Does gas cause upset stomach?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was wondering if too much gas in the stomach can make you feel nauseous. I had a chicken sandwich at lunch and didn't eat much for the rest of the day. I think my stomach filled up with gas and now I feel very nauseous. It's either gas or acid making me feel like this. I also have a dull ache in my stomach and feel like I want to go to the toilet again (I went not so long ago). Is it possible I have gastritis? Should I be on PPIs? I just drank some antacid and hoping it works. I'm also burping a lot. This has been happening on and off since August last year. I would be ok for a few weeks and then have a flare up. Every time I think I'm getting better, I end up getting sick again. I think it has something to do with my eating habits. I have started to eat smaller meals more frequently throughout the day and still having flare ups. What should I do??? I also have health anxiety and this has caused me a lot of worry and stress. 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

This is the worst flare up I've had in a long time. This reminds me of when it first started happening and it was at its most intense. I'm literally sitting with a bucket right now because I feel as though I will throw up. I don't know if it's acid or if I ate something that was bad. 

• Posted

Sounds like IbS flare up.. you will have to elimintae the source that cause your flares....and not eating it.. maybe wheat...maybe gluten...maybe dairy...

For now try maybe buscopan....and see...and relax...

• Posted

I completely forgot that coffee is a trigger and I drank that yesterday. Do you suffer from IBS? If so, what are your symptoms and treatment?
  • Posted

Trapped gas can be painful; heartburn can make you feel sick.  If you are having a change of bowel habit and shifting abdominal pain, you may have IBS.
    • Posted

Is upset stomach/vomiting a symptom of IBS? Or is it just a bowel related condition?
    • Posted

Some people vomit with IBS and have an upset stomach.  Some will get heartburn too.
  • Posted

IBS can go away for a while and then come back especially if you are anxious and stresse.
    • Posted

Is it curable? How do you manage/control IBS? I was almost moved to tears last night thinking about what's wrong with me. It's making me sad because I was just starting to think the situation is under control and I was getting better and now this happens. I've actually had 2 flare ups in a short space of time. The first one was minor but this one was intense. Will have to go back to my doctor this week. He may put me back on Prilosec. 

• Posted

I was dizzy and had cold sweat last night. Was worried that something was terribly wrong. it is a frightening thing.
    • Posted

IBS is not generally not curable. However, my brother got rid of his IBS but he still is careful with potato.  Some people do.get clear of it after a while.  I have stress related IBS and I think I will always have it.  I have very infrequent flare ups and Buscopan and Nurofen help it.  I have accepted IBS, and I think this is why it doesn’t bother me so much now.   Try not to  stress about your symptoms and you will have less flare ups and more remissions.

• Posted

nolpaza 20 in the morning. i take for the same problem

D gas 180 with food twice a day

metoclpromide at night

no coffee no onion no garlic no peper and diet

for two weeks

then you are hundred percent

• Posted

I totally forgot that coffee is a trigger and I made a mistake and drank that yesterday. 

Now I am afraid to eat because of the upset stomach.

Please tell me more about your condition and how you are able to manage it.

• Posted

gerd and gas

gatirit could be the problem

no acid fruit like lemon no coffein

and  full diet manage it

no alcohol no  smoking

just mash potato soft rice

and  salmon  lam  chiken but kabab not fried at all

and just water not during  eating meals

if did not work

endoscopy is  needed

but diet is best

mayones in sandvich

and fast food make it worse

• Posted

your sweating and others are because of your anxiety 

keep diet and give yourself two days

it will be ok

also more water

6glass a day at least

in hyatal hernia and gastirit

all problems reverse by diet

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.