Does gastritis cause itching?

Posted , 14 users are following.

So I had an gastroscopy and I was told I had gastitis, they attributed my itching to the gastritis. I get these flares of red patches after eating or when I am exposed to dust of when something touches my skin.

Does anyone know for sure if gastritis causes such itching? I looked around on the internet but didn't find solid information about the relation of gastritis and itching.

3 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

This will not be of any help for you, but your comment facinates me. I have tried my level damndest to figure out what causes itching on the sides of my lower legs. It varies from barely noticeable to infuriating, but there is absolutely nothing to see. Bizarrely, in my efforts to stop it, I have rubbed on an insect repelent, which works. At the present time I'm battling a dry and non productive cough, because of Nasal Drip. I am unaware of any sort of personal problems with my stomache, except there is too much of it. Best. Tony
    • Posted

Your itching is always in the same place?

I always thought I had hiatal hernia because I know it causes a wide range of symptoms that vary from person to another (which is why they call it 'the great mimic'), but it turned out I didn't have it, nor I had any issues with my esophagus despite life long silent reflux, and a recent lump in throat (which they attributed to silent reflux). So I was surprised (and relieved) when I knew I had only gastritis. Gastritis made sense afterall because it appeared when I was on antibiotic and aspirin for a tooth infection.

• Posted

Where do you get them? On your stomach? Do you ever feel like the itch is internal in your esophagus?
    • Posted

Could be any place on the body, limbs face, chest, shoulders, anywhere. Not internally.
  • Posted

Just off the top of my head I would have said that there is no relation.  But, the other day I came accross a product called Histame.  It blocks the histamine released when a person eats foods that they are allergic to.  I can't put up a link but you can do a google search.  Regards, John
    • Posted

I know about hestamine, and anti-hestamine medication, but the question is not what should I take to rid of the itching, I am asking can the rash really be from gastritis? Or should I be investigating other causes?
    • Posted

I am 31 and I am not and never was allergic to any food.
  • Posted

I forgot to mention, rash is always accompanied by intermittent buzzing in one ear, and continious buzzing in the other ear.
    • Posted

The simple answer to your question is "No".  Gastritis does not cause a rash.  Gastritis is the stomachs reaction to either excess acid, a bad bacteria infection, or reaction to medication damage.
    • Posted

You're wrong, the simple answer is "Yes". It's been over a year now and I've since recovered. I can confirm the itching and globus feeling were indeed symptoms of my Gastritis, they came with it and went with it.

As to what caused the Gastritis, I can confirm it was either Amoxicillin/clavulanic acid, or while  at the dentist I accidentaly swallowed a small bit of that acid which they use, I don't know what it's called.

• Posted

Hi Samuelson, I also exactly have the same problem. I am 35 and have no idea what is causing this problem.

Only one thing, I could identify is, if eat more than half a stomach, itching is definite. Hence, I have started eating less and at regular intervals.

Sometimes, I still get itching an and bloating. I swallow couple of gassex tablets from himalaya brand. This gives immediate relief from bloating and itching. But not having a permanent problem. It's already a year now.

• Posted

I'm only here replying to this, because I have exactly the same symptoms.. I itch and welt up along with rash.. I've had theses symptoms for years with no explanation.. A few days ago I was diagnosed with gastritis.. I think there could be connection

• Posted

There can be a connection. I spent two months eating only porrage and oat meals to recover. No soda, caffine, alcohol or anything gasic or acidic.
  • Posted

Dear Samuelson!

How are you today? I know you wrote this over a year ago, but I read this just now...I am wondering what did you discover about your illnes till now? I have the same simptoms like you. The worst of all is itching all over my body...no one doctor here in Slovenia know what is it...I have this itching about one year. I had three times an gastroscopy and I was told I had gastritis, too.

Please, I would be very glad if you replay to me.

Thank you so much.

Nice regards from Slovenia!

Barbara

• Posted

Hi Barbara,

I feel the same thing that u feel about gastritis.. Itching, chest pain, irregular heart beats..Try licorice tea without caffeine..Or anise tea without caffeine.. It works

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.