Does anyone have have the feeling they need to urinated a lot?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi, I'm new here, only found out yesterday that I have LS after years of going to the doctors about soreness and stinging in my lady parts. It makes me feel I need to go to the loo a lot does anyone else get this?

Also I see that a lot of you use Borax or baking soda in a spray bottle, in what quantities do you use it,? I'm scared to make it to strong. Where in the UK do you buy Borax or is it not available in the UK?

I want to thank all you ladies for sharing all your advise, so pleased I found this site.

I had not ever heard of this illness before yesterday, even though I lost My gran and my Grans sister to vulva cancer when I was in my early teens, I wonder if she had this illness too.

x

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes, I have had the need urinate frequently. I attribute it to two things. Sometimes it's simply an anxiety respeonse for me but I have times it's connected to an LS flareup in the clitoral area. (I think so anyway!). It's very frustrating. Mine comes and goes...

• Posted

Thank you for your reply Sandra, it drives me nuts the need or the loo. 

'As far as can see I don't have any white bits, I have all the other symptoms, so can it really be LS?

• Posted

I didn't have white skin for until many years of itching and then finally a diagnosis. So, yes, according to my experience it could still be LS.

• Posted

I wonder how old you are?  I'm post menopausal and for me the wanting to go to the loo frequently [having everything else checked out first] is being treated by low dose HRT pessariies.  But I also agree with what Sandra says below.  I think that LS gives rise to such feelings of discomfort and sensitivity that it can make you feel like you want to go to the loo even if you have just been.  I'll follow this thread with interest to see what others think.  Every best wish, Heather.

• Posted

I'm post menopausal too, that's what they kept telling me was wrong for years, but it just seemed to bad to be that. But when I got my diagnosis yesterday I had not heard of it before.

x

• Posted

I have got LS and that is now - finally - being properly treated.  But I was told that the 'wanting to go' thing was caused by lower vaginal atrophy which is why I'm having the HRT pessaries prescribed and it does seem to make a difference. 

• Posted

Yesterday they put on those pessaries too, so far had one long headache, I hope that won't be long term. How long does they take to make a difference? Do you the spray with Borax?

• Posted

JO,  did the HRT pessaries cause any burning with having LS.  I agree about atrophy with no oestrogen.  I need these but worry about the side effects.  Do they make you bleed as if having periods?  I know they only get absorbed in that area like cream HRT.  I've been told I need vagifem or some brand what has it been like for you?

• Posted

Just with plain water.  My doc has advised me against using Borax but I know that others on here are v positive about it.
    • Posted

Hi Sue, I'm using Vagifem 10 mg inserted with applicator, 2 to 3 times a week for 6 weeks.  Gynae reckons doing this even once a year or so will make a huge difference.  I've had no side effects at al - it's a low doseage and I feel comfortable about using, so I'd encorage you to have a go.

• Posted

Hi Jo,

thanks for for the quick reply.  I have first meno appointment at clinic tomorrow so I think they'll suggest it as I am atrophied there.  The consultant wrote to gp also saying I need it.  Did it hurt putting it up there, personal question I know just things are a bit sore atm.  So after six weeks when will you use it again?  Are there different doseage?  Just need info for tomorrow that's all.  I would worry using it then get side effects on top of L S?

• Posted

Jo do you get pain when you insert the pessarie? I find it very uncomfortable firstly around the opening then again at the end.
    • Posted

No, it didn't hurt but possibly because both the inserter and the pessary are both very much smaller and more narrow than anything prescribed previously.

• Posted

Hi Heather, I have a bath first in order to relax and the put in the inserter towards the back rather than front of vagina and was pleasantly surprised because I'd expected it to be tricky but it wasn't.  NB size is 10 micrograms which is probably smaller than other types? 

• Posted

PS Sue, the idea is to do it for six weeks each year, or more if continues to be a problem.  I get the general idea that they want me to be more able to decide myself when to use.
    • Posted

Oh ok if I have to have this I'll mention all this as I would end up with the usual prescribed one size fits allrolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.