Does anyone really understand?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Feeling really depressed at the moment. I haven’t had a holiday abroad for 29 years and am due to fly to Portugal next Friday. I have got an ear infection and have been given antibiotics for it, trouble is, they seem to have really upset my bowels and I have extreme rectal pain, which I seem to have a lot of. I know I have a fissure but am not sure if that’s what’s causing this dull ache or if it’s the pockets. I feel so depressed right now. I have kept quiet and not complained really but my “friend “ just phoned me, said I should have called 111, didn’t give me a chance to really reply. I wasn’t going to call them, what can they do except tell me to go to hospital. I know the infection has almost cleared up. I just now have this bad pain and also some on my lower left side. Anyway my “friend “ said abruptly “I just let you get on with it then “. Not really the response I needed. People really have no idea how unpleasant this awful disease is. No wonder I am a bit of a recluse. I don’t think I will contact this “friend “ anymore as I know that stress makes this illness worse and am convinced that stress caused this in the first place. Sorry to rant folks, I just feel so sad and depressed right now. 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I feel you..I'm new here just for the reason that I need to start taking to people who know what I'm going through. I've been pretty crabby at home, but it'd frustrating. My hair is falling out, I can't eat anythin and through it all I can't slow life down..have to work, have to take care of kids and house...Not sure what people expect sometimes..It's hard to be sick😢

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.