Does anyone worry about the future?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm 40 years old and I worry about everything! I have health anxiety so constantly worry about getting ill but I worry about everything else too. Getting older, my kids getting older, my kids leaving home and being independent, becoming a grandparent. I love my life and the way it is now and hate changes and sends me into panic. Wish I could just enjoy and live in the moment but I can't! Would be interesting to know if others feel the same! Thank you.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey there,

This is very common. Listen, you have anxiety and you know that. Your anxiety cant kill you, it cant hurt you, it can only get in the way. If you really want to live in the moment, then do it, face your anxiety head on for the sake of your relationship with your family. A lot of people get consumed by worry about anxiety and it ends up taking away from the rest of your life.

I feel the same way, but I've been trying to get through it. You are not alone.

If you need anything all, post on here or feel free to send me a PM.

Good luck and all the best!

• Posted

Yeah, I know, I've been living with it for 14 years, I've been crippled with it in the past but I'm much better than what I was. I work, enjoy going out, I do alot with my family because I've learnt to push it to one side and I've got a very supportive husband. Just wish I didn't overthink every situation all the time! Thank you.
    • Posted

for sure! that's very commo9n and it's hard to stop, but it's amazing that you have such a supportive family that loves you. that must help a lot!
  • Posted

You have just figured out what the core of your anxiety is. You not only worry about the future you want to control it. You have to accept life as is and truth is you do not. You want to control the outcomes and probably get anxious if it doesnt go according to your desired outcome. Saying that i completly understand where your from. I feel so similiar at times. I know in my heart its wrong of me, maybe selfish because everyones lives need to progress and mature, especially the kids lives. I want to be surrounded by the people i love and live me forever. Being alone is scary even now and when kids grow up they dont always end up as close as you want. I totally get this but its unhealthy. A reaolution might be when your older to move to an older community set up so you are surrounded ny people in your situation. Maybe picking up an old hobby or finding a new ine. Not to sound trivial but even adopting a dog or cat. Pets provide so much love. Its not the same but thi gs cant stay the same. Its not how life works. People with anxiety are vulnerable and need lots of love and need to know they are looked after if feel ill. Thats just seems to be how it is. Change rocks the boat. Familiarity is comforting and a although a false sense of security it is security.
    • Posted

Don't get me wrong. I'm proud of my kids. They are kind, well adjusted little humans and they are also my best friends. I encourage them to do things and have encouraged them to travel when they are old enough. They will also be going into careers that they love with both my hubby and my support. I would never hold them.back from doing what they want even it it means living away from us. My hubby and I have already decided what we want to do when the kids have left. We are selling or renting our house and moving to a park of the UK called the lake district 😁
  • Posted

have u ever suffered from morning anxiety where u wake up a little panicky dreading the rest of the day feeling anxious and depressed and having to put up with the symptons
    • Posted

Most mornings I wake up feeling dread. Sometimes it stays with me a while but most days it disappears as soon as I'm up doing things. I don't have the typical anxiety symptoms anymore. I learnt to control them a few years ago.
  • Posted

have u ever suffered from morning anxiety where u wake up a little panicky dreading the rest of the day feeling anxious and depressed and having to put up with the symptons
  • Posted

Yep, I am 56 female with a 17 year old and my life has become one big health worry, I have lots of little niggly health problems which sometimes take over and I start to panic. I hate the thought of getting old am convinced I am going to die young and desperately just want another 10 years to see son through uni and settled a bit. Whilst typing this my chest is aching, I know it is GERD and Costocondritis, but still convinced it is something sinister  I was not like this before I became a parent as I had no one apart from hubbie who relied on me. I panic that he will attacked, that someone will try to hurt him and I think I panic him as well as he is becoming a bit health anxious at times so I am not helping being this way.  I know it is all daft and I could be here in another 30 years but our minds can take over and make us feel really miserable, some days I am super positive others a nervous wreck. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.