does anyone have these symptoms?

Posted , 103 users are following.

Hi there

I have always had a bit of a dodgy stomach but for the past year or so i have been diagnosed superficially with oes reflux

I get worried that there missing something

i get pulsing in my stomach which radiates up my chest to my head so my whole body pulses, i get dizzy and my legs sometimes fell weak and that i'm walking like the man in the mr soft advert!!

the worse is the breathing, its like i can't get air in my lungs, like something is pushing up from my diaphram and pushing the air out and then like someone has there hands on my neck, i have to lie down and breath no matter what i'm doing as i feel i might pass out, i also get very itchy like i'm uncomfatable in my own skin!

CAN IT REALLY BE THIS BAD. cause if it is i can live with it, but i'm so scared its something else and i'll be found dead from a heart attack or something (i'm 35 years by the way)who will look after me dogs then LOL

any response appreciated, just want to know that i'm not alone!!

cheers

11 likes, 167 replies

167 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Got diagnosed with acid reflux three months ago, got many of your symptoms. just started to feel better in the last few weeks! Your note alone mate. Im 32 and thought i could eat and drink anything untill christmas. In January I thought i was going to drop dead with it, the best advice i could give you is to slowley change your life style (diet) and start to think posative. The best thing to remember is that lots and lots of people have this and simpley learn to live with it... Once you go down that road you WILL start to feel better. All the best mate, John.
    • Posted

Hello i also have the same symptoms as you have, and as for taking honey and that its a load of crap sorry too say....
    • Posted

I have the same symtoms, but has been diagnosed as Emphysema, but as I have suffered with severe heartburn for many years, and I sometimes cannot talk, and sometimes I lose my voice, I think it is something to do with my throat, as I have had 3 major surgeries for disection of the Intestine also removal of the Gall Bladder,  due to Crohns disease and I have been severely breathless now for 4 years, limited me much of anything, I have no quality of life.
    • Posted

Hello, I have also been going through these symptoms. I have had dizziness that comes from the back of my head, bad acid reflux, pain in my chest, shoulders, and back, weakness in legs, palpitations, sinus problems, pulsating through my body, muscle spasms, and fatigue. I don't know why all of a sudden I have been experiencing all of this. This has been going since mid octobe of 2016 and I have been in and out of doctors offices and emergency rooms but all anyone can tell me is that it is GERD and they give me prescriptions for it but none of it seems to work. I admit I have been a little better compared to how I was last month but my quality of life has declined a bit and has made it a little difficult to do my job everyday. I am barely 27 and I am overweight and thought it might be because of that but this is just extreme. I just want to live a happy normal life and want to start a family soon without experiencing all of these symptoms and being knee deep in medical bills. If anyone knows out there what this could be at all please let me know. Thank you.

• Posted

Hi. You are having the same symptoms has me.

I'm 56 been on lansoprosole on and off for years,

Only supposed to be short term because of the side effect

I took myself off them what the point in taking a drug if they arnt doing any good.

My symptoms still remain and they scare me silly

Palputations. Chest crushing pains, pain under my ribs.

Feeling of a lump in my throat, dizzy spells, dull headache mainly

At the back of my head, backache, iv tried to control it with diet

Iv stopped smoking. Stopped drinking, if I do have one I suffer.

No chocolate, only drink water or herbal tea. Don't know what to do anymore, Anxiety remember makes acid reflux worse, but

when you get all of these symptoms you carnt help getting

anxious. It's a vicious circle. I feel your pain. But your not alone if that helps you.

• Posted

all i can say is we have same problem that you all experience right now. and try this im sure it will help you alot and possible to solve your health issue.

first you need to detox.

try this!

Prime Start Pack with bios life aloe vera (Paraway plus 120s, Bios Life Aloe 30s, LiFiber 30s, Probionic 30s,) it will clean your intire gut.

your detox will last 30 days, but after 11 days of detox just add this bios life Slim & Bios Life C & Legend tea and also Chlorophyll. all of the product i mention above is the product of UNICiTY. and also if you can add double stemcell by phytoscience. just try that all i've said and you will say thank you to me.. smile mine i experience morethan yours i think. because i already experience breathlessness but now im back to may normal quality life after all the process.

• Posted

I think one thing trigger my GERD is stress and skipping breakfast and antibiotic. Last Dec.11 I couldn't breath well and we went to the doctor and he just gave me antibiotic because he thinks something is blocking my veins. It's difficult for the doctors to diagnose Gerd. Until I went to another doctor and he said I have GERD. Since I felt something stuck in my throat and my tonsils are swollen he prescribed again another antibiotics and a lot more that really made my feeling worst. Even riding on a motorcycle I couldn't breath. That's really terrible. I couldn't eat rice because it seems it's not passing through my esophagus. I took omeprazole for a month and esomeprazole for 56 days, supposedly but I decided to stop it's because I was experiencing constipation. I think those medicines not helping me at all.So I decided to take organic medicine and of course manage stress and physical exercise.

• Posted

Hi Christine91992 , I've come across this in desperation. My symptom are exactly like yours & I'm only 32.. Have you got any further in finding out what's wrong. When I've spoke to my doctors about breathing problems she just said 'oh I don't know what that could be ' My bloods normal , chest X-ray normal but do have a small hiatus hernia , surly that can't cause all this!!!

• Posted

It could if it's a sliding hiatus hernia. 

• Posted

Hi dasuperrnc , yes That's what I have , how can it cause so much trouble ? The worse is the tight feeling I can't breath..

• Posted

I understand this is part of your stomach that slides up into the esophagus and the acid can cause shortness of breath, heart beat can race, or palpitations can be felt.  Not sure this is all your trouble, but it can cause enough. 
    • Posted

I'm 46 feel the same as you. Started off as shortness of breath(like an anxiety attack) after a week started getting heartburn and acid reflux. It's been 2 months and I can barely walk around the block! I use to play tennis for 4 hrs at a time 3-4 times a week on top of cantructiin work!

Are you any better?

• Posted

Hi frank93814 sorry to here you feel like this , I know how you feel, I have days where I suffer all day or days where it's just a little .. Have you been to your doctors ? Just to get a basic check over .. I have a hiatus hernia , but have just received my results from another ultra sound & there looks like these something on my gallbladder? Go back for another ultra sound in about 3/4 weeks the doctors just keeps saying these wouldn't cause these symptoms tho .. It's just such a pain not knowing ..

• Posted

Had an endoscopy and being diagnosed with a weak schinter and this causes acid reflux to go up to my throats and bitter taste in my mouth been given lansoprazole but don't want to start because of the long term effects have tried slippery elm but not much use can you tell me what the medicine you have that helped

• Posted

Dear Mark 71859,

I have all the same symtoms as you have had, and as I live in Queensland Australia, I am wondering how I can get these supplements.

Can you please help me?

• Posted

Hi Christine

How have you been doing since you posted this? Your post caught my attention and those are the exact symptons that im ecpetiencing, especially dizziness that comes from back of head. Im windering if its gerd, How have you been making with it

• Posted

Hi Carolyn....Could you please tell me what the medicine is that you are taking for GERD. Did it help you?

Thanks Kay!

• Posted

Hello Mark,

I would like your advice as to where I can get the products as i live in Australia and I have the severe breathlessness, cant walk far without sitting down, and burning throat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Posted

Hi Frank,

I have been suffering with this Breathlessness for around 5 years now, cant walk far without having to sit down and I also have a burning throat, I used to eat Late at night in bed, so thought that may have caused it, but have not stopped eating late now, and still have burning throat and breathlessness, it is making me very depressed as i am becoming very restricted in my life. Have you had any relief Frank? I live in Queensland Australia.

• Posted

I have all of your symptoms too. Have you had your thyroid checked because all of mine started when I entered perimenopause and was diagnosed with a low thyroid. never had any problems with acid reflux until then and from what I have read acid reflux can be triggered by perimenopause and thyroid problems. Hope this helps :-)
    • Posted

Hi Carolyn I have been reading your post and am very interested which medicine was recommended to you? What do you mean by not Synthetic? Had gerd for over a year and none of my medication has helped, been on omeprazole, lansoprazole Pantoprazole and Peptic, had upper endoscope two month back and he said I have a very small hiatus hernia and told me to continue Omeprazole! I am my witts end now so hope you will reply 🤔

• Posted

Would love to know the medicine you was advised to take that helps gerd that you say is amazing 
    • Posted

Hi Lynn I'm in same position as you regarding taking omperazole nothing helps my dr said I have gastritis by just pressing my stomach n under ribs how are you doing now, I'm at my wits end too. 

• Posted

Hi. Is that true? I be struggling with gerd symptoms for 7 months straight and also getting headache dizzy recently also this crazy jumping samsation inmy chest or stomach comes and goes but never left. I hate this so much.  I would be so happy if you know something can help stopping it all. Please let us know ! biggrin). Thanks. 
    • Posted

Hi. A doctor friend told me the reason I can’t breath with gerd is that my esophagus is inflamed so it’s swolllem and that will squeeze on its neighbor respiratory track so it get smaller space to breath. After I heard this I got so much relive instead of worrying I would die from breathlessness. Hope this help and I hate the fact that many doctors think I’m crazy to ask them why I can’t breath and why I have jumping stomach. Seriously they should know. 
    • Posted

Hi. A doctor friend told me the reason I can’t breath with gerd is that my esophagus is inflamed so it’s swolllem and that will squeeze on its neighbor respiratory track so it get smaller space to breath. After I heard this I got so much relive instead of worrying I would die from breathlessness. Hope this help and I hate the fact that many doctors think I’m crazy to ask them why I can’t breath and why I have jumping stomach. Seriously they should know. 
    • Posted

Hi Jinglinn you are definately not crazy! I have this jumping stomach also, and the nausea. It does get to you. If i eat it jumps as soon as food hits if i dont eat it jumps. Just moving around or getting out the shower makes it jump. I dont know if thw stomach is irritated or what causes it. I was diagnoised with gerd abd gastritis along with a hiatial hernia. This is very frustrating, i understand how you feel. It also makes anxiety comes on. Do you ever get the anxiety or nervousness with it?
    • Posted

Yeah. Of course I do. I have gerd only so far but it was super severe at the beginning and I couldn’t breath and it came on jumping in my chest so hard that I thought I was dying. And very slowly it became softer jumping but now I still can feel it especially lying down. It went away for two or three times not completely my ear was jumping a little still the funniest thing that when I was at er. Doctor gave me tranquilizer and that how they calmed me down so for 7 months I thought that was anxiety. Until I went to gastroscope recently. This has been a long journey. But honestly I hope some one can tell me exactly why it jumps. 
    • Posted

Hi.  Would you please let me know what medicine did you take that helped you got rid of gerd?  I have symptoms pretty much gone except the pulsing I my stomach   . I m really curious if you have anything that work like magic so I can eat and drink like before. Lol
    • Posted

Just a wild thought -- the pulsing might be due to a neurological problem. Why don't you get checked out by a neurologist and/or physical therapist to rule out a pinched nerve or poor posture as a possible trigger of acid reflux? Google "poor posture and acid reflux" and you'll be surprised by the connection between the two.

• Posted

Hi,

I know my reflux was caused by bad eating habits and anxiety.  Also the neurologist said I was good and the test only showed my left side nerves are more sensitive but that’s all.   Sigh.  

• Posted

But just wondering is there any chance of the hyperemia in my esophagus caused this ?  Although my doctor friend thinks it’s like eyelid jumping. Which like you said neurological problem 
    • Posted

Well, I wouldn't know about hyperaemia, but another thing that comes to mind is food intolerance/allergies. Have you been tested for gluten and/or dairy allergies? A friend of mine solved her years-long stomach issues (cramping, pulsing and pain) just by eliminating trigger foods.

• Posted

Jinglinn,i know right. When i asked my gastro dr. why it jumps he looked at me like i was crazy. I told my chiropractor and he said it could be the vagus nerve thats doing it because its connected to mainly everything. When its damaged or ittitated it can cause symptoms. You may want to read about vagus nerve. Also I know when i was getting my back adjustments done it seem to help so i will be starting it again on this week.

• Posted

Oh I see. Yeah the nerves keep getting stimulated when I eat especially meds or Supplements. Let me know when you fix this jumping thing !! I can’t let it go on forever. 
    • Posted

Hiya, can you please tell me what this medicine is? has it worked for you?

?Thanks

• Posted

Hi Carolyn

I am suffering from GERD for few years and lately is getting worse. I come a cross on your email to Christine where you mention that you have used some medicine which really help you and your friend. I was wondering if you can tell me which medicine is that. I will be grateful, and am ready to try anything. 

thanks

• Posted

Hi this is a little late And I hope that you found a solution but if not try taking iron and B12 acid reflux medications cause deficiencies in the Vitamins in our bodies! Good luck hope that helps and I hope that you’re feeling better
    • Posted

Hi did you get any replies about your medication, I have your symptoms and been on exact medication which is not working, was diagnosed with small hiatus hernia too, I know the feeling of being at witts end and it’s very scary! Hope you are better and can help with any suggestions thanks 🤔

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.