Does my experience sound familiar?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi All,

I decided to apply for a volunteer position, mainly computer based work, for 4 hours a week.  The deadline was yesterday at 5.pm but it was also my daughter's birthday, - we'd planned to go out to lunch.

I made sure i took my time filling in the form and tackle it over 4 days, attemptimg small sections at a time. The applicationn form wasn't very difficult, but I was finding it hard to concentrate for very long.  I only had a couple of sections left, did some before going out to lunch, took short bus ride to restaurant, had lovely lunch and we returned hometo finish app form. That's when I got into trouble, as time went by I was getting more and more stressed and my fingers, brain, and laptop were not in sync.  The 5pm deadline came and went, I still hadn't finished and eventually gave up.  EVERYTHING HURT - . My heart was pounding out of my chest,  my arms an legs felt so heavy, I had shooting pains running through my whole body. My cat jumped on my lap and I screamed out in pain, it was like an electric shock travelling throughout my body. My head ached and I couldn't stand any noise around me, the tv was too bright and too loud. I took pain killers  -  they had no effect. I was crying and moaning in pain. I went to bed at 8.30pm and woke this morning at 5.am. 

I feel awful, my body feels as if there is hot liquid running through it and I can't lift my hands above my head without being in tremendous pain.

My jaw is painful and my eyes are unfocussed, the small of my back is throbbing and my neck is really stiff. 

I don't have a diagnosis for fibromyalgia  (seeing Rheumatologist next month) BUT my symptoms match those of fibro.

Just wanted to share - ask if my experience sounds familiar to those who have been in my shoes.

Sorry for the long post -  have to finish now - everything is hurting cry

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Ela.

Like everyone has said to you, what you describe sounds like fibro. We are not Dr's ans still need their opinion and diagnosis, not that all doctors believe that fibro exists.

Rheumatologists are generally the ones who give you the diagnosis, so good look for your appointment.

Like everyone has said take a list of all your symptoms with you.

Take care and gentle hugs

• Posted

Sounds like Fibro to me!...   All the very best to you going forward..   Having a proper diagnostic does help to give someone the edge to cope better, even though it's not necessarily what anyone wishes to hear.  But it's a load better than not having an answer and living with 'disbelief, treated as a hypochondric and being fobbed off'..    Gentle cyber hug...  x
  • Posted

Really feeling for you ela..sounds sooooo familiar...great that you see Rheumatologist soon...they will diagnose you very swiftly fir syre..at least you have a name fir all your woes now...be blessed  Ella, gave a great week..:-) xxx
  • Posted

Hi Ela, there isn't really much I can add to this discussion that hasn't already been said. Hold in there, take notes of your symptoms and what you were doing, ie. did you wake up with pain, had you been doing physical activity etc. this is helpful for two reasons. Firstly it helps you when you go to your appointment to show them what is happening and you won't miss anything out when your explaining what happens to you. The second reason is that it can possibly show a pattern to your symptoms and help you pace and /or avoid particular activities or situations. 

It is very frustrating, especially when you don't have a diagnosis, but hopefully you will get the answers you need. I think everyone with fibro can relate to all you have said. The best advice I can give to you is to be kind to yourself, there's only one of you which makes you pretty special. 

Let us know how you get on. Gentle hugs xx

• Posted

Aww so kind, thanks for reminding me smile

Like many of other women, I look after others before I myself.

I will let you all know the outcome of my Rheumatology appointment.

Thanks again for your support.

love and blessings xx

• Posted

Discuss this with your rheumy. They are experienced as to how to test for ..fibro. Then there are many meds that can give you reliefalso talk therapy helped me a lot! 

peace & healing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.