Does coffee make withdrawal worse?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm so used to having a couple of cups of coffee a day but since i started withdrawing it seems to make my symptoms worse...espcially the buzzing in my brain. Has any one else found this? Any tips?

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks lucy159 !! he is a keeper! I just hope he still wants me after all of this BS. I  know he'll be right by my side.I know he book marked some sucess stories I'll try to find them.  

FROGGY: I box. I belong to a boxing gym.LOL i'm probably the oldest woman in there.  It is awesome ! I don't know if they have them where you live but look it up !! Not only coming off these drugs did I have marital problems, but lost a friend of 45 years.To cancer. Oh and did I mention the foot injury.Christ! I beat the crap out of that bag like you wouldn't believe!!  I usually excercise 5 times a week, you would think I would be thin Nope!! that Effexor 35  sticking to my bones. I have lost my appetite and craving for sweats now so we'll see. Getting off these drugs have made me insecure about going to places with lots of people . But I'm getting back in the fight !! I WILL BE 57 Anti depressant free and Fabulous this year !!!  

• Posted

I put on so much wright on while on ven an when i stopped it al come off..yay..but left with werid mental changes an unable to function properly mentally. Do you find boxing helps??
    • Posted

I do. Unfortunately I had foot surgery last Thursday and am laid up for a couple weeks. My counselor told me that working out 3 times a week is equal to being on anti depressants. I had trouble being around crowds when I first got off the effexor. Now I'm good to go. I have  always worked out. But now I need it more than ever! Try what ever you can 30 minutes a day!

• Posted

Here is something I found . The powers that be will probably have to look at it before they'll allow a post.

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2009/05/03/6-ways-to-prepare-for-withdrawal-from-an-antidepressant/

• Posted

Another suggestion

Don't listen to the news on TV!!!!!!!

I was reminded yesterday as I haven't had a TV since I moved out. and the News is so Empathetic / trying to get you emotional that you are bombarded with.

MH17 has been going on since July..

MH370 is still going strong in the news here cause we are still looking for it..

They are still re-interviewing and re-agonising people about it.

News does not last as a single nightly item now. It is a long running discussion that changes world politics.

I really feel happy that I'm not umbilicled to News any more. I can actually handle people going "What, you didn't know that?!?" MUCH better than hearing 200% other cra - stuff. smile

• Posted

Hi Lucy, I'm in week 4 with no Venlafaxine and like you, was used to at least 3 cups of espresso out of my machine, per day. When I went off the drugs completely, I had no stomach for it, and yes, it made my brain zaps worse. But then so did no coffee ... it seems either way was a disaster. I got sick too, so couldn't even get up to make myself coffee. However, I stuck with the one a day as I figured my brain was dealing with enough and didn't want to put it through caffine withdrawals as well. I also found the buzzing in my head was linked with my digestion, so took a probiotic as well - usually take this sort of stuff anyway, but due to the digestive upset from lack of Ven, the buzzing got worse. Anyway, hope you're dong a little better 6 days after this post smile
    • Posted

THATS maybe another link apart from B and O2...

You are right, I get these zaps (for me blood rush in the head) more often when I have run myself down.

BTW have been looking for an apartment - funny, It adds to the stress, but the 2l / day Cola helps.

However, I hit the wall, weekend 8th 9th - did a lot of walking in heat, so got heatstroke, and probably had a cold, and on top of that I think I have a throat issue with paper, and pollen..

So I ended up with bad gastric added to Ven gastric reaction

At least I'm getting much checked up in one go smile Second blood test today, which is controlled - first was not starved. I'l be interested to see if the B12 deficiency is still there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.