Does anyone have have the feeling they need to urinated a lot?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi, I'm new here, only found out yesterday that I have LS after years of going to the doctors about soreness and stinging in my lady parts. It makes me feel I need to go to the loo a lot does anyone else get this?

Also I see that a lot of you use Borax or baking soda in a spray bottle, in what quantities do you use it,? I'm scared to make it to strong. Where in the UK do you buy Borax or is it not available in the UK?

I want to thank all you ladies for sharing all your advise, so pleased I found this site.

I had not ever heard of this illness before yesterday, even though I lost My gran and my Grans sister to vulva cancer when I was in my early teens, I wonder if she had this illness too.

x

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I can comment on frequent urination. Yes, I go a lot, but if I don't drink coffee or tea, not as much, much less irritation, especially coffee..the acid irritates an already inflamed area. Plus constricts the urethra, which makes more pressure, and having to go more.

• Posted

Hi Cynthia, that sounds good advise, I must try and drink more water. I try not to drink so I don't have to go, but I think that might be a bad idea..lol

• Posted

Within my experience it was clearly related.  Especially when fusing started to happen around that area.  Somehow it triggered bladder infections as well.  Drinking sufficiently remains important. 

Next to that I spray after every bathroom visit either with baking soda ( three to four pinches in a Perin bottle with pleasantly warm water)  or with borax ( three pinches)

?Plus I take baking soda (1/3 cup) or borax baths (1/6 cup)  baths and soak in it till the water cools off too much. (every other day) The bathing keeps LS in other areas in check as well.  ?Good maintenance is important. 

?Next to diet:  no sugar, no alcohol, no caffeine are my big ones;  gluten free and almost dairy free, except for a good quality yoghert (small amount)  Any time I take it a little easier with my diet I get punished and LS starts to act up. 

?Wishing you well.  It's not easy to get into a new routine with your LS.  But in the end you more or less 'winn'.

• Posted

I'm starting to change my diet but I do like a cup of tea or 3...lol and chocolate. 

'I'm trying the bathroom routine, early days yet to see if it will help.

Thank  you for your help and advise much appreciated 

• Posted

Heather, everything that Hanny said about diet is vitally important. For most of us we learned the hard way. We all like all the things we have had to give up, as far as eating and drinking....but when you see how your body reacts, and the further suffering it causes, you get to the point where you gladly go without because it is just not worth it! As far as water is concerned, it is important to drink a lot because it dilutes the urine, so it doesn't burn as much, but above all keeps us from getting infections. Many of us also find that using unscented huggies wipes keeps us clean, after bowel. movements, and this will also keep.bacteria awAy from urethra, thus keeping infection away..Baking soda spritz's after urination has antibacterial properties, so that helps too.

• Posted

Are unscented  Huggies OK then? I've kept away from anything like that, but they would sure be useful. I feel a bit dumb, why does giving sugar up help down below? I'm sure I should know this...lol

• Posted

Hi Heather, Unscented huggies just helps to keep bottom clean. I have not had any problem. Not to use in vaginal area. Just blot mentally with unscented toilet tissue after urination, and spray. I use spring water in my little bottle, and carry in purse. Spring water is good because it has no chlorine . As far as sugar, we all seem to have this common thread. Intolerance for sugar. We don't know why, but maybe, like a diabetic, we can't process to well. Many of us have thyroid disease, and that can affect other endocrine functioning, such as how our pancreas processes sugar. Hope that gives you a better understanding.

• Posted

Do you add anything to the water?

I too have thyroid, I wonder how many of us do, do we know this?

• Posted

I don't, but many people to add a pinch of baking soda, found in the grocery, in baking section. Not sure about how many have thyroid issues but it has been mentioned numerous times. Mine is HASHIMOTOS thyroiditis, an auto immune disorders. I take thyroid supplement .

• Posted

An under active thyroid that should say..lolĀ 
    • Posted

This should prob be a separate thread but does your thyroid supplement help?
    • Posted

Hi , yes I also have an underactive thyroid,

I was diagnosed at 28,with that,

I am now 52,was diagnosed just before Christmas, with lichen's,

Yet been suffering for years, I had never heard of it

Still in shock,

This forum saves you,

Xxxx

• Posted

Yes I always feel like I have a water infection when I have a flare, I used to get it tested but was always negative so I do think it's part of LS. I was diagnosed by biopsy as I don't have any white areas. I haven't had any fusing but I've lost structure and I have quite significant shrinkage. My symptoms were extreme itching and very red purple areas and bruised easily during normal sex. I'm perimenapausel im hoping it will improve when I complete the menapause. Food and drink especially wine 🍷 give me problems I'm also fructose intolerant. So diet is important. This is a great group

With great information and advice xx

• Posted

oh Justine yours sounds just the same as mine to the letter. I haven't had a biopsy he felt sure it was without one, but I have to go back in 8 weeks and if the treatments haven't helped then I have to have one 😭 Not looking forward to that. Only just had the stitches out on my leg for squamous cell cancer, so the thought of stitches down there scare me a bit. 

• Posted

Hi heather,

you poor thing.  No one is as big baby as me.  I mean I had gas and air for vulvar biopsy at xmas I feel stupid now about it.  The stitch was one each area and dissolved after ten days.  I have to have more biopsies I'm just waiting for appointment but I guess at least I know more now.

• Posted

Hi if you can avoid a biopsy, avoid it. They will give you a local anaesthetic but it's just not very nice and takes some time to heal.

But on the upside you get a confirmed diagnosis x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.