Does my experience sound familiar?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi All,

I decided to apply for a volunteer position, mainly computer based work, for 4 hours a week.  The deadline was yesterday at 5.pm but it was also my daughter's birthday, - we'd planned to go out to lunch.

I made sure i took my time filling in the form and tackle it over 4 days, attemptimg small sections at a time. The applicationn form wasn't very difficult, but I was finding it hard to concentrate for very long.  I only had a couple of sections left, did some before going out to lunch, took short bus ride to restaurant, had lovely lunch and we returned hometo finish app form. That's when I got into trouble, as time went by I was getting more and more stressed and my fingers, brain, and laptop were not in sync.  The 5pm deadline came and went, I still hadn't finished and eventually gave up.  EVERYTHING HURT - . My heart was pounding out of my chest,  my arms an legs felt so heavy, I had shooting pains running through my whole body. My cat jumped on my lap and I screamed out in pain, it was like an electric shock travelling throughout my body. My head ached and I couldn't stand any noise around me, the tv was too bright and too loud. I took pain killers  -  they had no effect. I was crying and moaning in pain. I went to bed at 8.30pm and woke this morning at 5.am. 

I feel awful, my body feels as if there is hot liquid running through it and I can't lift my hands above my head without being in tremendous pain.

My jaw is painful and my eyes are unfocussed, the small of my back is throbbing and my neck is really stiff. 

I don't have a diagnosis for fibromyalgia  (seeing Rheumatologist next month) BUT my symptoms match those of fibro.

Just wanted to share - ask if my experience sounds familiar to those who have been in my shoes.

Sorry for the long post -  have to finish now - everything is hurting cry

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Ela

Poor you, sounds similar to Fibro, but try not to stress too much over it as this doesn't help the fibro.  I would take notes of all your experiences and take with you when you go to see your rheumatologist next month.

Gentle hugs and take care. wink x

• Posted

Thank you Bee70,

I will take notes - and learn to listen to my body - not my head.  I have a stubbon determind side to me that was very helpful in the past, but is a pain in the neck (haha) now.

Have a nice weekend. xx

• Posted

Hi Ela. It does sound familiar! I have just last week been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, in my area rheumatology pass the referral to CMAT ( community Musclorskeletal assessment team) they then decide if it's fibro or if you need to see rheumatology. 

I had kept a diary of all my symptoms for a week, and had made a list of everything that I experienced too, adding to it as it happened. This helped the professional and me as I might not have remembered to tell her everything I experienced during my consultation! 

Try keeping a diary and making a list, but above all, try not to stress, that really, really does not help! Sending you gentle hugs and hoping you have a better day today- the sun is shining here, always a positive! 

• Posted

Hi PiliPalaB4ch,

If it turns out not to be Fibro, I'm certain what is going on with me is not right.  I  have a list of my symptoms, but keeping a log is a great idea, then i can keep track of what I was doing to trigger a particular symptom  - and will start a diary today.

Thanks for the support - love and blesssings. x

• Posted

Glad my suggestion helped! One thing I will say is write everything in the diary, even if you think it's trivial! I wrote mine in google docs so that I could add to it as something happened accessing via my phone or iPad, that way it was immediate and I didn't have to remember (not a strong point these days!) to write it later! You can download free apps to help you with this too if you prefer, but I found it more flexible to keep my own diary! 

Take care and keep strong xxxx

• Posted

I don't understand ela808, you have said that it turns out to 'not be Fibro'... Then what has your Rheumatologist said it is then????  Surely he must have some Idea and with proven facts to back up his diagnostics!!!

Does he reckon Rhuematoid Arthritis???

• Posted

Sorry deb97936,  Maybe a typo - was still feeling awful when I wrote my post. I haven't seen a Rhuematologist yet, my appointment is next month.

It was the Neurologist who sent me packing.  After loads of tests ruling a lot of things out, and my symptoms, I suspect I may have Fibro.

Had blood test through my GP testing for Arthritic markers - apparently, they were negative.  

• Posted

Good new no arthritis... Believe me it is painful and it is always a issu for meds to give some relief. I'm very glad to hear you have no arthritis. I have 4 different kinds an manag on at a time.
    • Posted

SORRY ela808..My bad, my error, my mistake, my my my...  

I just re read your post and it was actually ME who mis-read your post...  I didn't see the 'IF it turns out......' lol.. tsk dah me!

• Posted

Hi ela808 Sounds very much like fibro hope all goes well for you with your rheummy appointment. like Bee said write all your symptoms down and take with you. stress worry dont help make fibro pain 10x worse.The electric shocks Ive had going through my body. trying to concentrate and type is getting harder to do.Everything you have described I have been through.fibro has many symptoms not one of them is plesent to have. let us know how your appointment goes take care gentle hugs x
    • Posted

Hi Kaz 40,

Thanks for your reply - i forgot to mention in my earlier post, that when i'm feeling particularly bad (when most of the symptoms are present), I get  quite hot, my hands and feet get hot and look swollen. The knuckles and bones in my hands feel swollen and tender to the touch. I also get tingling lips - first thing in the morning, really itchy skin - like ants crawling on me and a rash/tiny spots on my face which also itch...... Firbro related??

Have a good weekend xx

• Posted

Being hot swollen hands and feet your hands feet being hot are all fibro symptoms. Tingling any where in the body  itchy skin feelings like ants are crawling up you are also symptoms. the rash on your face unsure whether that is down to fibro or something else. I know fibro can cause skin complaints. if the rash doesnt go away you could have that checked out by a nurse or gp, just incase it is something else going and not fibro related. It wouldnt surprise me if it is fibro related, but I would have it checked out. Hope you have a good weekend too take care xx
    • Posted

Yes, I have hot hands and feet. Swelling around ankle areas but this eases if I keep my feet elevated. Hands constantly hot and feel very tired on a regular basis. Unfortunately, it's all part of Fibro.

Gentle hugs and take care wink x

• Posted

Sounds like an allergy reaction to meds. I had the same reaction  from two meds I was taking. Once I stopped one the itching went away.

sometimes it's just the meds that set off the histimines in the body and cause itching.

• Posted

Taking tablets can sometimes do us more harm than good, by the alergic reactions we can get off them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.