Does lack of Oestrogen affect your judgements?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Ladies!

I am beginning to wonder if my menopausal symptoms are causing me to over-react.  I have found myself very jealous when my partner looks at beautiful women either in person or if he comments on them on TV or online.  Partly I think it's because my usual size 6-8 figure has been transformed in the last 6 mths to a size 10-12 wobbly complete with cellulite.  I hate my body even though he says he loves it.  I always feel he is comparing me to other women and I just can't compete.  It makes me so sad.  He keeps telling me to take HRT and maybe he is right, who knows.  The libido has gone completely now, can't even conjure up a sexy thought.  Feel as if I am ready for the scrapheap!  Any comments welcome x

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sounds like you have menopause and depression. Hope you call your doctor and discuss all of this. There are replacement therapy drugs that will help with the libido and sadness. My emotions rollercoaster up and down unless I take HRT. I bet you will feel so much better when you find one that works for you. Good Luck
    • Posted

Hi gmwitt  thank you for commenting.  I think you are right.  I have had depression for many years but the other stuff is new to me.  If you don't mind may I ask which HRT you find helpful? x
  • Posted

I was the same way daisylady. But, I think it was hormonal crazies causing irrational, paranoid, jealous insecurities though, because (not boasting, I'm only saying this to make my point, ok) I was very fit, weighed 120, and a size 4. I got a lot of attention from other men, too..even  much younger guys. But, all I could hyper-fixate on was my husband looking at other women and comparing me to them. It made me miserable, and him too. Finally, I started hrt (bioidentical) and I'm back to my normal pre-peri secure self. I'm so happy and he is too. I wish I'd started hrt years ago instead of suffering. oh, and btw, I'm now a  size 6-8 and much less fit, but feel secure, and happy. Now, when he tells me I'm beautiful and he loves me, I actually believe him!  Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.