sore throats - I get the sore throats and sometimes feel like someone is standing on my chest - but by far the strangest thing is this feeling I get very often - nearly every day - which feels like someone has put a pipe down my throat and wedged it there (feels like the camera is down me in endoscopy again). I can swallow ok - it's just this heavy uncomfortable feeling?!

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have a constant sore throat, and wierd upper stomach discomfort. It constantly bothers, depresses me. I want to have hiatus hernia surgery to get rid of these symptoms.
    • Posted

Hi, I hope to get surgery myself. In fact I have manometry test and ph test next week before seeing surgeon in a couple of weeks time. I hope you can get yourself sorted too. It can be a bit of a curse!
  • Posted

I get the same sensation a few times a week.I put a hot water bottle on neck, under jaw. The feeling does go away.
    • Posted

Hi Keith,

It's quite reassuring to know that there are other people who feel the same sensations. I don't find warmth helps me so much and righf now I feel the sensations more as I have had to stop my meds before tests next week. Any way to find relief is good though!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.