Does HSP every end

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am a 16 year old girl and I was diagnosed with HSP over a month ago. At first I didn't struggle too much because I was just very tired so i slept most of the time. However a month on atand i have only been back in school for 2 hours at most and I can't cope with that.

I am in year 11 and doing my GSCEs in the summer so I don't want to miss much school however every time I try to get back to normal life even just the tiniest little bit, I am exhausted and begin to feel sick,dizzy and the joint pain is horrible. 

I feel very isolated from my normal life because I struggle to go out to see my horses and I have a tight knit group of friends that I haven't see in a while.

The Doctors are not much help as they don't seem to much about the condition so I feel even more isolated because they don't see to be able to help.

If any teenagers are in a similar situation don't hesitate to write a reply because it would be nice to talk to people my age in the same boat as me!

Lucy 

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Emily and Lucy - did you both have any vaccinations at the start of term before you developed HSP?  Or did either of you have a severe throat or other infection?
  • Posted

Hi Helen

My son is now 8 weeks into having HSP, he's 15 years old and in Year 10. He too can only manage 2 or 3 lessons for a couple of days then needs a couple of days rest. At the moment it's either swollen painful joints or abdominal pain, he can cope with the joint pain but the stomach pain really troubles him. He's been re-admitted twice, once when he had bowrl intersuseption but luckily this stopped & he didn't need surgery. Got protein & blood in urine. Can only have paracetamol. He's really fed up & just wants to be back to normal & seeing friends. He's such a sporty boy too & I have no idea when he'll be back to sports. How are your symptoms now? Hope you are improving & managing some more time with your studying.

• Posted

Hi Lucy - I've dealt with HSP for over 15 years. I strongly suggest taking a daily dose of fish oil. I take about 5 pills per day (5 grams). This is the single most important factor in my managing this disease. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.