Does anyone get severe burning, crawling, tingling pain.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was diagnosed with CS about 9 years ago after a trip on the stairs which

left me with neck and arm pain and bad headaches, at that time I was off

Sick from work for 11months. I had physio, medication etc but did

manage to get back to work. I was also diagnosed with secondary

Fibromyalgia.

Over the next 5years I managed my condition with regular Physio, I took up swimming. I was on 25mg of Amatriptyline at night and used codeine and paracetamol when my pain troubled me.

Then 2 years ago my mum was very ill and the stress flared up my pain,

I have pain in my head, face bones, neck, shoulders, between my

shoulderblades, sometimes radiating in to my arms and hands.Then

about 10 months ago I had a sciatica pain in my right legs went to a

Chiropractor with amazing results, I walked out with hardly any pain in my leg but she wouldn't touch my neck as there were too many

Contra indications..

A while later I started having hip pain and tripping over my own feet.

Then just when you think things can't get worse I have been suffering with

severe burning,crawling,tingling pain in my feet,ankles,calves,knees. When it gets severe it then spreads up into the rest of my body. It is always there.

I am on Amatriptyline 75mg at night,Tramadol, Paracetamol,Robaxin a

muscle relaxant and Oramorph but nothing seems to help,it just makes me drowsy. Oh yes I am also on Citalopram 40 mg as this constant pain

leaves me feeling very low and Depressed.

I had to stop driving 18 months ago as I was on Gabapentin then

Pregabalin and I have a constant fuzzy head with slow reactions and

didn't feel I was safe to drive.The side effects were too bad on those two meds so had to stop taking them.

I have hardly been able to go out anywhere because of pain, but now I am spending most of my time laying down as my pain increases if I'm on my

feet or sat up.I have an appointment at the Pain Clinic at the end of the

month but that seems a long long time when I am in so much pain.

I've made an appointment with my GP for Monday morning to see if he has any ideas of what I can try next.

I have a very supportive husband and family, without them I wouldn't be

able to go on.I am 57 but feel 107.

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Everyone,

I just can't thank you enough, you have helped me see some light at the end of this very dark tunnel.I know you will all be pleased to hear I managed to sleep for seven hours, Amazing!. Maybe it was the extra Amitriptyline tablet or just because I was worn out, probably a combination. I feel more positive this morning, I still have my pain but you have all given me hope. I've decided to reduce my Tramadol a little, I

know I have to do this gradually so I don't get withdrawal symptoms.I remember

someone told me that Tramadol works differently from other pain meds and can

lessen their affect, does any one know if that is right?. There is one thing I know

you will all agree with and that is that Gerry does Give some very good advice.

I'm thinking of booking an appointment with another GP and maybe ask for a

referral to a Neurologist.What do you think? Or should I wait for the Pain Clinic

appointment?.

I feel I am being quite selfish at the moment and not managing to give support to

yourself and others, but with your continued help and advice I know I can reach

that place.

BIG gentle HUGS to you all Sheila x.

• Posted

Hi sheila1

just read your post and pleased you managed to sleep!!! also good to hear that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.I would wait for the pain clinic and if that does not work you can always go for a referral to a Neuroligist. Dont feel that you are being selfish and that you cant give support to any one it is not really like that you need advice and help someone to talk to that is why we are here.You dont have to do anything just explain how you are feeling there is always somebody here to reply to you.Book an appointment with a new GP but try out the pain clinic.So you take care and keep postingsmile 

jeanette xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.