Does anyone know what "FLEXISEQ and its "ACTIVE INGREDIENT", SEQUESSOME", is?

Posted , 45 users are following.

Both are trade mark names. It is a cream meant to relieve painful joints but it is extremely expensive. Before I go out and buy it I would like to know a bit more about it. I am male, 72 years, in overall reasonable health.

1 like, 125 replies

125 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Here's what their blurb says :

"FLEXISEQ™ is an aqueous gel packed with microscopic spheres called Sequessome™ vesicles. These spheres are made of molecules called phospholipids which naturally occur in the body and variants of which contribute to the lubricating properties of synovial fluid.

In addition, Sequessome™ vesicles are highly flexible and compressible which increases their lubricating ability."

And...

"After FLEXISEQ™ is applied to the skin, the water-based gel begins to dry which triggers the activity of the Sequessome™ vesicles contained within.

A Sequessome™ loves to be surrounded by water and as the water in its surrounding gel evaporates, it seeks out the next closest source of water – below the skin. The super-flexibility of the micro-spheres allows them to squeeze easily between skin cells and travel gently along the natural spaces found between them.

A layer of FLEXISEQ gel contains millions of Sequessome™ vesicles and this great volume of spheres entering the skin drives those already inside even deeper. Subsequently, Sequessome™ vesicles continue travelling to beyond the skin, through underlying tissues and into joints where they populate the watery environment of the synovial fluid."

Continues...

"The Sequessome™ vesicles contained within the joint capsule are attracted to the cartilage and accumulate on the damaged cartilage surfaces creating a “film” of lubricating phospholipids.

Through this action, Sequessome™ vesicles replenish the depleted layer of lubricants otherwise found on healthy cartilage, resulting in proven pain relief and reduction of joint stiffness. Longer term, further deterioration of the cartilage may be slowed."

It all sounds plausible cheesygrin

• Posted

hi i am a bit confused about not applying it over the bone thats fine for the knee or hips elbows etc but what if its in your neck and travels down the back between your shoulders . is it not meant for that area .

i will still give a try for my hips and knees , i have fibro and the pain is awful 

• Posted

Hi Benny,

Thanks for your comments. I have that same blurb, Yes, it sounds plausible but they are salesmen. What I want to know is what is the active ingredient in flexiseq english, sequessome is their trade name for it.

It's £18.00 for a tube and I want to be reasonably sure that it is going to work for me.

• Posted

It has all the ingredients listed on the tube I have since found out! All look pretty regular not that I fully understand still what's in it but it's there!
  • Posted

Oh sorry (about repeating the blurb) redface There is no active ingredient smile
  • Posted

The stuff isn't a medicine smile
  • Posted

No man, don't apologize, you were trying to help. I didn't realize the distinction of it not being a medicine. It's just that the blurb makes it sound too good to be true. I mean, if it's that good, why hasn't my GP suggested it.?

Thanks for your help anyway.

• Posted

The blurb is not too good to be true, it actually does exactly what it says as per a previous e mail I have just posted, which has not yet appeared on the forum. It simply is an amazing product. I no longer have any pain in my hands or fingers. Sylvia
    • Posted

Hi William,

It is not classed as a medicine, as it has no drugs in it. It has no painkiller, and works by replacing naturally occuring phospholipids in joints.

For this reason, it can take a while to notice any effects, and some people (perhaps through lack of commitment to using the product correctly) claim that it makes no difference at all. These reasons, plus the price of the item may be why your GP would be reluctant to recommend the product.

As this is a new product and completely unique technology, there isn't yet much evidence to say how "good" Flexiseq really is, but I agree with Benny, it does sound plausible and, especially if used at the early signs of osteoarthritis, could well help to prevent joints from getting worse, if not help the pain and movement to get better.

I hope this information is of some use to you.

- Mistrys Pharmacy

• Posted

Hi Sylvia l have just purchased this cream also  for my hand as l do a lot of knitting sewing and embroidery and lately it has been very painfull and l am just wondering about the application of putting the cream on do you just apply it in a line and let it dry any help you or anyone else could give would be appreciated kind regards Pat
  • Posted

Would I smear this nano-particle stuff onto my skin question Absolutely not cheesygrin
    • Posted

Ref. Flexiseq.  Unless myou have tried this medication, you can't make a judgement. Personally it has worked wonders for me.

Sylvia76794

• Posted

I'm glad it's worked wonders for you but as far as I'm comcerned the stuff is potentially harmful smile 
    • Posted

For all I know its constituents - which seem to require the practice of orwellian doublethink to comprehend - could migrate to and accumulate in major organs and so potentially become a cause of disease smile
    • Posted

Thank you Benny Blanco.  I had thought of this possibility myself so have been cautious.  We could do with some proper Medical Research to be carried out on this stuff before we all go happilly  applying it to our poor joints.  It's widely available in the chemists here in UK, so one presumes it has been approved by some body or the other somewhere.
    • Posted

And that's assuming that these magic vesicles are even able to pass through the skin smile Man it's just complete and utter cobblers lol redface
    • Posted

I have to say that I wish they would use plain English, or German wink as I don't understand what they mean about the seqes...technology, however it is not a drug if you look at their website so doesn't come under the same rules and regulations. However it is working for me and there are no side affects or none have been reported. All the same an explanation of what is actually In it might be good! I am a vegetarian and concerned about animal testing ...usually I make sure products I use haven't been tested etc but a friend gave me her part used tube to try when my knee was particularly really bad..and it made such a difference...and I have a feeling that somewhere along the line I'm going to be in for a shock and discover that either it's made from animal oils or has been tested on them ...
    • Posted

Arthritis Research UK received a donation of £400,000 from Pro Bono Bio, are they going to bite the hand that feeds them question cheesygrin
    • Posted

No Benny their not , I have to agree with you, I didn't realize that they were receiving that kind of money

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.