does anyone have these symptoms?

Posted , 103 users are following.

Hi there

I have always had a bit of a dodgy stomach but for the past year or so i have been diagnosed superficially with oes reflux

I get worried that there missing something

i get pulsing in my stomach which radiates up my chest to my head so my whole body pulses, i get dizzy and my legs sometimes fell weak and that i'm walking like the man in the mr soft advert!!

the worse is the breathing, its like i can't get air in my lungs, like something is pushing up from my diaphram and pushing the air out and then like someone has there hands on my neck, i have to lie down and breath no matter what i'm doing as i feel i might pass out, i also get very itchy like i'm uncomfatable in my own skin!

CAN IT REALLY BE THIS BAD. cause if it is i can live with it, but i'm so scared its something else and i'll be found dead from a heart attack or something (i'm 35 years by the way)who will look after me dogs then LOL

any response appreciated, just want to know that i'm not alone!!

cheers

11 likes, 167 replies

167 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

So sorry to hear your troubles.

I would advise two things:

Pure Aloe vera juice - twice a day

Manuka Honey - as higher factor as you can buy but definitely 10+.

take care and god bless

xx

• Posted

How does manuka Honey help? Here are my issues: I was diagnosed with acid reflux, Gerd, A hiatal hernia and barretts esophagus, which is a pre cancer. Barretts esophagus is caused by acid reflux. I often feel as if food is lodged right below my breast bone after I eat and I constantly feel the burning sensation come up in my throat and my biggest problem most recently is continuous burping. The burping is all day long no matter what I eat or drink . Changed my diet drastically and it has done absolutely nothing to the point where even water gives me the same symptoms. I am losing my mind I have tried everything thats over the counter and nothing works. When I lay down I feel like it's coming up in my throat when I sit down I feel extremely bloated and full of air all the time when I am trying to be intimate with my husband I feel like I can't breathe because of the continuous burping and full feeling and then the burning in my throat .....I refused the surgery to repair maya sophagus because that would be three and a half months of a liquid diet and I could not bear to endure that at 41 with 3 kids and two jobs ....One with your suggestions please help me ....I am currently on a new prescription called dexolant Is $350 for 30 days supply which is the newest medication on the market and it does not Work either...HELP

• Posted

I have just had 2 mouthfulls of pure Aloe eradicate in the last 2 hours, I will have to

Get some manuka honey and Milk Thistle capsules, see if it helps, I am finding that The breathless is making it almost impossible to walk finding are do muc

Thankyou so much for your help.

REGARDS

CARMEN MIRANDA

• Posted

Hi,

Not sure if you have found anything that wields but your symptoms sound exactly like my dad's and he ended up with a bad heart. Not to scare you but you might want to check down that road. He ended up having quadruple bypass and hasn't had any symptoms since. God's luck to you.

• Posted

we have the same issue burping all day long, the reason why is the bad bacteria was over growth than good bacteria because of acid buil up. i take also antacid meds, proton pumps, but it not help it worsen my acid reflux and burping all day long. the one that helps me the product of unicity their probionics for good bacteria increase for better digestion and their legend tea to normalize your acidity and chlorophyl powder to remove acids from your blood. hope this will help you coz we have same issue it helps me alot.
    • Posted

and do a colon cleans first. you can start with their clearstart.
    • Posted

That's what I'm really worried about too. Was it caused by the acid at all?

• Posted

How did he find out that he had a bad heart? Did he have ekgs done? His arteries were clogged or not working the way they should have I'm assuming because of the bypass surgery he needed......but how did he initially find out that it was his heart and not gerd or acid reflux? I'm just curious because I have some of these symptoms and I'm only 29. 😪

• Posted

Hello Carmen I too have been suffering on and off with terrible Gerd and was put on the Protein Pump Inhibitors, However a few days in I noticed My breathing had become really bad and I started to swell up from fluid retention so I quickly realised I was having a reaction to them at the time I was given 30mg per day. I went to my GP who tried me on other brands but the same thing happened I asked could I take a lower dose of 15mg and she agreed but asked me to take one twice a day and it really helped with the fluid and the breathing so have a word with your Dr and see will that help. It really is a horrible disease and my symptoms are caused by inflammation of the stomach which is caused by Heart medicine I have to take. I now eat a very bland diet and only small meals but more often, I find a slice of lemon in warm water really helps when the acid boils up and honey eases my throat when it gets inflamed. Do be sure to get your magnesium levels checked as they can go very low when on these tablets in fact long term they actually cause lack of absorption of mineral and vitamins in the stomach. I now take them only when things get bad and to stop my stomach getting too inflamed. For anyone with a hernia learn to sip your drinks and eat really slowly as even water if gulped will open it and allow acid escape I learned the hard way. Walking is a great way to relax and it helps the food to digest, also be very aware of the way you sit as being hunched certainly sets off mine. I know it is a lot to take in but bit by bit it will become second nature to you and also be very careful of what is in your medicine and even OTC ones plus additives in some foods set off mine. The stress is the biggest problem as sometimes you have no control over it but remember a bout of reflux only lasts for a while although it seems like forever and you are not alone. 

• Posted

I have been on PPIs since the fall and they have not helped me at all. I have had bad heartburn and nausea for weeks now, suffering for months but the last couple of weeks have been awful. Lately my breathing has been terrible, starting to scare me. When I asked my GI they said they didn't know of a connection between my GERD and asthma. That surprises me. I have an appt with my pulmonologist in another week but that didn't sit right with me because I it was my understanding that GERD absolutely makes asthma worse. MY abdominal/pelvic ct scans were clear but waiting for endo and colonoscopy in Nov to find the source of this wicked onset, basically all heartburn/nausea, all the time.  Last endo 2 years ago showed Hiatal hernia and gastritis. Dr wont change meds until new tests done, but these are certainly not really helping. Sorry to hear your troubles, I am definitely eating slower and will sip water. Magnesium is something I didn't know about but will look into for sure. 

• Posted

Dear John,

I am sorry but I have only just found yourout and thankyou very much for it. I have been really bad the last week John, my throa5 was coming in waves with an unbearable burn, I went to the Doctor, gave me antibiotics they didn't help at all, however I continued to research the Internet and saw someout mentioning Aloe vera and honey, and praise the Lord it has helped me greatly. I don't know if it will help my breathing just yet, as I haven't walked very far, but years ago I suffered with chronic laryngitis, and loss of voice, perhaps the gerd may have affected my vocal cords, causing my breathless, instead of the verdict of Emphysema the doctors have given me.

• Posted

Hi Hazileyes

Just how long have you had gerd and Barretts Esophagus?

• Posted

Thanks joan

for your help, but I am having the breathlessness and burning throat all the time but the Aloe vera is helping.

I think it is LPR, silent reflux, I am now using a wedge pillow and drinking heaps of Aloe vera and taking ranitidine

• Posted

Hi Carmwoman, I have been having breathlessness mainly when i.wake up in the morning. It feels like something is stuck and preventing me inhaling a full breath. If that makes any sense or not. It happens throughout the day also. In my case i have gerd (hiatal hernia).

• Posted

Hello Mary,

I have the breathless problems and a sore painful throat all the time, I have had reflux for a long time, now that I have done a lot of research I believe I have LPR (silent reflux) sounds like you could have it too Mary. I have bought a wedge pillow now and so my head is higher in bed, and taking Aloe vera and cider vinegar, and hopefully that will help me, and you.

Carmwoman.

• Posted

Hi Joan,

I live in Australia, can i ask where you live Joan.

I am really getting housebound now Joan, and I live alone apart from my little dog, I have tried nearly every natural treatment I can think of with some relief, such as Aloe Vera Juice, Apple Cider and Honey, sometimes Chlorophyl, but the breathlessness is still there and I am very restricted in going anywhere without stopping to sit down and rest, and catch my breath.

I would like to hear from you again Joan.

Cheers,

Carmen

• Posted

Carmen, I came across your story a few minutes ago and it seems that we are battling the same issue. I too have been severely breathless to the point that I am now homebound. The doctors say that I have asthma but it just doesn't make much sense to me since I have trouble getting breath in, not out, whereas folks with asthma tend to have trouble breathing out. I have ever burning in my stomach

I've been on multiple ppi's and otc stomach meds to try and rule out gerd as a factor in this. I also recently had a broncoscopy in which the doctor found redness and inflammation in my bronchioles but he couldn't give me a reason why I would have this. My only guess is reflux. Hopefully the Lord will hear our desperate cries and intervene soon!!! Hang in there sweetie.

• Posted

Try eat some steam buns (Chinese ) when you get the acid. Or replace it with bread pasta noodles I guess? It helps absorb the acid. Also did you try aloe Vera or apple cider vinegar ? 
    • Posted

Hi Hazeleyes how long have you been suffering with this and how long before they found out you had Barrett? I can pm you something that may help..it helps me alot but i am very bad about not being consistent with it.
    • Posted

Hi everyone I have acid reflux and after having endoscopy a few months ago was diagnosed with small hiatus hernia, I never have pain but often sick with the reflux, does anyone get a horrible load of excess salivia in mouth? I haven’t read any of 

the comments saying they do! If so can someone tell me what takes it away, my doctor says gerd! I am on 20mg of Omeprazole and peptac twice daily! It is not working! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.