Does gas cause upset stomach?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was wondering if too much gas in the stomach can make you feel nauseous. I had a chicken sandwich at lunch and didn't eat much for the rest of the day. I think my stomach filled up with gas and now I feel very nauseous. It's either gas or acid making me feel like this. I also have a dull ache in my stomach and feel like I want to go to the toilet again (I went not so long ago). Is it possible I have gastritis? Should I be on PPIs? I just drank some antacid and hoping it works. I'm also burping a lot. This has been happening on and off since August last year. I would be ok for a few weeks and then have a flare up. Every time I think I'm getting better, I end up getting sick again. I think it has something to do with my eating habits. I have started to eat smaller meals more frequently throughout the day and still having flare ups. What should I do??? I also have health anxiety and this has caused me a lot of worry and stress. 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

gas does not cause upset stomach. stomach is causing excess gas due to many things.

1. more acid is created in the stomach and it  build gas in the stomach.

did you do endoscopy to rule out gastritis or ulcer  and hida and ultrasound to rule out gallstones or non working gallbladder?

i'm having the list of symptoms that you mentioned, but intially i was diagnosed with gastritis with endoscopy, then non working gallbladder with hida scan and ultrasound with multiple gallstones. i suffer with lot of bloating and lot of burping after meals, not sure if gastritis or gallbladder is causing the problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.