Does anyone worry about the future?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm 40 years old and I worry about everything! I have health anxiety so constantly worry about getting ill but I worry about everything else too. Getting older, my kids getting older, my kids leaving home and being independent, becoming a grandparent. I love my life and the way it is now and hate changes and sends me into panic. Wish I could just enjoy and live in the moment but I can't! Would be interesting to know if others feel the same! Thank you.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

yes im going through the same thing now. im 58 all kids gone. although they all live nearby and come over every evening. i dread being alone during the day i too have been suffesing from health anxiety for the last 6 months it all started with an ear virus nausea dizziness tinnitus i swear i have a brain tumour thats why i dont want to be alone cos i think that 1 day that tumour will rupture and ill die alone. have u got any physical symptons? ive had all of them in the past as soon as 1 went it would be replaced by the other. i too dread getting older whats gonna happen how will i cope its on my mind 24/7 which causes worry and headaches. i jus want these thoughts to go away. any1 else out there like me? or am i the only one. do u feel like crying? i do
    • Posted

Yes but im younger and im suffering from bad anxiety and depression i freak out about everything thats normal because of this anxiety conditions im super scared and wish all this pain will just leave me alone and im having symptoms now like not feeling like myself my head feels weird my body is always weak im always tired my appetite changes i can't sleep good feelin sick all the time it sucks but i hope we help each other find a way to deal with this
    • Posted

I had a similar ear condition 5 years ago. It was called labyrintitis and causes the same symptoms you're getting including anxiety. I too thought I had a brain tumour and actually had a scan but it was the inner ear condition. It does clear on its own eventually but unfortunately you get anxiety with it then that can cause symptoms. Its like a vicious circle. Yep, I've probably had every symptom going and been through times when my anxiety has been that crippling, I cant get off the couch. Luckily I'm not like that anymore but its still hard not to overthink things all the time. I've had health anxiety for 14 years.
    • Posted

You have to take baby steps. For me it was still continuing with everything that was normal no matter what it made me feel like. I continued to work, shop, visit family/friends, and I went out for walks all the time. At the worst of my anxiety it was awful, I felt sick and shaky e.t.c but in time, the more I put a smile on my face and pretended I was normal the easier it got. I use to talk constantly about it to anyone that would listen too but I had to stop doing this also because you're still feeding the anxiety. I just cut it off and pretended it wasn't there. I hope you get better soon.
  • Posted

do u worry constantly? are u on any meds? i was on citalopram but the side effects were so bad i came off of them
    • Posted

I cant take any meds as I'm over sensitive to them. Yrs, I can overthink all the time. I've almost constantly got things running through my head. Like wondering if people like me, I get paranoid too all the time.
  • Posted

Hi yes I worry a lot and have told my doc how I feel the answer I get is maybe I am over anxious because I lost my son and fear anything will happen to my daughter and also got told worrying was part of life
    • Posted

im really sorry about your loss u must be devastated. life is cruel. how do you cope?
    • Posted

Hello Elaine I don't cope I just have to tske it as it comes I have a daughter who is a nurse and she is my reason for getting up in morn.It has had a big impact on my health from a healthy person one day to someone who can hardly go out the door and so on underactive thyroid and fybromyalgia and just depressed and anxious all the time thank you for replying I just signed up to this yesterday to see if there was a miracle drug lol take care of yourself
    • Posted

thank you the only miracle drugs at the mo.. seem to be anti depressants which only make you feel worse cos of the side effects alongside anxiety and depression makes life almost unbearable
    • Posted

So sorry to hear about your son. I've lost 3 close family members too so I think that sends you into worrying alot. Worrying is a part of life but shouldnt be that bad it stops you from doing things!
  • Posted

Yes Pauline, and it is scary. I'm almost 64 and my Mom passed away 6mnths ago, she was my last relative in this country. It's been so much on my mind how alone I am and I have constant worries about the future. I never expected to be alone at this age, I was married but my wife passed away from cancer. I guess it's just life and I have to accept it, but it is difficult. I hope you feel better.

Brian

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom and wife. Did you not have any children? Have you got friends around you? Friends can sometimes become the family we haven't got.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.